• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pile it on. I deserve it.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The NFLPA player's agreement is the gold standard here for better or for worse. It was agreed to by both the NFL and the players. The agreement clearly endows the commish with the authority to suspend players for conduct detrimental to the game, and to also hear the appeal. It also clearly states that the evidence does not have to be "beyond reasonable doubt", but rather just to the level of "more probable than not". One can always petition a court, and anything can happen, but at the end of the day, Brady doesn't have a case.

2. Its fair to think that Brady is getting screwed hear as the case was not adjudicated by a neutral party and the guilt was not established beyond reasonable doubt. But that is the process that was agreed to. Have issue with it? Take it up in the next round of union negotiations. But for now, the agreement is the agreement.

3. It's important to remember that Brady is not being sent to jail here, and not even losing his job. He is taking a one month suspension from his job. He still has his $15M a year job and his supermodel wife, and several (maybe hundreds of) million dollars in the bank. He will most likely take his punishment in the form of an extended tropical vacation. This is not a life changing or career threatening event in the life of Brady.

4. Its important to remember that despite a tenuous link to Brady directing the details of the operation, that there is substantial evidence that these balls were tampered with in a very deliberate and premeditated way that could impact the competitiveness of a NFL playoff game. Nothing means more to the league than the appearance of fair and competitive play.

5. I do empathize with Brady deciding to destroy his cell phone. Its his private property and social conversation log, and regardless of what is on there, he is not obligated to share it with an investigation. But please, just man up and say that. You look like a fool weaseling around that. I would bet though that the contents of that phone could have been very interesting on many, many different levels. Much better to destroy the evidence and leave some doubt than to turn it over and have none.

6. His statement defies all standard of passing the BS meter. If you want the public to back you even a little, craft a response that at least seems a little more plausible. I am sure you could find a friendly venue for a national interview where you can tell your side, but it has to be better than what you got. Try something along this line. "Yeah, I like softer balls, and I routinely instructed the equipment guys to prepare them as such, and rewarded them for a job well done. But I was as shocked as anyone to discover the lengths they were going to and that they were breaking league rules. As far as my cell phone, its my personal one, and I have the right to protect the privacy of myself, my wife and my friends...not just for me, but in setting a precedent for other players."

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does a 4 game suspension go 5 games?

i guess you did rock math, it happens.

seen this movie before...

2-2 or 3-1 at best.
Happens after a long day... 1-3 is a good possibility. But I could go for 2-2.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great reply deerpathdave. Agree for the most part. I like your idea in # 6. Brady should just air his side & at the same time at least take some of the responsibility. He could say something along the lines of "perhaps I should have let everyone know earlier about how I disposed of phones & even though I am not in agreement w/ everything I will accept my punishment moving forward".

IMO - this would be a huge PR coup for Brady. Instead he & his owner are basically setting up the Pats to be one of the most hated teams in sports (even though they just won the SB). At some pt in time you have to let things go even if you are right in some of this. Time for these guys to grow up a little & stop acting like they know more than anyone on the planet.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does New England benefit from this? Easy. A sequence of events:

1. Jimmie Garaffalo gets a 4-game audition and finds out he is not the answer at QB.

2. Bill Belichick, now realizing he will eventually need a placement for Brady, gets in touch with the unsigned Russell Wilon's agent. Meanwhile, without Browner and Revis in their backfield, New England bumbles their way to an 8-8 season and their fans get impateint. Could Brady's suddden inability to tamper with the football be the reason for his ineffectiveness? A question mark emerges in the minds of New England fans.

3. Bill continues to negotiate with Russell Wilson's agent. Tampering incurs, but let's not worry about that because - it's part of THE PATRIOT WAY.

4. Seattle, unwilling to put the franchise tag on still un-signed Wilson, for 2016 (and pay him $27 million for one season), begins looking for a trade partner.

5. The Patriots, having already prepated for this, are way out in front of the other team's vying for Wilson's services, and pounce immediately.

6. Wilson gets traded to New England (for New England's #1 draft pick in 2017, Jonas Gray and Brandon LaFell) prior to the begining of the 2016 and Brady gets put out to pasture. Kraft can now jusitfy the change in QB to the public because of Tom's inefffectiveness in 2015. And because of the fallout from Brady's supension, Brady cannot challenge Kraft's decision to cut ties with him).

In the end, the Patriots always win. Cheaters are difficult to beat.