• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

phils trade rumor thread

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I meant his defense at short. He is an average hitter at .259. I've seen him play all season. He's not perfect and has made more errors this year but has a strong, mean throw to first. Not concerned about a WAR stat on defense.

So, more errors, less range, you want to ignore defensive WAR (probably because it highlights how crappy he is being that he is ranked 23 out of 25), he is a BELOW average hitter with a .668 OPS, but he's excellent because you've "seen him play all season?"

Well, shit, you've sold me...

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Supposedly they are asking for 3-4 top prospects and the GM's first born to get Lee, in other words not gonna happen and the trend continues, old and overpaid with no production.

I disagree that Lee is "old and overpaid with no production." He's got a hefty contract that is hurting the team like the phillies that needs to rebuild. But, that contract would be pretty damn close to what you could expect for someone that has produced like lea has over the last six seasons.

I have no problem with Lee. He pitches. He pitches a lot of innings. Gives you a low ERA and WHIP. He's a Lefty that doesn't rely on power. He'll be in the league for quite some time.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, more errors, less range, you want to ignore defensive WAR (probably because it highlights how crappy he is being that he is ranked 23 out of 25), he is a BELOW average hitter with a .668 OPS, but he's excellent because you've "seen him play all season?"

Well, shit, you've sold me...

DWAR can be confusing. CHW ss Alexei Ramirez has 17 errors and a DWAR of 1.3 and fpct of .961. Jimmy Rollins has 9 errors, a DWAR of -.4 and a fpct of .979.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly they are asking for 3-4 top prospects and the GM's first born to get Lee, in other words not gonna happen and the trend continues, old and overpaid with no production.

at least he's asking for people this time. maybe a GM will meet him halfway. we can hope.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWAR can be confusing. CHW ss Alexei Ramirez has 17 errors and a DWAR of 1.3 and fpct of .961. Jimmy Rollins has 9 errors, a DWAR of -.4 and a fpct of .979.

chances are ramirez gets to a hell of a lot more balls and therefore makes superb outs and run saving plays consistently. rollins is just OK handling balls near him.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that Lee is "old and overpaid with no production." He's got a hefty contract that is hurting the team like the phillies that needs to rebuild. But, that contract would be pretty damn close to what you could expect for someone that has produced like lea has over the last six seasons.

I have no problem with Lee. He pitches. He pitches a lot of innings. Gives you a low ERA and WHIP. He's a Lefty that doesn't rely on power. He'll be in the league for quite some time.

I wasn't referring to Lee as old & overpaid, I was referring to the Phillies team in general as old, overpaid with no production. Having players on the south side of 25 on this roster is like the plague, aint having any of that, the Phils brass like thier players like a fine wine, aged with a hefty price tag.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this xander bogaerts kid looks nasty. he's only 20, in AAA already and has a .279 avg, .380 obp, .863 ops there. he's basically a 20 HR hitting shortstop. #8 (baseball america) and #20 (mlb.com) prospect rating coming into 2013.

if amaro could get him, have the sox pay most (if not all) of lee's contract and score another player.. FUCK. i think i'd shit gold bricks. this is what i hate about the deadline though. random tools, in this case rosenthal, are always spraying out their ideas that have no backing to it at all. you can't help but get a little excited at the thought even though you know it's made up bullshit and just personal opinions.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this xander bogaerts kid looks nasty. he's only 20, in AAA already and has a .279 avg, .380 obp, .863 ops there. he's basically a 20 HR hitting shortstop. #8 (baseball america) and #20 (mlb.com) prospect rating coming into 2013.

if amaro could get him, have the sox pay most (if not all) of lee's contract and score another player.. FUCK. i think i'd shit gold bricks. this is what i hate about the deadline though. random tools, in this case rosenthal, are always spraying out their ideas that have no backing to it at all. you can't help but get a little excited at the thought even though you know it's made up bullshit and just personal opinions.

I don't see it happening. The Sox GM is far too attached to the organizations prospects to give them up for Lee. Also, Rosenthal mentioned Bradley and Owens being included, as well. That just isn't going to happen.

It would be great for the Phillies if it did happen, but it's not. Rosenthal is acting like a clown.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So, I've highlighted every possible way to illustrate that Rollins is NOT excellent, and you are still clinging to it and can only respond with DWAR is confusing.

Rollins needs to go.

I don't hate Rollins, but he is not "excellent", is over paid, and does not help this team in terms of what they need to do to rebuild quickly over the next one to two seasons.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 12:23pm CST]
The latest on Phillies third baseman Michael Young:

Young will only approve a trade back to the Rangers, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
If Young is being traded, Yankees people say it's not to them, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

if that's true, i hope they make him suffer the rest of the year.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rosenthal is a fucking idiot. he just said that the phils need to give up both lee and asche (who he calls "ash") to get xander bogearts. how does he say that with a straight face?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you know it's not "ash"?

well, every single commentator has pronounced it ash-e. i suppose they could be wrong, but i imagine they would know considering they've talked to the guy

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it is ash-e. i remember big head (tmac) saying on the air before that cody let them know how to pronounce his name.

that's why he's asche smashe! :nod:

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really seems like Ruben is going to f^#$ this all up. He overplayed his hand for way too long and now he is trying to jack the prices up and in the end the Phillies will do nothing but get another year older. How the heck does this man still have a job? He didn't bring the World Series title to Philly, he took that team and imploded it over the span of 3 seasons.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the advent of 2 WC teams in each league, with each passing season, more teams are less willing to trade the farm so to speak for help.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't Phillies announcers known for adding an "e" to almost everyone's name? Schmitty, Lieby, Kruk-e to name a few