• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

playoff team post game lions

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting or trading CDC and DH costs you 20 mil in dead cap space signing Allen would cost about 10 mil . Drafting a qb adds another 14 mil . 44 mil at the position and half not even being used

Go into next season with DH and a rookie. Showcase DH and let the rookie compete. Our QB situation is a complete mess and we have to clean it up in order to fix the team. Eat the 11 million in dead cap for AS.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go into next season with DH and a rookie. Showcase DH and let the rookie compete. Our QB situation is a complete mess and we have to clean it up in order to fix the team. Eat the 11 million in dead cap for AS.
That is an option . Can’t see it happening even if it should

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington won Super-bowls with Theesman, Williams and Rypien, let that sink in for a moment. The key? A great offensive line! How is it possible that the formula has been forgotten/dismissed in a place where domestic pigs were made famous?

I say, keep the three guys that you have, cut or keep Smith next year, I really don't care, add a guy if Allen gets paid more somewhere else, but for goodness sakes, go back to that winning formula. Get the monsters that you need on the O-line, get your Warren, Didier types at TE, then take the field, and win some games. This isn't rocket science, it's blocking and tackling 101.

I swear this QB centric nonsense is ruining the game. Turns out, Super Bowls can be won with good not just great QB play.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some excellent points Sty.

And things... that ONLY we redskin fans truly know and understand (if we are old enuff or well enuff versed in our history...lol) as we are the ONLY franchise to have seen successful runs to SBs with 3 ‘Not Generational’ talent but above average QBs.

The game is won in the trenches. Even now, with the pass happy rules and nearly impossible limitations placed on defensive players, it all begins at the line, both sides.

Thing is tho, decent to above average QB play REMAINS critical to the formula as well. QBs do touch the ball EVERY play. And salary caps make balancing teams very challenging obviously. Here we have failed, time and time again.

QBs are now the premier faces of the NFL. The rules favoring them and keeping them healthy are not changing. Way too much money is involved at this point. And no one wants to see product rolled out on the field with lesser play from a back up QB. No one.

So, I’m not sure what the exact formula is THESE days. I know what worked in THOSE days. But certainly a franchise must have strength in the trenches and decent to above average QB play. This, for sure hasn’t changed.

HTTR!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some excellent points Sty.

And things... that ONLY we redskin fans truly know and understand (if we are old enuff or well enuff versed in our history...lol) as we are the ONLY franchise to have seen successful runs to SBs with 3 ‘Not Generational’ talent but above average QBs.

The game is won in the trenches. Even now, with the pass happy rules and nearly impossible limitations placed on defensive players, it all begins at the line, both sides.

Thing is tho, decent to above average QB play REMAINS critical to the formula as well. QBs do touch the ball EVERY play. And salary caps make balancing teams very challenging obviously. Here we have failed, time and time again.

QBs are now the premier faces of the NFL. The rules favoring them and keeping them healthy are not changing. Way too much money is involved at this point. And no one wants to see product rolled out on the field with lesser play from a back up QB. No one.

So, I’m not sure what the exact formula is THESE days. I know what worked in THOSE days. But certainly a franchise must have strength in the trenches and decent to above average QB play. This, for sure hasn’t changed.

HTTR!
Lots of good points Cali.

We all know it, we all beat around the bush and use the words but what it takes is a TEAM. Not just a QB, not just a line or two lines if you are bogarting.

For those of us who remember the Gibbs era first edition. He won with 3 different QBs, three different RBs. They could run the ball and pass it. They had a very good defense. The coaches were awesome ... Gibbs, Petibon, Buges and many more.
Look at the good teams, the team itself is good, the coaches are good. Seattle, New England, Indy with Dungy, Pittsburgh with Tomlin, Philly and KC with Andy Reid. You need the entire shooting match.

Whether is it Haskins, Lance, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones or any of those other guys it isn't going to change until the team changes.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington won Super-bowls with Theesman, Williams and Rypien, let that sink in for a moment. The key? A great offensive line! How is it possible that the formula has been forgotten/dismissed in a place where domestic pigs were made famous?

I say, keep the three guys that you have, cut or keep Smith next year, I really don't care, add a guy if Allen gets paid more somewhere else, but for goodness sakes, go back to that winning formula. Get the monsters that you need on the O-line, get your Warren, Didier types at TE, then take the field, and win some games. This isn't rocket science, it's blocking and tackling 101.

I swear this QB centric nonsense is ruining the game. Turns out, Super Bowls can be won with good not just great QB play.

