• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing Head Coach: Denver at Detroit

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy was average before Schwartz put the best Dline in football in front of him. Now only Ansah remains. You said yourself that one guy doesn't make a defense. So using that logic, how much better will the defense be with Levy?

Obviously nothing 1st like last season.

Go away -- if you want to talk about the upcoming game -- I'm all for it. If not, I will continue to respond the same way to you. Go away.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not practicing on a Wednesday means not playing? Since when?

Anyone else want to discuss Levy being out for his third straight game?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away -- if you want to talk about the upcoming game -- I'm all for it. If not, I will continue to respond the same way to you. Go away.

Denver will destroy the Lions, with or without Levy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy didnt practice either, does that mean he is out too?

Maybe. But he played last week. Levy hasn't practiced in weeks. Do you think Levy will play Sunday?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But he played last week. Levy hasn't practiced in weeks. Do you think Levy will play Sunday?

TBH, I can not tell. Looks like 50-50 chance. I think Ziggy will be out there though unless he has some sort of setback in the next couple of days.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I can not tell. Looks like 50-50 chance. I think Ziggy will be out there though unless he has some sort of setback in the next couple of days.

I don't know what you're getting so riled up about. I can't wait for Levy to return. I just don't think it will be for awhile, he's gonna need a few full practices before testing that hip vs game speed in a real game.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you're getting so riled up about. I can't wait for Levy to return. I just don't think it will be for awhile, he's gonna need a few full practices before testing that hip vs game speed in a real game.

You are probably right. Except for the riled up part. Not sure why you read it that way. Just thought it was a little early in the week to start ruling guys out for missing a practice. More about Ziggy then Levy. Levy does not even know when he is going to be back so how will anyone else be able to know. If he does not practice tomorrow then it is more likely he does not play. Obviously if he misses Friday as well, then he will be a no go.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't figure out how to defend the middle of the field -- he will absolutely torch us.
And Owen Daniels hasn't done shit this year but each TE that has faced us has had good games. I hope that trend doesn't continue this Sunday night.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is not much reason to worry about a deep ball. Manning just does not have the arm strength any more.
I thought this too until I saw him put a ball on the money to Sanders last week. His arm is definitely not the same, but he can still launch it if he has time. Let's hope Austin has a plan to not allow that time to throw. :hope:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this too until I saw him put a ball on the money to Sanders last week. His arm is definitely not the same, but he can still launch it if he has time. Let's hope Austin has a plan to not allow that time to throw. :hope:

The blueprint on how to beat Peyton Manning is out. You gotta get pressure with your front 4, hitting him early and often. Eventually he'll then turn the ball over with errant passes. But you've got to have the personal to do this. Otherwise he drops 4 or 5 TDs on you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Owen Daniels hasn't done shit this year but each TE that has faced us has had good games. I hope that trend doesn't continue this Sunday night.

Yeah -- any TE facing us is subject to a good game, as our LB'ers struggle in coverage without Levy out there. I was talking more about crossing routes from the WR's though. That is what killed us in SD. As soon as Rivers read the defense playing zone -- one of the WR's was running a crossing route and they absolutely torched Detroit with that play.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will destroy the Lions, with or without Levy.

Sounds good. No reason for you to be in this thread, as you know the outcome already. So go troll elsewhere.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. No reason for you to be in this thread, as you know the outcome already. So go troll elsewhere.

I will leave this thread for you to update. I'm going to take a break from the Lions board for a little while. Best of luck on the wager and take care of those little guys!!

Wow, you lasted 3 whole days. I guess you can't stay away, the next best thing is to tell me to leave?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- any TE facing us is subject to a good game, as our LB'ers struggle in coverage without Levy out there. I was talking more about crossing routes from the WR's though. That is what killed us in SD. As soon as Rivers read the defense playing zone -- one of the WR's was running a crossing route and they absolutely torched Detroit with that play.

This will probably plague the Lions all year. Tulloch and Mathis can't cover anyone anymore. The front four can't generate the pressure needed to create bad throws. It's literally pitch and catch.

Maybe they'll move Levy to MLB next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you lasted 3 whole days. I guess you can't stay away, the next best thing is to tell me to leave?

I will talk about the Lions. Our wager is still on, I'm just not updating the thread. If you haven't noticed -- I've steered clear of any thread where the pointless bickering is going on. I'm not going to waste my time with it.

You have plenty of people you can troll -- I just won't be one of them. Best of luck on the bet and take care of those little guys.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will talk about the Lions. Our wager is still on, I'm just not updating the thread. If you haven't noticed -- I've steered clear of any thread where the pointless bickering is going on. I'm not going to waste my time with it.

You have plenty of people you can troll -- I just won't be one of them. Best of luck on the bet and take care of those little guys.

I just asked you how improved the defense will be with Levy, since it's absent at every level without him (and Suh).

Maybe 2 guys make a defense?

That's football talk.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just asked you how improved the defense will be with Levy, since it's absent at every level without him (and Suh).

Maybe 2 guys make a defense?

That's football talk.

Replacing your 2 best players will take its toll. Combined with 1 of your corners regressing and you have a loss at each level. Even if they are replaced by decent players, it will have a big effect in total because each part of the unit is weakened some. There is also a noticeable decline in both Tulloch and J Jones too. They may be injury related and clear up in the 2nd half of the season, but that may be too late.

There is a lot more going on with the defense then most have observed that's for sure.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing your 2 best players will take its toll. Combined with 1 of your corners regressing and you have a loss at each level. Even if they are replaced by decent players, it will have a big effect in total because each part of the unit is weakened some. There is also a noticeable decline in both Tulloch and J Jones too. They may be injury related and clear up in the 2nd half of the season, but that may be too late.

There is a lot more going on with the defense then most have observed that's for sure.

Hey man, I was yelling for Tulloch and Mathis to be let go. Jones too. Suh masked all their weaknesses. Levy prob did too.

Slay could be good and we will never know without a pass rush, he can't cover guys forever.