• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff chances

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're programmed, I"m telling you to stop. I figure it's a win/win. I can come here and tell you guys to STFU and you can benefit from it :)

Don't be so worried about the future you don't enjoy today. Things happen. Even though we bowed out early last year, I can say the last month of the season was some of the most exciting football i've been able to sit back and enjoy. This year is looking to be the same. We all want Super Bowls, but if you can't appreciate the competition and the game, what good is it? There's a month of very good football that's just started and everything means something. Enjoy it

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're programmed, I"m telling you to stop. I figure it's a win/win. I can come here and tell you guys to STFU and you can benefit from it :)

Don't be so worried about the future you don't enjoy today. Things happen. Even though we bowed out early last year, I can say the last month of the season was some of the most exciting football i've been able to sit back and enjoy. This year is looking to be the same. We all want Super Bowls, but if you can't appreciate the competition and the game, what good is it? There's a month of very good football that's just started and everything means something. Enjoy it

:llama:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mondio, I know you're trying to help and all, and you're welcome to hang around if you want. But if I were you, I'd leave immediately. You've wandered into Mordor. There are turrible things lurking here. Have you heard of the realists? They are incapable of enjoying anything. And they are super cereal. And they will eat you alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not in a Lions fan's DNA to just enjoy the moment. We've been disappointed so many times, we are programmed to expect the worst.

Unfortunately -- with 1 playoff win in 50 years -- that is what happens. I wish I could have the conscience of a NFL CB, but I, and many others, do not. If Detroit can string together some successful years and a playoff win here and there -- I think it would help tremendously with the psyche of the Lions fan.

Mondio,

Please note that while he's lumping us all in a group under his personal thoughts, we aren't all raging pessimists.

There's actually a pretty big rift on the board between those who insist on living in the past and being miserable, and those of us who realize each season is a new entity and last year's results don't count for shit in the playoff race right now.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mondio, I know you're trying to help and all, and you're welcome to hang around if you want. But if I were you, I'd leave immediately. You've wandered into Mordor. There are turrible things lurking here. Have you heard of the realists? They are incapable of enjoying anything. And they are super cereal. And they will eat you alive.

I am the realist fucker on here and I enjoy everything.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be enjoying this years success a lot more if Suh had been resigned in the off season like the Lions originally said they planned to do. My own fault for believing Mayhew and LewAAnd.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say the Lions do make the playoffs, which first round matchup would worry you most? GB? Philly? Some other team?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say the Lions do make the playoffs, which first round matchup would worry you most? GB? Philly? Some other team?

I would let the other teams' fans worry about the Lions.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want to play games in Seattle, GB, or Philly, in that order.

I would most want to play in Dallas, other than Detroit, obviously. I'd rather play in Dallas before I'd want to play in New Orleans, but with the South winner being 4 seed and West runner up being 5 seed we won't have to worry about that.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want to play games in Seattle, GB, or Philly, in that order.

I would most want to play in Dallas, other than Detroit, obviously. I'd rather play in Dallas before I'd want to play in New Orleans, but with the South winner being 4 seed and West runner up being 5 seed we won't have to worry about that.

@ philly, @ seattle, bye are the most likely options (in that order) for Detroit if they make the playoffs.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ philly, @ seattle, bye are the most likely options (in that order) for Detroit if they make the playoffs.

I think Seattle wins their last 3, moving Arizona down, GB beats us, and Philly wins their division.

IMO the most likely matchup is in Philly(if my projections are correct with them as 3), which would suck, or Arizona, which I'd prefer that rematch.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I'm confusing myself now lol.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think I dumped the Redskins almost 20 years ago to suffer as a Lions fan would possibly pay dividends down the road. Who knew?

Even after 0-16 I would not want to be part of the other debacle going on in Washington.

That's a coincidence... so did I, but it was in the championship game and it wasn't intentional. I suddenly realized I was rooting for the Lions over the Skins after being a Skins fan for 25 years. I blame Barry. I grew up there and had season tix for several years. It's such a dumpster fire there now. I feel sorry for their fans. They have a great fan base but who wants to watch that garbage ? I heard tickets are going for $5 on the secondary market.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please note that while he's lumping us all in a group under his personal thoughts, we aren't all raging pessimists.

There's actually a pretty big rift on the BOARD between those who insist on living in the past and being miserable, and those of us who realize each season is a new entity and last year's results don't count for shit in the playoff race right now.

I so want to respond to this. I will bite my tongue though and only say one thing. The "rift" has nothing to do with the Lions of the past or present.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say the Lions do make the playoffs, which FIRST ROUND matchup would worry you most? GB? Philly? Some other team?

There are two teams in the NFC I would hate to have to play at any point in the playoffs. GB at Lambeau and Seattle, pretty much, anywhere right now.

Green Bay is an absolute machine at home. In the past 2 years or something ridiculous -- Rodgers has like 35 tds and 0 interceptions in home games. I'm sure Mondio knows the exact stats. I'm fine with playing them in Detroit if we had to.

Seattle has figured out whatever the reason was for the SB hangover to start the year. They have looked extremely tough. They have faced a damn tough schedule too, with GB, Denver, San Diego and KC to go with 2 games a piece against Arizona, SF and St Louis. They are the defending champs, so they know what it takes to win at the highest level.

To get to the SB though -- Detroit will have to play one or both of those teams. Worst case scenario -- Detroit gets some experience if they can win a game in the playoffs and have to go on the road to play one of these teams.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Lions match up real well vs Seattle. If we go to Philly I'll be smoking a lot of electronic cigarettes.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle wins their last 3, moving Arizona down, GB beats us, and Philly wins their division.

IMO the most likely matchup is in Philly(if my projections are correct with them as 3), which would suck, or Arizona, which I'd prefer that rematch.

If that plays out, we are likely the 6th seed playing @ PHI. With @ GB if we win (them being the #1 seed and us being 6) , and then most likely @ SEA (them being the 2 playing at home vs winner of ATL and ARI) if we beat PHI and GB in their own houses.

That is one hell of a road to the superbowl!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id prefer we play at Carolina again, if we get a road game.

Dallas and Philly being my second and third choices. With Atlanta and NO at four and five. AZ, Seatle and GB rounding out my top 8.

With AZ and Dallas as my top two choices for opponents if we were to win the division somehow.