• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing Head Coach: Denver at Detroit

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed -- maybe cake was a bit much. If you are going to open the season on the road with two games -- facing 2 teams who combined for 7 wins total the year before and didn't bring in any big upgrades in the offseason is about as good as it gets.

I do agree -- anyone can go from the basement to the playoffs, but usually that is done with a coaching change, some sort of a major addition to the team either with a rookie or free agent and a lot of bounces to go your way. :)

Dolpfans know Miami's schedule only gets harder with the Bills, Jets and Pats on the horizon.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolpfans know Miami's schedule only gets harder with the Bills, Jets and Pats on the horizon.

Remember I told you that I didnt think the Dolphins could beat the Jets or Bills?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember I told you that I didnt think the Dolphins could beat the Jets or Bills?

Yes. I remember most posters here picking them to finish 4th in the East. I still like Miami finishing 2nd. Bills and Jets have great defenses but lack the QB play to sustain success over a 17 week season IMO

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I remember most posters here picking them to finish 4th in the East. I still like Miami finishing 2nd. Bills and Jets have great defenses but lack the QB play to sustain success over a 17 week season IMO

Yeah -- after New England, you could have any of the other 3 finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th and it wouldn't surprise me. The only chance someone in that division has to win it is if the NFL somehow fast tracks their appeal on the Tom Brady hearing and get him suspended for 4 games.

Same can be said in the NFC North too. Though I think Green Bay could lose Rogers and still win the division.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'd be tough for it not to get tougher after the 1st 6 weeks. They aren't exactly facing a who's who of NFL QB's to start the year -- Cousins, Bortles, Fitzpatrick, Taylor, Mariotta and Mallett. It is why I said Miami would be the #1 rated defense at the midway point. It actually stretches even further after the Pats, as Dallas most likely won't have Romo in week 10 unless he heals quicker than expected and Philly looks horrendous with Bradford at QB.

The last 5 weeks of the season though -- it is going to be a rough stretch. Facing Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco. The good part is -- 4 of the 5 games they play in Miami.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 5 weeks of the season though -- it is going to be a rough stretch. Facing Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco. The good part is -- 4 of the 5 games they play in Miami.

Exciting stuff. Those are the games Suh is getting paid to win.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part of tLions Board, the breakdown of the Dolphins schedule.

Saves me so much time not having to jump around from team board to team board.

We're the one stop shop of SportsHoopla football discussions.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I just hope upper management doesn't give Mayhew a free pass on this season because of injuries.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting stuff. Those are the games Suh is getting paid to win.

He was paid to win those type of games in Detroit too. We all know how that turned out. Hopefully he has more success with Miami.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I just hope upper management doesn't give Mayhew a free pass on this season because of injuries.

While I'd love to see Mayhew go -- the guy I'd like to see go first is Lombardi. He has turned an offense who carried the team for a quite a while with only one viable receiving option (Calvin Johnson) and turned it into a clusterf*ck -- Even though they have added Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, Abdullah, Tomlinson, Warford, Swanson, etc.

We are one of only 4 teams that hasn't completed a pass 20 yards downfield (20 yards in the air). How do you not attack downfield with the type of weapons they have on offense? It is inexcusable.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'd love to see Mayhew go -- the guy I'd like to see go first is Lombardi.

Who is plan B? Lombardi is only here because the guys we asked to be OC before him said no.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was paid to win those type of games in Detroit too. We all know how that turned out. Hopefully he has more success with Miami.

So are Stafford and Calvin, far less impactful players lately,

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is plan B? Lombardi is only here because the guys we asked to be OC before him said no.

Any who knows how to get an offense, especially the offensive line, on the same page. I don't care who. When you turn Stafford into Trent Dilfer and Calvin Johnson into Brandon Pettigrew -- anything would be better.

We have a head coach who wants to run the ball, yet we can't open any holes and don't have a RB who can carry the load. We have an OC who wants to make his offense so complex, his own players don't even understand what they are supposed to do.

It is ridiculous to spend a top 10 pick on a TE, yet refuse to throw the ball downfield to him. We are paying a WR 20 million a year and he has 11 catches for 85 yards (don't remember exactly what it was). Our 2nd WR went to the pro bowl last year, yet the offense has been a liability.

It is beyond frustrating to watch.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are Stafford and Calvin, far less impactful players lately,

Agreed on Calvin and Stafford getting paid like Suh. As far as impactful lately -- none of the three have had any type of impact this year, other than a negative impact. Stafford looked better in week 2, but struggled in week 1. Calvin turned into a possession receiver and Suh is still trying to figure out his role in his new defense.

All three have underperformed this year