• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Predictions

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care how it all falls.
Doesn't matter who the AFC team is:

Packers win SB XLVII

Haha! Dude - The way the Packers played the final 30 minutes of tonight's game you better hope it is not an AFC team that makes it to the Super Bowl but rather a BCS team - and a weak one at that!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 for me as well

Today's games are a little tougher to predict. I see the Ravens with a fairly easy win over Indy and Seattle winning a close one over Washington.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! Dude - The way the Packers played the final 30 minutes of tonight's game you better hope it is not an AFC team that makes it to the Super Bowl but rather a BCS team - and a weak one at that!

I didn't watch much of the second half because after the Packers got 17 points and seeing just how bad Webb really is I saw no point. I will say that the Packers were pretty impressive in the first half. Got a feeling they learned something from watching New England eat us alive with the hurry up and that we'll get a big dose of that come Saturday.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was one of the least impressive games I've seen from the Packers in an important spot in a long time. Maybe three seasons worth?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's games are a little tougher to predict. I see the Ravens with a fairly easy win over Indy and Seattle winning a close one over Washington.

I have the same winners from a straight pick-em perspective - But I have the opposite winners from a sentimental disposition.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the least impressive games I've seen from the Packers in an important spot in a long time. Maybe three seasons worth?

Agreed. I was especially unimpressed in second half.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if we knew the game was over at half time, I'm sure the Packers did as well. They let up and made sure no one got hurt.
That last drive of the first half was extremely impressive and I believe will be the strategy they employ for the entire game against the 49ers based on how easy Newe England made it look doing the same thing.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't feel like that kind of second half. It felt like they struggled. Rodgers admitted as much post game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three for Three.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there a team left in the playoffs that is playing worse football than the
49ers are now though? I can't think of one.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins over the Hawks(upset)
Packers over Vikings
Texans over Bengals(two in a row)
Colts over Ravens(upset)

Falcons over Skins(bad matchup)
49ers over Packers(adios Rodgers)
Broncos over Colts(media hype mania)
Texans over Pats(upset in NE)

49ers over Falcons(!!!)
Texans over Broncos(been there done that)

49ers over Texans... eat it!

bahhh 2-1 thus far....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a team left in the playoffs that is playing worse football than the
49ers are now though? I can't think of one.

Yep, since the playoffs started, they haven't scored a single point or gained a single yard! They are doing as poorly as Denver, Atlanta, and the Patriots. ;) But that has to be better than Joe Webb's game and Andy Dalton's bad matchup with the Texans (first half mostly), right? (I know you said teams that are still in the playoffs. I'd have to say Schaub has done the worst out of all the winners.)

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, since the playoffs started, they haven't scored a single point or gained a single yard! They are doing as poorly as Denver, Atlanta, and the Patriots. ;) But that has to be better than Joe Webb's game and Andy Dalton's bad matchup with the Texans (first half mostly), right? (I know you said teams that are still in the playoffs. I'd have to say Schaub has done the worst out of all the winners.)

I meant coming in to the playoffs but then you knew that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four for four. Not hard to predict though. The big thing for me this year is that each team that was supposed to win won.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not waiting around for the over analysis by the media..........here are my "sure to be wrong" picks:

Wildcard Weekend
Texans over Bengals (it will be very close)
Colts over Ravens (this one could get surprisingly ugly)
Pack over Vikings (not as close at Lambeau)
Hawks over 'Skins (RGIII doesn't finish game)

Divisional Round
Pats over Texans (close until 3rd quarter)
Broncos over Colts (early Colts lead; Manning comeback)
Niners over Pack (nail biter early; we gash them in second half)
Hawks over Falcons (Falcons choke again)

NFC Championship,
Niners over Hawks (if we lose, it will involve missed FGs)

AFC Championship,
Pats over Broncos (Manning turnovers, furious comeback falls short)

Super Bowl
Pats over Niners (I hope I'm wrong; Pats beat any NFC team they face)

I'm bumping this thread back up heading into tomorrow.....

Wild Card Round: 3-1
Divisional Round: 2-2

Super Bowl picks still alive. Some of my comments have been fairly accurate. These were all done before any of the games started.

I think we'll win but I believe it will be much closer than last week. My FG comments stand.

I think the Pats demolish the Ravens. Hope I'm wrong but I think "the last ride" ends with a crash.

Can't wait until tomorrow.....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bumping this thread back up heading into tomorrow.....

Wild Card Round: 3-1
Divisional Round: 2-2

Super Bowl picks still alive. Some of my comments have been fairly accurate. These were all done before any of the games started.

I think we'll win but I believe it will be much closer than last week. My FG comments stand.

I think the Pats demolish the Ravens. Hope I'm wrong but I think "the last ride" ends with a crash.

Can't wait until tomorrow.....

Well, it was 3-1. 2-2... next comes 1-1, right? Let's hope you are right about our game and wrong about the AFC. If that happens, you HAVE to pick the Ravens for the SB because the next in the pattern is 0-1.

3-1, 2-2, 1-1, 0-1.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was 3-1. 2-2... next comes 1-1, right? Let's hope you are right about our game and wrong about the AFC. If that happens, you HAVE to pick the Ravens for the SB because the next in the pattern is 0-1.

3-1, 2-2, 1-1, 0-1.

I'd be totally fine with being wrong. My picks were based on how I thought it would go, not necessarily what I wanted. I don't pick the Niners just because I follow them. Giving Bill B two weeks to game plan is pretty lethal and they have to be pissed about losing the last two SBs they played in, especially the way it happened.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be totally fine with being wrong. My picks were based on how I thought it would go, not necessarily what I wanted. I don't pick the Niners just because I follow them. Giving Bill B two weeks to game plan is pretty lethal and they have to be pissed about losing the last two SBs they played in, especially the way it happened.

being pissed and being able to win THIS year's SB, are two different matters.