• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

phils trade rumor thread

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since there are 3 days left and the rumors change every hour.. might as well lump them together.

- Closer Jonathan Papelbon is dissatisfied with the Phillies' current direction, MLB.com's Todd Zalecki reports. In the midst of an eight-game losing streak, Philadelphia has fallen to seven games below .500, and that's not what Papelbon anticipated when he signed with the Phils. "I definitely didn't come here for this," he said. Papelbon also isn't optimistic about the Phillies' future. "Oh man," he said. "We could be here all day." Papelbon is of the opinion that the Phillies need to undergo an overhaul, similar to that of his former team, the Red Sox (whose overhaul, ironically, included losing Papelbon to free agency). Papelbon says he does not want to be traded, but adds that he does not want to stay in Philadelphia if his team continues on the same path.

- Gelb also tweeted that Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins indicated he is not willing to waive his no-trade clause, if asked.

- There is no indication the Phillies are aggressively taking offers for Chase Utley in the event a contract extension cannot be reached, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.

good for papelbon. even though he's a tool, he does talk the truth. and hopefully, that truth gets him out of here within the next few days. or maybe it wakes up amaro to the point he listens. or maybe he trades him and listens (we can dream.) he seems to be the only one who tries to speak up though, so if he goes, we lose that.

rollins is a little prick. fucking bitch doesn't want to be traded because he wants to break and lead a few phillies records.. saying "until those things are done, i'm not going anywhere." they should bench the fuck out of him just for that. you would have expected him to talk about winning, helping the next guy who will replace him, changing things around. nope. just records for himself.

but then again, amaro is the real one to blame for signing him. i'm just glad he only has 1 year left, unless the phils screw that up. there is a vesting option for 2015. rollins needs 600 plate apperances in 2014.. or 1100 in 2013/2014 to trigger it. he has 436 of the 1100 so far this season. hopefully, he's continually pulled and rested as the season goes along. but then again, all it takes is one minor injury to derail that stat.

it's bad enough they are trying to extend chase.. but if you can't do it before the deadline, there's no excuse to not trade him. no excuse at all. he's not a 20 something year old. if you deal him, 10 teams won't be offering him a contract as soon as the season ends. they'd have plenty of time to re-sign him if they want. so why the hell would you not take a top prospect or some players in return? that's a disaster.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way of getting anything for Delmon Young? I haven't seen anything on him but he is also a free agent after this year. Apparently Amaro was the only person who thinks he has value? Also, with Utley if there is any thought of bringing him back you have to get something decent for him, otherwise you can just make an offer and if he goes somewhere else you get a draft pick.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just saying...what if amaro does nothing or maybe he picks up a veteran relief pitcher and another spare part for the outfield?

Why? Why do that?

If trading away the vets isn't going to happen, then do nothing and let Young, Young, Utley, and Ruiz walk at the end of the season. But, dear lord, do not sign them.

At least move Papelbon just to drop the $12+ million from the payroll.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...I thought most of Phils fans consensus was that you guys liked Rollins? I never knew he only wanted to chase records

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did some great things here but unless you know the guy personally, as fans our ultimate loyalty is for the team more than the individual players. For a guy in his 30's that hasn't hit all year, that was a dumb statement to make. I didn't see the exact context but I can't imagine how he would think he could say that and think the fans would be thrilled. Especially since a lot of those records are held by Mike Schmidt, a guy who retired in the middle of the season because he felt he wasn't helping the team any more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we all know something must be done but we also know how timid brain-dead is. This is not a good mix and it is only going to create a locker room rift that may have no end. 8 games and counting. This could get real ugly pretty damn quick.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JRol is still an excellent ss so he won't be traded. A .259 hitter so far, the bum slumped to .244 in July.

pghkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, you do know that Gillick is still advising Amaro on trades and the future of the team. Everyone seems intent on ripping Amaro apart when Gillick still has his hands on decisions here.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, you do know that Gillick is still advising Amaro on trades and the future of the team. Everyone seems intent on ripping Amaro apart when Gillick still has his hands on decisions here.

That's true. The Phillies are worth $424 million owned by a group headed by Bill Giles. They wouldln't let the relatively inexperienced Amaro do trades on his own. Gillick was GM in 2006. Amaro was appointed to succeed him a few years later while Gillick became special consultant to the Phillies. Amaro is probably just a talking head.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
JRol is still an excellent ss so he won't be traded. A .259 hitter so far, the bum slumped to .244 in July.

He has a negative WAR for defense and a .668 OPS.
He can't hit for average.
Can't get on base.
Can't hit for power.

I'm missing the "excellent" part.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get on base.
Can't hit for power.

100% Agreed but you forgot loves to pop-up on 3-0 counts or to lead a game off!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Pghkid, I am aware of that but somewhere in the communication lines something is lost because nobody is doing anything when somebody should be doing things like we have talked about for some time now on numerous threads.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...I thought most of Phils fans consensus was that you guys liked Rollins? I never knew he only wanted to chase records

He used to be liked until he called Phillies fans "frontrunners" and made a WS series prediction he couldn't live up to.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get on base.
Can't hit for power.

I meant his defense at short. He is an average hitter at .259. I've seen him play all season. He's not perfect and has made more errors this year but has a strong, mean throw to first. Not concerned about a WAR stat on defense.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see lee is supposedly available again and amaro is shopping him. will change within the next 6 hours to "no chance he goes anywhere." :laugh3:

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see lee is supposedly available again and amaro is shopping him. will change within the next 6 hours to "no chance he goes anywhere." :laugh3:

Supposedly they are asking for 3-4 top prospects and the GM's first born to get Lee, in other words not gonna happen and the trend continues, old and overpaid with no production.