• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is not what we think as everyone has opinions it's how we come to those opinions.

Nobody on this board is or has been a NFL GM. We read Kiper, Kirwan, Brandt, ESPN, CBS, Bleachereport, and on and on and formulate our opinion. We don't have the luxury of being in the interviews at the combine, or the Senior Bowl.

So leading up I heard Malcolm Brown was possible a top 20 pick. Based upon talking heads. That Funchess was a 1st rounder. So when the Lions take a guy like LT, I scratch my head as I hadn't heard he was a first rounder. Maybe the Lions scouts did their due diligence and sold Mayhew. Maybe he is a steal at 28 and will have 27 other teams regretting they passed on him.

But the same was said of Ebron last year. Mayhew stated he would be an impact receiver and the Lions spanned it to the fan base. Although most talking heads thought 10 was to high. I gave Mayhew the benefit of the doubt as no other guy I really wanted was still left on the board. And lets be honest nobody thought OBJ would be that great year 1.

The problem as I see it is Mayhew does not get, nor does he deserve IMO the benefit of the doubt regarding these picks. If LT pans out Mayhew gets credit and can start rehabbing his image to fans. But before I get all it was such a wonderful pick I need to see the kid play. If after 10-16 games he plays like Warford did his rookie year then Mayhew will get the credit.

I just don't feel like fluffing these guys as I have seen it before. The fairest I can do is lets wait and see.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We call Rob internet tough guy?... Seems to be another one on the loose. Making ones self feel better with a lack of confidence by being smarter than me, a self proclaimed dumbass is like being happy you're the fastest fat kid.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We call Rob internet tough guy?... Seems to be another one on the loose. Making ones self feel better with a lack of confidence by being smarter than me, a self proclaimed dumbass is like being happy you're the fastest fat kid.
Not going to go round and round with you, nothing to be gained. If you think your post is "pretty clean" then you aren't bright enough to win a coin flip if you had two choices. Ignore button wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Far more fun to see your IC to the rescue, like always. Could have sworn there was some sort of issue not that long ago over something like that. Way more funny than arguing with you.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy is already in the Rainbro IC he can't have his own IC too.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to give some cake there Rob. That is what I would get and eat it also with not one, not two, but three IC clans apparently.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where the fuck is the rest of that post? :gaah:

...................They are hiring PI's to investigate the Collins case but not even bothering to substantiate one of the central points of an article that could completely ruin his working relationship with the GM of the team he covers if it was completely inaccurate. Why is it that when you don't agree it must be bullshit but when you do its completely accurate and fully investigated to get all of the facts correct? Just wondering?
You're narrowing "the media" down to a single Mlive writer here. Many different facets to the NFL media industry... we're not looking at a one-size-fits-all situation here...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either way he was not making a big pay day. Then the smart thing is be a UDFA who can only sign a three year deal. Hope he does not get hurt and then cash in year four

This is all of course if he is not involved.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nothing to lose in the seventh with it put out there that way. Seems he is forced to sign a cheap deal now anyway maybe. He can't sign a UDFA deal if we hold the rights to him.

At this point if he caves in and signs that would be a stout five of Reiff Tomlinson Swanson Warford and Collins. With a lot of depth. Quality depth. I said I want to see what Waddle and Collins have to offer? Well I can put that on hold for Collins.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should use our 7th on him. If he's cleared it's play for us or don't play...

I see your point. However, imagine this..."Detriot Lions La'el Collins charged with double murder." No owner wants that associated with their team for years to come.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. However, imagine this..."Detriot Lions La'el Collins charged with double murder." No owner wants that associated with their team for years to come.
I think enough people know the back story that we could just cut him and move on. Mayhew could just be straight-forward about it and tell fans/media that we don't know yet that he'll be cleared, but he's also not considered a suspect at the time of the draft, so we moved to secure his rights. If he's charged in relation to the case, we plan on cutting him immediately.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are taking a lot of heat for drafting Clark i could see them signing this guy sice they both could use the o-line help and apparently there gm just doesn't give a shit

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that everyone passed on him, I think it's fair to not be upset. I heard something along the lines that if you are drafted and don't sign, you are eligible for the next year, but if you aren't drafted you are stuck in the UDFA pool. So if we used a 7th on him he would have done as he had threatened and held out in hopes of being drafted higher the following year. Even if he's cleared, that's some fucked up shit that most people don't have floating around their life.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that everyone passed on him, I think it's fair to not be upset. I heard something along the lines that if you are drafted and don't sign, you are eligible for the next year, but if you aren't drafted you are stuck in the UDFA pool. So if we used a 7th on him he would have done as he had threatened and held out in hopes of being drafted higher the following year. Even if he's cleared, that's some fucked up shit that most people don't have floating around their life.

He basically put himself in this position by doing just that. If he kept his mouth shut, some team definitely would have taken the chance on him. Once he made his intentions known, no team in their right mind would waste even a 7th on him.