• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is La'EL Collins would have been the Lions pick at 23, and both him and his agent knew this going in. The Lions were the team rumored to have almost drafted him on day 2, but got cold feet when no progress had been made on officially ruling Collins out as a suspect by the time their pick was up.

Once Collins became an UFA, both he and his agent still expected to be signed by Detroit, but by then the Lions had already decided for whatever reason to pass on bringing the LSU tackle to Motown.

Wow.

I'm actually a pretty good poker player. I think you're bluffing hoping I will totally lose my shit (worse than before even). Give us some links otherwise.

Even if every single detail of what you said was proven without a shadow of a doubt to be true people on here would still defend The Clown Show. I'm done caring.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it on XM radio.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it on XM radio.

I'm sorry it has to be immediately discredited. i don't believe they are on the approved list of credible sources.

You should always check first with the Mayhew Militia before posting something that might somehow paint him in a bad light. And of course provide them with advance notice so they can prepare the "better roster, slightly above average" response.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the rumor.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it today on sports talk also.

Had some guy on from some website tallinbough it.

No link will be provided, under any circumstances.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're talking about it right now on satellite radio. WPIG 95.7 out of Aurora, Illinois.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww....thats too bad that we didn't get him. This is Lions Nation. Screw Dallas and their new RT or whatever. ..

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly makes everyone think that Collins would be more impactful than Tomlinson? Is Collins a better RT than Tomlinson is a LG? Would Collins even beat Waddle out for the spot?

I bet he ends up riding pine in Dallas too.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly makes everyone think that Collins would be more impactful than Tomlinson? Is Collins a better RT than Tomlinson is a LG? Would Collins even beat Waddle out for the spot?

I bet he ends up riding pine in Dallas too.

Why are you comparing him to Tomlinson? He would be the LG and Collins the RT. compare him to Waddle or Williams or Lucas maybe. Whoever of them that they put out there isn't even close to Collins (IMO)

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you comparing him to Tomlinson? He would be the LG and Collins the RT. compare him to Waddle or Williams or Lucas maybe. Whoever of them that they put out there isn't even close to Collins (IMO)

Because if we picked Collins we would not have picked Tomlinson. Tomlinson will be more effective at LG IMO then Collins will be at RT. Especially year 1. You answered my other question fair enough.

It does not matter as it is all theoretical anyway. Lions were not picking Collins. It might have come up for a millisecond before Caldwell shot it down. Collins was not a high character guy even before the incident so it is not like it was the sole reason for passing on him. Also, another team would have taken him before 23 anyway if the incident never happened.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if we picked Collins we would not have picked Tomlinson. Tomlinson will be more effective at LG IMO then Collins will be at RT. Especially year 1. You answered my other question fair enough.

It does not matter as it is all theoretical anyway. Lions were not picking Collins. It might have come up for a millisecond before Caldwell shot it down. Collins was not a high character guy even before the incident so it is not like it was the sole reason for passing on him. Also, another team would have taken him before 23 anyway if the incident never happened.
I never read anything predraft that said Collins was trouble. Where did u read he was? Just curious is all.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are focusing on it differently. this is about having signed Collins as an UDFA and stems from my extreme anger over the effort (in this case a complete lack there of) to sign him.

Read what Swarm posted recently about the rumors of the Lions interest in Collins and even what the Collins camp expected to happen once he went undrafted. That would seem to fly in the face of all the folks who have said that Collins was never coming here.

It would also seem to completely disprove those same folks who were saying that we couldnt possibly know what efforts were actually made by the Lions to sign him. If there is any truth to those rumors then we might very well have been in the 5 teams who didn't pursue him and we would have had a good chance to actually sign him.

Just more proof of what I've been saying for years about this franchise. But that's ok, if we go 8-8 that's good enough

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely remember reading that high character was one of Collins top attributes. Well, before his much older, pregnant, ex girlfriend got murdered for some weird reason.

Not that I care we didn't draft him in the 7th or try to get him to sign with us.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has high character when you grade on the LSU curve.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad then. I did not remember reading anything about him being that way or a brainiac. If he was at least a high character guy then there is a chance the Lions were considering him.
I swear I read somewhere he had gang ties.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad then. I did not remember reading anything about him being that way or a brainiac. If he was at least a high character guy then there is a chance the Lions were considering him.
I was all aboot the guy until week of.

Then when he didn't bend over backwards to clear his name, I was done.

Judging by how he handled things, I'm guessing brainiac isn't something he's bringing to JeruhWerld.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I read somewhere he had gang ties.
tumblr_mowq0m5zw21sv1jlro1_500.gif

200_s.gif