• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Hunt - 2021

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely Lance will play like a rookie......so so. Many fans are expecting too much from him right off.

Shannahan will TRY to keep the running game going to lessen his number of throws, we don't want Lance to throw picks. He can have a 'poor' passing percentage, but we don't want INT's first and foremost.
Unfortunately the only guy who seemed to run in the one game Lance started was Lance. The QB keepers that the 49ers were constantly calling were ridiculous

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the AZ game that Lance played in he did not have Kittle and Aiyuk was still in that mysterious funk where he could not get open. Will be interesting to see what he does with these two guys in the lineup and now performing as they should.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the AZ game that Lance played in he did not have Kittle and Aiyuk was still in that mysterious funk where he could not get open. Will be interesting to see what he does with these two guys in the lineup and now performing as they should.
We just all have to hope the reports of Lance doing really well in practice this past month are true and translate to on field results.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just all have to hope the reports of Lance doing really well in practice this past month are true and translate to on field results.
I give those reports no credence at all since they came from Shanahan and Lynch. I'm just hoping Lance has enough to beat one of the worst teams in the league at home.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately the only guy who seemed to run in the one game Lance started was Lance. The QB keepers that the 49ers were constantly calling were ridiculous
We shouldn't see the same kind of play-calling as Arizona.

As usual we'll try to establish the run game, stretch runs horizontally, and mix in counters. If Houston sells out to stop the run, go with play action or let Lance throw his best routes. Don't hold him back on the passing game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't see the same kind of play-calling as Arizona.

As usual we'll try to establish the run game, stretch runs horizontally, and mix in counters. If Houston sells out to stop the run, go with play action or let Lance throw his best routes. Don't hold him back on the passing game.
Agreed. Let him do what he does. We have no chance of winning a playoff game without Garoppolo anyway. Let Lance get his feet wet and hope he doesn’t get overmatched likehe was in Phoenix

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Let him do what he does. We have no chance of winning a playoff game without Garoppolo anyway. Let Lance get his feet wet and hope he doesn’t get overmatched likehe was in Phoenix
He's overmatched

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m stunned at how bad Lance is
Clearly the coaches haven't prepared him to play. I also hate throwing the ball on 4th and 1 with an inexperienced QB. One of three things can happen when you throw the ball and two of them aren't good I believe Woody Hayes said that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the coaches haven't prepared him to play. I also hate throwing the ball on 4th and 1 with an inexperienced QB. One of three things can happen when you throw the ball and two of them aren't good I believe Woody Hayes said that.
Those two 4th down plays were awful. I knew Lance would struggle throwing the ball but I didn’t realize what a poor runner he is

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Saints beat the Falcons and the 49ers lose to the Rams the Niners are out; even if the Eagles lose to Dallas. Strange scenario whereby they'd be tied with Philly and beat Philly head to head but Philly gets in over them.
This looks really bad

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Saints beat the Falcons and the 49ers lose to the Rams the Niners are out; even if the Eagles lose to Dallas. Strange scenario whereby they'd be tied with Philly and beat Philly head to head but Philly gets in over them.
This looks really bad
The 49ers played themselves into this situation, so if we don't win, then we don't deserve it. Unfortunate since this team DOES have enough play-off talent.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers played themselves into this situation, so if we don't win, then we don't deserve it. Unfortunate since this team DOES have enough play-off talent.
Not without Garoppolo. The Rams need to win in order to secure the division title so it will be all hands on deck for them against the Niners.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprisingly, fan expectation is way too high. You know Lance's history so are you surprised?
I am because I thought Shanahan was at least a competent talent evaluator. I knew he was a poor passer but I was shocked at how bad of a runner he is. Goes down with the first hit every time and has no elusiveness.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not without Garoppolo. The Rams need to win in order to secure the division title so it will be all hands on deck for them against the Niners.
Yes, the Rams won't sit starters and they're not the Texans. However, if Lance plays two halves like he did in the 2nd half, we have a decent chance.

It isn't ALL on Lance, we ran well against them in game 1, we'll need some of that again. If the Rams commit to stopping our run game, then LET Lance throw it.

Stafford isn't tearing it up right now, continue with the pressure.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the league switched to 17 games this year. The Niners would be in now as the 6 seed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am because I thought Shanahan was at least a competent talent evaluator. I knew he was a poor passer but I was shocked at how bad of a runner he is. Goes down with the first hit every time and has no elusiveness.
I don't like Shannahan's talent evaluation either if you're referring to past drafts? But using this on Lance right now, isn't right.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Rams won't sit starters and they're not the Texans. However, if Lance plays two halves like he did in the 2nd half, we have a decent chance.

It isn't ALL on Lance, we ran well against them in game 1, we'll need some of that again. If the Rams commit to stopping our run game, then LET Lance throw it.

Stafford isn't tearing it up right now, continue with the pressure.
That's true. They do seem to play their best games against the Rams. I wonder if they will flex this game to Sunday night.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Shannahan's talent evaluation either if you're referring to past drafts? But using this on Lance right now, isn't right.
Did you notice how long it takes lance to give the play and get the team up to the line? It leaves no room for changing the play at the line if he sees something he doesn't like. That will be death if he does that against a good team. I hope somehow Garoppolo can play next Sunday.