• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies Re-Sign Carlos Ruiz: Three Years, $26 Million

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm pretty sure Caligula would want Molina as the backup to Rupp. But even if he wanted him as a starter, anybody with 5 brain cells would rather have Molina's contract than Ruiz's.

I want Molina as a capable warm body for league minimum for depth. I have no idea if any of the prospects can produce yet at the catcher position. But, Kratz and Molina on the cheap for a year is a shit ton better than Ruiz's abortion.

Signing Ruiz to this shitty contract is not improving this team. They were below .500 last season with Ruiz and they will be lucky to be .500 in 2014 with Ruiz and his shitty contract.

This team added even more age this season to an already old team.

If I had my way, Ruiz, Rollins, and Papelbon would not be on this team at this point. They should not be on this team. But they are and that makes the Utley signing bad. If he was the only aging player on the infield, fine, roll the dice. But, when he is one of FIVE in the infield AND you just added a 36 year old right fielder coming off of a season he will never match again? Yeah, massive abortion.

Only complete tards are happy with these signings. These will be the same clowns that will be surprised when the team isn't contending next year. And they will blame the manager.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's been making $5 mill/yr. Do you want quality at catcher or not? He's been exceptional for the past few years except for some happy pills and a few injuries. We've got a guy who will hit .280, is very good defensively, and handles the pitchers well.

The Phillies are an $800 million organization. We don't play in a shabby field next to the railroad tracks. This deal will pay off easily as the '14 Phillies get back those 400,000 attendees we lost this season (7,000/game) with 85-90 wins (if the pitching can come through).

Yeah, like I said; only tard fans cheer these shitty contracts.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Molina as a capable warm body for league minimum for depth. I have no idea if any of the prospects can produce yet at the catcher position. But, Kratz and Molina on the cheap for a year is a shit ton better than Ruiz's abortion.

Signing Ruiz to this shitty contract is not improving this team. They were below .500 last season with Ruiz and they will be lucky to be .500 in 2014 with Ruiz and his shitty contract.

This team added even more age this season to an already old team.

If I had my way, Ruiz, Rollins, and Papelbon would not be on this team at this point. They should not be on this team. But they are and that makes the Utley signing bad. If he was the only aging player on the infield, fine, roll the dice. But, when he is one of FIVE in the infield AND you just added a 36 year old right fielder coming off of a season he will never match again? Yeah, massive abortion.

Only complete tards are happy with these signings. These will be the same clowns that will be surprised when the team isn't contending next year. And they will blame the manager.

Calig, are you insane? What you want is a lineup with the 8 and 9 hitters as zeroes, those sure outs that we've gotten accustomed to in the Phillies lineup. We need 8 hitters in the lineup. Carlos fits the bill and is worth every $ of his contract. This way, we'll get back those 70 hits and 80 runs we lost last season.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red sox were rumored to wanting Ruiz. The Phillies simply preferred to keep him. The market for catchers is thin. Yes, the Phillies overpaid him,but he is a contact type of hitter,does not strike out much,and is solid on the defensive end. The downside is the fact that he will never play a full season,maybe a hundred games at best. Hopefully Rup will get some playing time and improve his stats,then in 2 years,he could take over.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red sox were rumored to wanting Ruiz. The Phillies simply preferred to keep him. The market for catchers is thin. Yes, the Phillies overpaid him,but he is a contact type of hitter,does not strike out much,and is solid on the defensive end. The downside is the fact that he will never play a full season,maybe a hundred games at best. Hopefully Rup will get some playing time and improve his stats,then in 2 years,he could take over.

I agree. Plus let's face, they're all overpaid. Everybody overpays for the players they want. A full season of 100-120 games with Rupp doing the rest should get the job done.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Calig, are you insane? What you want is a lineup with the 8 and 9 hitters as zeroes, those sure outs that we've gotten accustomed to in the Phillies lineup. We need 8 hitters in the lineup. Carlos fits the bill and is worth every $ of his contract. This way, we'll get back those 70 hits and 80 runs we lost last season.

Ruiz is not worth the money to this team. This team will be lucky to get to .500 with or without Ruiz. Only a complete homer can not see this.

Tear down those poster, JVett.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical jvett post:

"We have Ruiz back. He is well worth every penny of the 26 million we will be paying him. Who else will catch? The Phillies are a 900 million dollar company surely they can afford a 26 million dollar contract.

:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: "Ruiz's bat adds 170 hits which adds up to 60 runs and 8 more wins.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical jvett post:

"We have Ruiz back. He is well worth every penny of the 26 million we will be paying him. Who else will catch? The Phillies are a 900 million dollar company surely they can afford a 26 million dollar contract.

Kid, finish up at high school before you do player contract analysis.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruiz is not worth the money to this team. This team will be lucky to get to .500 with or without Ruiz. Only a complete homer can not see this.

Tear down those poster, JVett.

Excellent analysis. Done by a "tard" fan. Yes, that's how we say it. The Phillies lineup is looking real nice. I don't see any of your "warm bodies in it." lol

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid, finish up at high school before you do player contract analysis.

"player contract analysis"??? Are you fucking kidding me? I really had to a lot of analyzing to do to realize that a 26 million dollar contract to a 35 year old catcher is a bad idea. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!! Spend that money well, son, you will earn it, we are sure!
:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid, when you scrape up the cash to buy a ticket, try attending some of the Phillies games. You'll personally get to see real value watching Carlos live.

This makes no sense. Are you suggesting that if I attended more games, I could see that Ruiz was deserving of a 26 million dollar contract? But it's true, I don't have a lot of money. Maybe you could split your social security check with me and we could see a game together and I can show you Fangraphs.com where you can read about 35 year old+ catcher's production. Or, I could just split the social security checks with Ruiz, Rollins, Howard, Utley and Byrd in about 10 years when the 2025 Phillies are 55-110 due to injuries to their aging players. But in 2026, when Byrd, Howard, and Ruiz are healthy, they will add 800 runs and 50 wins so we should resign them, right?

:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also: "Ruiz's bat adds 170 hits which adds up to 60 runs and 8 more wins.

Looking forward to his excuses come June.

"If it weren't for the injuries and Rollins and Howard and Byrd having unexpected down years this team would easily have 20 more wins. Next year, man, next year. Howard will be back to hitting his 40+ dingers, Byrd will be mashing again like he did in 2013, and there is no reason why Rollings can't be a 30/30 guy again. And they'll have a healthy Utley! Easily a 100 win team."

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to his excuses come June.

"If it weren't for the injuries and Rollins and Howard and Byrd having unexpected down years this team would easily have 20 more wins. Next year, man, next year. Howard will be back to hitting his 40+ dingers, Byrd will be mashing again like he did in 2013, and there is no reason why Rollings can't be a 30/30 guy again. And they'll have a healthy Utley! Easily a 100 win team."

Dude you forget the :suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds: