• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly trades Zach Ertz

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say neither the Pats or Eagles make the playoffs, I also say the Pats will most likely be 2nd in the AFCE while I the WFT finishes 2nd in the NFCE.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't really see that path for those teams looking at their schedules.
especially with your eagles colored glasses on.

realistically you know the eagles will end up with a losing record.
Most likely not even in the top ten NFC, let alone the top 7.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't really see that path for those teams looking at their schedules.
Well, looking at the Eagles schedule, 7 or 8 wins maybe. Unless they sweep the NFCLeast which is highly doubtful. And no, the Seahawks likely aren't going to the play-offs either. The defense is just too awful.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two must be confused because no team that makes it in as the 7th seed is very good.

<<sigh>>

I’ll try one more time:

We say the eagles aren’t winning because they suck. You say they aren’t winning bc they have played a difficult schedule. You’ve gone to great length for to establish that the Eagles have the EASIEST schedule the rest of the season. Therefore, if you are correct, there should be NO EXCUSE if they continue to lose. Oh… I’m sure there will be but it will be funny to see you pivot to it.

As for Ertz, he had more than 30 targets (second on the team) while Goedert had less than 20. Ertz was a big part of their passing offense. Teams knew this so they keyed on him. Now he’s gone. We are gonna see how well Goedert does now that he’s the main TE on the team.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<<sigh>>

I’ll try one more time:

We say the eagles aren’t winning because they suck. You say they aren’t winning bc they have played a difficult schedule. You’ve gone to great length for to establish that the Eagles have the EASIEST schedule the rest of the season. Therefore, if you are correct, there should be NO EXCUSE if they continue to lose. Oh… I’m sure there will be but it will be funny to see you pivot to it.

As for Ertz, he had more than 30 targets (second on the team) while Goedert had less than 20. Ertz was a big part of their passing offense. Teams knew this so they keyed on him. Now he’s gone. We are gonna see how well Goedert does now that he’s the main TE on the team.

Eagles are a good bad team. Will lose to good teams but will beat bad teams. That is what we have seen through 6 weeks and now they have a schedule full of bad teams. They will likely be around a 9-7 record and thus will be in the running for that 7th seed.

Ertz played in 6 games and Goedert has played in 5. Plus since Goedert missed a game due to COVID Ertz got the pleasure of full targets in a game whereas Goedert has had to slit snaps with Ertz in every game this season. You are the only person here due to your ignorance of these players that would try to claim that Ertz is better than Goedert here in 2021.

Also because it's funny, let's take a look at how their targets and production compared in each game this season:

W1 @Falcons
Goedert - 5 targets, 4 receptions, 42 yards & 1 TD
Ertz - 2 targets, 2 receptions, 34 yards & 0 TD

W2 49ers
Goedert - 2 targets, 2 receptions, 24 yards & 0 TD
Ertz - 2 targets, 1 reception, 6 yards & 0 TD

W3 @Cowboys
Goedert - 4 targets, 2 receptions, 66 yards & 0 TD
Ertz - 7 targets, 4 receptions, 53 yards & 1 TD

W4 Chiefs
Goedert - 5 targets, 5 receptions, 56 yards & 1 TD
Ertz -8 targets, 6 receptions, 60 yards & 0 TD

W5 @Panthers
Goedert - 3 targets, 2 receptions, 28 yards & 0 TD
Ertz - 6 targets, 1 reception, 7 yards & 0 TD

W6
Ertz - 6 targets, 4 receptions, 29 yards & 1 TD

TARGET/CATCH BREAKDOWN
Goedert - 19 targets, 15 receptions, catch 78.9%
Ertz - 31 targets, 18 receptions, 58.1 catch%

Goedert is clearly a far more efficient player. In fact he is the most efficient player on the team. The Eagles should have traded Ertz back around the draft. There was no point in having him come in and split snaps with Goedert due to his large contract. It is long overdue for Goedert to have a bigger role in this offense and he finally will.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are a good bad team. Will lose to good teams but will beat bad teams. That is what we have seen through 6 weeks and now they have a schedule full of bad teams. They will likely be around a 9-7 record and thus will be in the running for that 7th seed.

Ertz played in 6 games and Goedert has played in 5. Plus since Goedert missed a game due to COVID Ertz got the pleasure of full targets in a game whereas Goedert has had to slit snaps with Ertz in every game this season. You are the only person here due to your ignorance of these players that would try to claim that Ertz is better than Goedert here in 2021.

