• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff chances

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas isn't making the playoffs so there's no reason to even include them. I would be most concerned about playing at Arizona. It's just been a house of horrors for us and they are physical. Next I'd say Seattle I guess. They're physical like Arizona and obviously know how to win. Next I'd say Green Bay simply because we can't seem to buy a win there either. I think they're soft though and we're actually built better for the weather that they are. Then Philly. I just think they are the worst team in the conversation. Atlanta isn't particularly scary and I don't think they'll make it anyway. Everyone is spanking NO in NO right now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're actually built better for the weather that they are.

Why do you think we are built better for the weather than Green Bay? Rodgers has played his entire career at Lambeau and has absolutely absurd numbers there. This year alone -- he has thrown 23 touchdowns and 0 interceptions at home.

I like how our run defense sets up in a game where teams would struggle to throw the ball, but as good as our defense has been against the run -- our run game on offense has been just as bad. Only Arizona ranks lower in YPG and YPC.

If Detroit and GB had a game at Lambeau where passing the ball would be extremely difficult -- the score may be 0-0 at the end of regulation.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think we are built better for the weather than Green Bay? Rodgers has played his entire career at Lambeau and has absolutely absurd numbers there. This year alone -- he has thrown 23 touchdowns and 0 interceptions at home.

I like how our run defense sets up in a game where teams would struggle to throw the ball, but as good as our defense has been against the run -- our run game on offense has been just as bad. Only Arizona ranks lower in YPG and YPC.

If Detroit and GB had a game at Lambeau where passing the ball would be extremely difficult -- the score may be 0-0 at the end of regulation.

He said built better for the weather then Philly, not GB. I'm assuming it's bc they have a high octane, fast moving offense. But I think their running game is better then earlier in the year. And we all saw who was built better for the weather last year when we squared off.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather have Philly then GB on the road......Sanchez or Rodgers.....I'll take Sanchez with our front 4.....Much rather go to Philly then Lambeau, but Hey, if we win out Teams have to come to FORD Field and this conversation is moot.

Time to put up or shut up.....Win out and make these teams come too us.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said built better for the weather then Philly, not GB. I'm assuming it's bc they have a high octane, fast moving offense. But I think their running game is better then earlier in the year. And we all saw who was built better for the weather last year when we squared off.

Ahhh -- that makes more sense. I misread what he was trying to say. As far as facing off with Philly -- I'd be fine with facing Sanchez at home or the road.

I'm not too worried about what happened last year with Philly, as you don't have full on blizzards very often in the NFL. With a different defensive coordinator and scheme -- I like our chances against the Eagles on the road or at home. (Obviously, more at home)

I think the last game of the year will be very telling to how far the Lions have come. It will be a playoff atmosphere in Green Bay, if the division is on the line. I'm excited to see how they perform in a game with so much meaning. It will also give them some "playoff type" experience, even though the game most likely won't be win or go home for the season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we win out Teams have to come to FORD Field and this CONVERSATION is moot.

Can you imagine how loud Ford Field would be if the Lions held a playoff game there? WOW. It would be absolutely deafening when the other team had the ball.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how loud Ford Field would be if the Lions held a playoff game there? WOW. It would be absolutely deafening when the other team had the ball.

Like MNF against Da Bears.

And Im Fairley LeShoure Bishop was saying GB is soft and not built for weather as well as Detroit.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are better equipped because of defense, in particular stopping the run. Regardless of how much everyone wants to suck off Aaron Rodgers, the colder it gets the harder it is to throw, even for him. Obviously our O will have to deal with the cold too and their offense has been far and away better than ours running and passing but the way we handled their O last time coupled with the weather, I think its a more even match up than most do.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just playing around with the playoff machine again. And if the Lions beat CHI and MIN it is not automatic for the playoffs. We can go 2-1 and miss the playoffs if DAL and PHI tie and then both win out.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just playing around with the playoff machine again. And if the Lions beat CHI and MIN it is not automatic for the playoffs. We can go 2-1 and miss the playoffs if DAL and PHI tie and then both win out.

lee-corso1.jpg