• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please, no more CK7 vs. Smith debates

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear who should be our starter heading forward this year, in the playoffs, and into next year. Everyone knows about the physical tools, but the swagger and edge he brings to the offense is evident. He's a QB that makes the players around him better, Alex isn't. Simple as that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am President Barack Obama and I approve this message!!

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pleasantly suprised with Kaeps progress and feel a lot better after his second start. I hope he continues to improve.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Forgive me, Clyde, but you know by making another thread for it, it will make for one more debate. :) Probably unavoidable even if you hadn't, though. Just saying.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely. Kap makes everyone around better. He did enough today to be the starter next week and hopefully the remainder of the year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CK doesn't watch his back on his running plays we might have to talk about Alex again... please don't take any more shots like that Colin.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no doubt what kap brings to the table, but smith has been good overal for us this year.

too bad it took smith this long to get things figured out, although losing a year and a half didn't help.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There was a reason why our front office and coaches made the decision to trade up to select him in the early 2nd round.

You don't make such a big investment on a player if you don't believe that he is not a "potential franchise" type like QB. You don't use a second round pick on someone to play him three years later.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the record:

Eric Branch: Harabugh on if Kaepernick would start next week: "We'll address that at a later date." #49ers

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For the record:

Eric Branch: Harabugh on if Kaepernick would start next week: "We'll address that at a later date." #49ers

I think Harbaugh is going to milk this the rest of the season.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap played another solid game.

It looks like he should start next week. But I won't be surprised if he doesn't. Kap didn't play lights out today, so I wouldn't be surprised if Harbs goes back to Alex. I think he used this week as an audition since smith technically wasn't cleared till a little later. Honestly I think it's kap again but a big part of me can see Harbs going with smith.

It will be another interesting week lol

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a reason why our front office and coaches made the decision to trade up to select him in the early 2nd round.

You don't make such a big investment on a player if you don't believe that he is not a "potential franchise" type like QB. You don't use a second round pick on someone to play him three years later.

Baalke's feelings on Smith is why that move happened. I think Baalke warmed to Alex a little after last year, but he certainly saw Smith's limitations held the team back. Baalke did say that the QB of the future wasn't on the roster before that draft, and Smith still was on the roster.

With the 3 years, I thought it would take about that long because of how everyone said CK was a project and how he was coming out of a gimmick system, etc. More praise for Harbaugh to get CK ready only a year later.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep played well for his 1st road start, but it was not spectacular. He only led us to 2 TD's and 1 FG granted Akers missed what should have been another FG. You can't really count the blocked FG since that came thanks to the defense forcing a failed 4th down.

The running game never really got going and you have to wonder if some of that is on Kaep's call at the line of the scrimmage. I loved watching him on the read option hand the ball to Gore as Gore was being tackled >_>; He made some great plays in the 1st half to avoid pressure and make some plays out of nothing. He also did ok with the crowd noise.

The fact is though the 14 points from the defense won the game not anything Kaep did. Kaep did nothing to lose the game though and that was big playing in such a hostile environment.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep played well for his 1st road start, but it was not spectacular. He only led us to 2 TD's and 1 FG granted Akers missed what should have been another FG. You can't really count the blocked FG since that came thanks to the defense forcing a failed 4th down.

The running game never really got going and you have to wonder if some of that is one Kaep's call at the line of the scrimmage. I loved watching him on the read option hand the ball to Gore as Gore was being tackled >_>; He made some great plays in the 1st half to avoid pressure and make some plays out of nothing. He also did ok with the crowd noise.

The fact is though the 14 points from the defense won the game not anything Kaep did. Kaep did nothing to lose the game though and that was big playing in such a hostile environment.

It also seemed like we didn't have the ball for that long. Also the blown call by the refs on Crabtree didn't help. And all the holding calls that happened to negate a lot of yardage screwed us as well.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap will start. I do not see why Harbaugh would even consider Alex at this point.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The running game never really got going and you have to wonder if some of that is on Kaep's call at the line of the scrimmage. I loved watching him on the read option hand the ball to Gore as Gore was being tackled >_>; He made some great plays in the 1st half to avoid pressure and make some plays out of nothing. He also did ok with the crowd noise.

Lol.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap played another solid game.

It looks like he should start next week. But I won't be surprised if he doesn't. Kap didn't play lights out today, so I wouldn't be surprised if Harbs goes back to Alex. I think he used this week as an audition since smith technically wasn't cleared till a little later. Honestly I think it's kap again but a big part of me can see Harbs going with smith.

It will be another interesting week lol

well imo they will stick with kap. with kap they can open up the playbook a lot more as the season goes along. for a 1st year starter kap looks confident and in control.