Also because it's funny, let's take a look at how their targets and production compared in each game this season:

W1 @Falcons
Goedert - 5 targets, 4 receptions, 42 yards & 1 TD
Ertz - 2 targets, 2 receptions, 34 yards & 0 TD

W2 49ers
Goedert - 2 targets, 2 receptions, 24 yards & 0 TD
Ertz - 2 targets, 1 reception, 6 yards & 0 TD

W3 @Cowboys
Goedert - 4 targets, 2 receptions, 66 yards & 0 TD
Ertz - 7 targets, 4 receptions, 53 yards & 1 TD

W4 Chiefs
Goedert - 5 targets, 5 receptions, 56 yards & 1 TD
Ertz -8 targets, 6 receptions, 60 yards & 0 TD

W5 @Panthers
Goedert - 3 targets, 2 receptions, 28 yards & 0 TD
Ertz - 6 targets, 1 reception, 7 yards & 0 TD

W6
Ertz - 6 targets, 4 receptions, 29 yards & 1 TD

TARGET/CATCH BREAKDOWN
Goedert - 19 targets, 15 receptions, catch 78.9%
Ertz - 31 targets, 18 receptions, 58.1 catch%

Goedert is clearly a far more efficient player. In fact he is the most efficient player on the team. The Eagles should have traded Ertz back around the draft. There was no point in having him come in and split snaps with Goedert due to his large contract. It is long overdue for Goedert to have a bigger role in this offense and he finally will.

A “good bad team”? LMFAO

The eagles will NOT finish 9-7 bc there’s 17 games this year dipshit and that’s only 16.

Oh, and you’re wrong about Goedert… again.

Here’s the number of SNAPS each player has played on offense:

Goedert has taken more snaps but received less targets

1634685289480.jpeg

1634685182849.jpeg

Last edited:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A “good bad team”? LMFAO

The eagles will NOT finish 9-7 bc there’s 17 games this year dipshit and that’s only 16.

Oh, and you’re wrong about Goedert… again.

Here’s the number of SNAPS each player has played on offense:

Goedert has taken more snaps but received less targets

View attachment 281842

View attachment 281839

For sure. Bill Simmons has talked about good bad teams for as long as he has been around. A good bad team is just a bad team that is able to beat other bad teams when they play them but always when they play actual good teams.

And I meant 9-8. which you know since I have been saying it throughout this thread. That they have a realistic chance with this schedule to go 9-8 and have a chance at that 7 seed.

Also Goedert has taken more snaps because he can actually block as tight ends usually are expected to do in addition to catching passes. But Ertz has always been a non-existent blocker. If Ertz is out there he is basically just running routes whereas Goedert also works into protection, run blocking or blocking on the many way too many WR screens the Eagles run.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BILL SIMMONS

Week 3 Picks With a Pinch of Mailbag​

Who are the Good Bad Teams in the NFL, and how concussed was Marty McFly?

by BILL SIMMONS ON SEPTEMBER 23, 2011

BENGALS (-3) over 49ers

Q: Where do you stand on Andy Dalton’s nickname, “The Red Rifle?”
— Frank, Cincinnati

SG: In! One hundred percent in! I’ve never felt better about anyone with red hair, with the possible exception of Christina Hendricks and David Caruso during Season 1 of NYPD Blue. I like the Bengals in general — there’s an overwhelming chance they might be the Good Bad Team this year (a.k.a. the Bad Team that either covers or beats the other bad teams).

Redskins (+4) over COWBOYS

Q: Is this the worst season of Monday Night Football ever? Skins-Cowboys is the best matchup of the first three weeks, then check out the rest of the slate: Colts-Bucs, Bears-Lions (admittedly watchable), Dolphins-Jets (why in the world would Miami get two Monday night games?), Ravens-Jags, Chargers-Chiefs, Bears-Eagles, Vikings-Packers, Chiefs-Pats, Giants-Saints, Chargers-Jags, Rams-Seahawks, Steelers-Niners, Falcons-Saints. Counting the first Monday, at least ten of the 17 Monday Night Football games in 2011 could have a spread of more than a touchdown!
— Kyle, Cleveland

SG: That’s brutal. The six worst teams in football (Seattle, Kansas City, Miami, Indianapolis, San Fran and Jacksonville) are headlining eight of the last 13 weeks? I think the guy who programmed Monday Night Football stayed at the Skirvin last winter. In other news, I believe in the Skins to be something. They’re somewhere between a playoff team and the Good Bad Team … maybe the Good Mediocre Team? Washington 23, Dallas, 20. And if the Falcons beat the Bucs, you might want to go against me.