I'm disappointed because you didn't give me more forward thinking to do because you nailed it with current thinking that is spot on! The only problem is that the current domestic pigs that you speak of who currently make up our O-Line may never grow up to be full grown hogs. So, since Gibbs is in the racing business, rather than the animal growing business, who do we contact to find these large creatures that you speak of? They've got to be somewhere since I'm told that players are bigger, stronger, and faster than they use to be. I'm old school so maybe blocking and tackling doesn't matter the way it use to since this game has changed into an aerial assault but I'm still not buying that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed because you didn't give me more forward thinking to do because you nailed it with current thinking that is spot on! The only problem is that the current domestic pigs that you speak of who currently make up our O-Line may never grow up to be full grown hogs. So, since Gibbs is in the racing business, rather than the animal growing business, who do we contact to find these large creatures that you speak of? They've got to be somewhere since I'm told that players are bigger, stronger, and faster than they use to be. I'm old school so maybe blocking and tackling doesn't matter the way it use to since this game has changed into an aerial assault but I'm still not buying that.
Take a look at the Pittsburg Steelers and we find a team that has employed a total of 3 HC's since 1969. This team has a signature formula that they have adhered to from that time to now and they've found success (a winning formula) They are:
Chuck Noll1969–91193-148-1
Bill Cowher1992–2006149-90-1
Mike Tomlin2007-Present133-74-1

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington had a winning formula that translates to today's game and for whatever reason decided to hire coaches who didn't do things the Washington way. Who are the current ones? I can't say for sure, but there was no building on the Gibbs tree as it should have been, especially considering there were several members of his staff that went on to become head coaches, including Joe Bugel, Dan Henning, etc. More current Gibbs fostered players Russ Grimm, Todd Bowles and a few others who became branches of that tree. How on earth Grimm wasn't hired here in D.C still puzzles me.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at the Pittsburg Steelers and we find a team that has employed a total of 3 HC's since 1969. This team has a signature formula that they have adhered to from that time to now and they've found success (a winning formula) They are:
Chuck Noll1969–91193-148-1
Bill Cowher1992–2006149-90-1
Mike Tomlin2007-Present133-74-1

Absolutely because if you get behind the Steelers in the 4th quarter their running game might not give you the ball back by eating up minutes on the clock. They have been and remain a solid organization for many years.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington had a winning formula that translates to today's game and for whatever reason decided to hire coaches who didn't do things the Washington way. Who are the current ones? I can't say for sure, but there was no building on the Gibbs tree as it should have been, especially considering there were several members of his staff that went on to become head coaches, including Joe Bugel, Dan Henning, etc. More current Gibbs fostered players Russ Grimm, Todd Bowles and a few others who became branches of that tree. How on earth Grimm wasn't hired here in D.C still puzzles me.

Look no further than who we had at the top back then vs. what we have at the top now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely because if you get behind the Steelers in the 4th quarter their running game might not give you the ball back by eating up minutes on the clock. They have been and remain a solid organization for many years.
Yeah man, it's formulaic, 3 HC's since 1969 is hella consistent more so than having a QB. Here's a list of their QB's since 1969: Even in the lean years, they stuck with the HC.

SeasonRegular season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000Kordell Stewart (11) / Kent Graham (5)
[68]
2001Kordell Stewart (16)Kordell Stewart (1–1)
[69]
2002Tommy Maddox (11) / Kordell Stewart (5)Tommy Maddox (1–1)
[70]
2003Tommy Maddox (16)
[71]
2004Ben Roethlisberger (13) / Tommy Maddox (3)Ben Roethlisberger (1–1)
[72]
2005Ben Roethlisberger (12) / Tommy Maddox (2) / Charlie Batch (2)Ben Roethlisberger (4–0)
[73]
2006Ben Roethlisberger (15) / Charlie Batch (1)
[74]
2007Ben Roethlisberger (15) / Charlie Batch (1)Ben Roethlisberger (0–1)
[75]
2008Ben Roethlisberger (16)Ben Roethlisberger (3–0)
[76]
2009Ben Roethlisberger (15) / Dennis Dixon (1)
[77]
2010Ben Roethlisberger (12) / Charlie Batch (2) / Dennis Dixon (2)Ben Roethlisberger (2–1)
[78]
2011Ben Roethlisberger (15) / Charlie Batch (1)Ben Roethlisberger (0–1)
[79]
2012Ben Roethlisberger (13) / Charlie Batch (2) / Byron Leftwich (1)
[80]
2013Ben Roethlisberger (16)
[81]
2014Ben Roethlisberger (16)Ben Roethlisberger (0–1)
[82]
2015Ben Roethlisberger (11) / Michael Vick (3) / Landry Jones (2)Ben Roethlisberger (1–1)
[83]
2016Ben Roethlisberger (14) / Landry Jones (2)Ben Roethlisberger (2–1)
[84]
2017Ben Roethlisberger (15) / Landry Jones (1)Ben Roethlisberger (0–1)
[85]
2018Ben Roethlisberger (16)
[86]
2019Mason Rudolph (8) / Devlin Hodges (6) / Ben Roethlisberger (2)
[87]
2020Ben Roethlisberger (9)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC stability and Qb stability
I’d add GM and scouting and a contract stability. Not sure why we lost Eric Schafer...still annoyed by that. Again one of the best in the biz. Stinks of losing John Schneider (?) to Seattle way back when.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d add GM and scouting and a contract stability. Not sure why we lost Eric Schafer...still annoyed by that. Again one of the best in the biz. Stinks of losing John Schneider (?) to Seattle way back when.

May we add ownership concerning the Pittsburgh Steelers since the Rooney family has kept them a stable force for many years?