• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing Head Coach: Denver at Detroit

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were terrible the first week.. But I think Tulloch has improved a bit last week.. He's just not good in pass coverage and we need Levy ASAP.. It is what it is with him..

Yeah -- he was better than week 1, but he had nowhere to go but up. When a QB completes 10 out of 10 targets on players you are covering -- you have to improve somehow. :)

The bad thing is -- none of the Lions LB's can cover. Levy is it. He cannot get back soon enough. Bad thing is -- with it being a hip injury -- I'm sure it is going to hamper him from getting into football shape.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's somewhat the fault of Austin for putting Tulloch in that position.. He has never really been a coverage LB and having him guard TEs was an obvious mistake..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's somewhat the fault of Austin for putting Tulloch in that position.. He has never really been a coverage LB and having him guard TEs was an obvious mistake..

I'm guessing Tulloch was probably the best option available. I'm thinking alot of the targets were the crossing routes too, so it had to do with SD's play calling. Once SD saw we couldn't cover the crossing route -- they just ran it to death.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have the personal to beat a winning team like Denver, scheme doesn't matter. Their D is going to rock our QB all game long. Look for Emmanuel Sanders to have a huge game.

Sanders IMO gets the game ball. Slay may not contain DT all game, but I'm sure whoever covers Sanders is in for a long night.

A lot rides on if Kubes give Manning free reign or not. He is trying to get a ground game going so badly, he has almost lost the first two instead of win them. He lets Manning make his calls from shotgun all night it could get ugly.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos ground game has sucked. This may be a litmus test as to how the Lions stand on the rush defense. CJ Anderson has struggled. So if he goes off, it will tell me a lot going forward. I'm curious to see how he does. Bad part IMO is you shut down the ground game and then face Manning all night.

On pass defense it has been the short stuff that has killed the Lions. Manning is having issues with deeper throws but seems to be fine on short to intermediate routes.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have Matt Stafford line up in shotgun formation about 20 yards behind center, snap it, wait 3 seconds to see who ran the furthest down field and throw it to that guy... Oh, and wrap him in bubble wrap because 3 seconds probably won't be long enough.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about the wrong QB to face when you are having issues with your LB's being able to cover anyone. We just have to hope we get pressure on him before he has the chance to pick us apart. If we make him throw outside -- I like our chances. If the middle of the field is wide open -- it will be a long day.

Exactly. Im sure he's licking his chops . They probably wont even run much until they grab a lead. This is where Caldwell goes super conservative to try and keep it from Manning.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders IMO gets the game ball. Slay may not contain DT all game, but I'm sure whoever covers Sanders is in for a long night.

A lot rides on if Kubes give Manning free reign or not. He is trying to get a ground game going so badly, he has almost lost the first two instead of win them. He lets Manning make his calls from shotgun all night it could get ugly.

I think Thomas has a huge day.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Denver is going to come right in and go to the air and try to get a fast start. They know the Lions will have some energy playing at home and Im guessing they go right after our LBs and Mathis.

On defense l, Im guessing they bring a lot of pressure early and dare the Lions to throw the ball. They wont worry about Bell or Abdullah.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wont worry about Bell or Abdullah.

It is sad to say, but there is no reason to worry about Bell or Abdullah. Defenses will gladly let the Lions run up the middle for 2 or 3 yards and dump it off to the RB out of the backfield, if that means they take away the big play.

Until the OL consistently opens holes for the RB -- teams are just going to do exactly like we've watched for the last couple years. Put the safeties 20+ yards off the line of scrimmage. Stop the run with the minimum in the box and force the Lions to show them they prove can dink and dump the ball down the field without getting in their own way.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pass defense it has been the short stuff that has killed the Lions. Manning is having issues with deeper throws but seems to be fine on short to intermediate routes.
Yep. That is what scares me about Manning. If we don't figure out how to defend the middle of the field -- he will absolutely torch us. Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryus Thomas are lights years better than Keenan Allen and Stevie Johnson. Manning is well, Manning.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a litmus test as to how the Lions stand on the rush defense. CJ Anderson has struggled. So if he goes off, it will tell me a lot going forward.

I agree with a lot of this, but I want to see how the defense looks when Levy is back. That is the guy I want to see on defense before passing judgement on them. Suh got the individual accolades (and rightfully so, as he was a great last year at DT) -- Levy was the guy who did the most for the defense. He led the team in tackles with 151 (2nd in the NFL), he led the team in run stuffs with 16, he was our best cover LB'er.

It doesn't matter if a DT is eating double teams if they don't have a player like Levy to make plays in space. Whitehead is alright, but is nowhere near Levy level. I think that is the biggest issue for Miami right now. Suh is sitll eating the double teams, but they don't have a LB'er to fill Levy's role (which the Lions don't have right now either) -- so both teams are struggling defensively (Detroit much more so than Miami).

I want to say -- I am only speaking my opinion. This isn't a fact. Forget to say IMO.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That is what scares me about Manning. If we don't figure out how to defend the middle of the field -- he will absolutely torch us. Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryus Thomas are lights years better than Keenan Allen and Stevie Johnson. Manning is well, Manning.

I think in this case if we bunch everyone up in the middle more there is a chance because there is not much reason to worry about a deep ball. Manning just does not have the arm strength any more. I would keep everyone up and in.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of this, but I want to see how the defense looks when Levy is back. That is the guy I want to see on defense before passing judgement on them. Suh got the individual accolades (and rightfully so, as he was a great last year at DT) -- Levy was the guy who did the most for the defense. He led the team in tackles with 151 (2nd in the NFL), he led the team in run stuffs with 16, he was our best cover LB'er.

It doesn't matter if a DT is eating double teams if they don't have a player like Levy to make plays in space. Whitehead is alright, but is nowhere near Levy level. I think that is the biggest issue for Miami right now. Suh is sitll eating the double teams, but they don't have a LB'er to fill Levy's role (which the Lions don't have right now either) -- so both teams are struggling defensively (Detroit much more so than Miami).

I want to say -- I am only speaking my opinion. This isn't a fact. Forget to say IMO.

I understand you why you want to wait until Levy is back. The fact nobody is really speaking on a time table, I'm going to ASSume as if he is gone all year. If and when he comes back, we'll all see rather quickly if him being back is making a difference. I did see a article headline about Levy possibly being ready or close??? It was a BR report and sometimes I just can't read them crack pot articles.

The part I'm hating most about Levy being out is Van Noy is missing valuable reps within the grand scheme of things.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of this, but I want to see how the defense looks when Levy is back. That is the guy I want to see on defense before passing judgement on them.

I thought you believed that one guy doesn't make the defense?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you believed that one guy doesn't make the defense?

Go away -- we are trying to have a real discussion about football. If you want to argue -- go to the thread and argue with TP.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away -- we are trying to have a real discussion about football. If you want to argue -- go to the thread and argue with TP.

Levy was average before Schwartz put the best Dline in football in front of him. Now only Ansah remains. You said yourself that one guy doesn't make a defense. So using that logic, how much better will the defense be with Levy?

Obviously nothing 1st like last season.