• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chances That Anybody But.... Wins the 2021 Natty

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest unknown for the Buckeyes is QB. This is the first season since the early 50's that Ohio State will start a season with QB's on the roster that have no game experience at all.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree. Much more worried about the LBs. Losing all three starting linebackers plus the number one backup is going to rough.

The QB room is loaded, the Wr core is ridiculous and Ryan Day is still our coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to respectfully disagree. Much more worried about the LBs. Losing all three starting linebackers plus the number one backup is going to rough.

The QB room is loaded, the Wr core is ridiculous and Ryan Day is still our coach.

Damn all 3 starting LB's? Didn't realize that. Hopefully the next set of LB's are ready to step in & be productive. And good point about the wr core. They will definitely help with the inexperience at QB.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn all 3 starting LB's? Didn't realize that. Hopefully the next set of LB's are ready to step in & be productive. And good point about the wr core. They will definitely help with the inexperience at QB.
I’m certain the talent is there at LB. The big challenge is leadership, signal-calling, snd getting guys in the right spots.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m certain the talent is there at LB. The big challenge is leadership, signal-calling, snd getting guys in the right spots.

Ohio State's on a short list of teams that really doesn't rebuild, they reload. But nobody does that better than your Tide.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's on a short list of teams that really doesn't rebuild, they reload. But nobody does that better than your Tide.
Ohio State and Clemson are right there as well.

I just know when we have a lot of new faces at LB and especially DB, no matter how talented, it takes time to gel and become a strong working unit. DL is an area newbies can come in and much more easily contribute from day 1, at least in our system.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely turned it around last season...

That gutless turd wouldn't play Ohio State last year. The Buckeyes played a game missing 20+ players and the HC. It's funny that JH is without a doubt the most overrated/overhyped CFB coach in decades. Hell, maybe ever.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" I think Ohio State takes a step backwards this year"

You spelled hope wrong.

Maybe you’re right. So are you thinking they are in the national championship game again this year? Anything less would technically be a step back, no. :noidea:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you’re right. So are you thinking they are in the national championship game again this year? Anything less would technically be a step back, no. :noidea:

:pound:

Only you are thinking that anything less than another title game trip is a step back. Like I mentioned in a previous comment for the first time since the early 50's they enter a season having no QB's on the roster with CFB playing experience. Add in that the Buckeyes lost all 3 starting LB's and those are too many holes to have to be any type of playoff contender preseason.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Only you are thinking that anything less than another title game trip is a step back. Like I mentioned in a previous comment for the first time since the early 50's they enter a season having no QB's on the roster with CFB playing experience. Add in that the Buckeyes lost all 3 starting LB's and those are too many holes to have to be any type of playoff contender preseason.

So with all that going against them, you don’t think they will take a step backwards from last season? I’m confused :scratch: (not the first time I’ve been confused)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with all that going against them, you don’t think they will take a step backwards from last season? I’m confused :scratch: (not the first time I’ve been confused)

Expectations this year aren't the same as last. Don't feel like looking any info up right now. If I remember correctly last year Ohio State was preseason # 2. This year I think it's # 6.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations this year aren't the same as last. Don't feel like looking any info up right now. If I remember correctly last year Ohio State was preseason # 2. This year I think it's # 6.

Who said anything about expectations about last year? I think we both agree with my original statement...Ohio State will take a step backwards next year. It happens with every great program.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about expectations about last year? I think we both agree with my original statement...Ohio State will take a step backwards next year. It happens with every great program.

Well I expect that. I'd be shocked if they go through the regular season undefeated. But I think they'll have the enough talent to win the division and conference again.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I expect that. I'd be shocked if they go through the regular season undefeated. But I think they'll have the enough talent to win the division and conference again.
You know that is EXACTLY what I said in my original post, right?