• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly trades Zach Ertz

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't just in a shitty division, we have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.
panthers do

1634779028244.png
6 winnable games

1634779116188.png
4 for philly no way they sweep wft and nyg:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers will have to finish 10-17 from their current 3-3 record with that remaining schedule.

Eagles kept with the Chiefs throughout that game. It wasn't like the chiefs went up 42-7 and the Eagles put up points in garbage time. Eagles were up 10-7 after the first. Down 21-13 going into half. Down 28-16 heading into the 4th and then it ended at 42-30.

With the removal of the #2 seed getting a bye it reduces the effort to get that and if you are already out of the running for the #1 seed but already have your division locked up like the Cowboys could be heading into week 18 then that is a situation where you just rest your starters after the longest season in NFL history.
The KC game was 42-23 with a last sec meaningless TD to put it 42-30. Nobody looks at the final score and say the Eagles were in it, cause they weren't after the first quarter.

Carolina was winning games when CMC was around. Obviously out they lose so basically bringing one of the top players back in the fold changes their entire offense back to when they were 3-0. I expect them to get better unless CMC goes down again which could happen.

There's still seeding for HFA. Even if the 1 seed is locked a battle for the 2 and 3 seed is still very important. Top seed gets bumped off than the 2 seed now has HFA. So unless Dallas can no longer move up or down than yes they will rest players. If there's a chance to move to the 2 seed than they'll play their starters.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lions fan, that game against the Eagles is as good a chance as any to keep from going all defeated.

Two shitty teams, could be a tie, who knows really?
This is true. I marked it as a W but really it's a toss up. Wouldn't be the least surprise if the Lions won.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The KC game was 42-23 with a last sec meaningless TD to put it 42-30. Nobody looks at the final score and say the Eagles were in it, cause they weren't after the first quarter.

Carolina was winning games when CMC was around. Obviously out they lose so basically bringing one of the top players back in the fold changes their entire offense back to when they were 3-0. I expect them to get better unless CMC goes down again which could happen.

There's still seeding for HFA. Even if the 1 seed is locked a battle for the 2 and 3 seed is still very important. Top seed gets bumped off than the 2 seed now has HFA. So unless Dallas can no longer move up or down than yes they will rest players. If there's a chance to move to the 2 seed than they'll play their starters.

Panthers were winning games when they were playing teams like the Jets & Texans. The only team that isn't completely dogshit that they beat was the wildly inconsistent Saints.

Only a certified moron would be playing for seeding if out of the running for the #1 seed in week 18. No reason to risk injury in the longest season ever in NFL history. You rest starters heading into the playoffs if you have the chance that final week unless you have a chance to still get the #1 seed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers were winning games when they were playing teams like the Jets & Texans. The only team that isn't completely dogshit that they beat was the wildly inconsistent Saints.

Only a certified moron would be playing for seeding if out of the running for the #1 seed in week 18. No reason to risk injury in the longest season ever in NFL history. You rest starters heading into the playoffs if you have the chance that final week unless you have a chance to still get the #1 seed.
You get the home game against the 3 seed. Why the fuck would you want to go on the road in the playoffs in hostile territory unless your QB is Tom Brady. If my coach lost a chance at the 2nd seed by not playing starters and than got bounced on the road, he's fired.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...4 for philly no way they sweep wft and nyg:suds:
As it stands I project the Eagles have a 33% chance to sweep the Giants and a 27.5% chance to sweep the WFT. It would be a net 9.2% to win those specific 4. They don't have to achieve that but they probably need 7 more wins. That gets them into the tie-breaker discussion. Using a binomial calculator the chances of them winning 7 or more out of 11 with an average 50% chance would be 27.4%. Clearly the Eagles won't average out as a 50% chance to win games. at 47.5% it drops to 22.1% and at 46% it drops down to 19.2%.Then you factor in tie-breakers. From a projection stand point the Vikings are favourites and the 49ers are next in line. The Bears, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks, maybe even WFT are further back.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between the #1, #2, and #3 seedings. After that there's no a lot in it. I can see the top seeds being in play in Week 18.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get the home game against the 3 seed. Why the fuck would you want to go on the road in the playoffs in hostile territory unless your QB is Tom Brady. If my coach lost a chance at the 2nd seed by not playing starters and than got bounced on the road, he's fired.

Why would you want to get your QB or anyone important injured in a week 18 game and throw your entire playoffs in jeopardy? Finishing up the longest season in league history, you want to give your guys a much needed rest before the final stretch that is the playoffs.

#2 seed is so completely fucking lost in it's value now with it no longer giving a bye week.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No the Eagles don't have the easiest remaining schedule.

2. The remainimg SOS will change weekly.

They do though. I don't think the shit teams making up the most of the Eagles schedule are going to be winning a whole lot of games from here on out. Only piling up more Ls.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands I project the Eagles have a 33% chance to sweep the Giants and a 27.5% chance to sweep the WFT. It would be a net 9.2% to win those specific 4. They don't have to achieve that but they probably need 7 more wins. That gets them into the tie-breaker discussion. Using a binomial calculator the chances of them winning 7 or more out of 11 with an average 50% chance would be 27.4%. Clearly the Eagles won't average out as a 50% chance to win games. at 47.5% it drops to 22.1% and at 46% it drops down to 19.2%.Then you factor in tie-breakers. From a projection stand point the Vikings are favourites and the 49ers are next in line. The Bears, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks, maybe even WFT are further back.

Last year was the first time the Eagles didn't sweep the Giants in like 6 or 7 years or more. Yet you only have them at a 33% chance of sweeping them.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the first time the Eagles didn't sweep the Giants in like 6 or 7 years or more. Yet you only have them at a 33% chance of sweeping them.
I'm not looking at last year or the last 7 years...for any team, because it isn't relevant. The Eagles currently project to be a solid 65% favourite at home against the Giants and a small 51.5% favourite in New York. I'd move both lines about 5% against WFT.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints have some tough sledding to get that 6th seed.

Bucs twice, Panthers again who blew them out already, Bills, Titans & Cowboys. Let's say they lose those games that puts them at 8 losses. That Saints @ Eagles game in November will be huge for both teams. Tie breaker determining game if that 7th seed comes down between Eagles and Saints.
Explain to me how a 5 win team makes it to the 7th seed? :becky:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do though. I don't think the shit teams making up the most of the Eagles schedule are going to be winning a whole lot of games from here on out. Only piling up more Ls.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm finding it laughable that you think strength of schedule really matters in the NFL.

If you have two bad teams, the one that is mostly playing other bad teams will likely fair better than the team playing mostly good teams.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have two bad teams, the one that is mostly playing other bad teams will likely fair better than the team playing mostly good teams.
It's week to week, game to game, any given Sunday and it's been that way for 40 years. The Jets went into LA just last year and beat the Rams when the Rams were in the hunt to win the NFCW. Washington, with Taylor Heineke gave the Bucs their toughest test in last years play-offs. The list is a mile long and you can't use the "bad team" model to predict outcomes. But hey, you go on believing the Eagles can get there. That's what being a fan is. It's all good. Cheers.