• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies get Harper

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keuchel's 2018 wasn't very encouraging. Pedestrian strikeout rate and he saw his groundball rate dip, and his slider fell off last year.

Seems he's got the Bret Saberhagen/Josh Beckett thing going on. Good every other year. Still, when you look at some of the flotsam currently occupying MLB rotations, it's really hard to see why he's still sitting at home.

Not sure, is Boras his agent?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know this probably not a popular take, but judging by the numbers Harper hasn't earned this deal outside of 2015.
Numbers no but he is the most marketable player in the game. It’s a long term deal but he is making only 2 million more than jadon heyward the next few seasons

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy's trending towards a HOF career.

Do I think it's an overpay? Shit, yes. Do I hate the deal? No.
I think that's more or less where I'm coming from. I absolutely think a large part of this deal comes from hype, but if I'm a Phillies fan I'm no less ecstatic right now because he is still a great player.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's more or less where I'm coming from. I absolutely think a large part of this deal comes from hype, but if I'm a Phillies fan I'm no less ecstatic right now because he is still a great player.

The park doesn't hurt either. His HR projection was just increased by 2.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next 7 years will make up for the final 6.
I'd also add on that is a fair tradeoff to make. Sometimes going for it all during a window of contention means paying for it later, but fuck it if you win a title(s)it's worth it.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their front office was tending to do the dumb shit that got the last FO in trouble (player options for guys in their mid-30s), I'd be slightly more concerned.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their front office was tending to do the dumb shit that got the last FO in trouble (player options for guys in their mid-30s), I'd be slightly more concerned.
*wrench*

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a hundy on the Mets for under 83
2YC.gif

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he's got the Bret Saberhagen/Josh Beckett thing going on. Good every other year. Still, when you look at some of the flotsam currently occupying MLB rotations, it's really hard to see why he's still sitting at home.

Not sure, is Boras his agent?
yes

he Athletic's Ken Rosenthal reports the Padres are talking to Dallas Keuchel's agent Scott Boras but that a deal is a "longshot."
Rosenthal also notes that the talks regarding Keuchel far outweigh talks with Boras about his other high-profile client, Bryce Harper, suggesting the Padres aren't serious suitors for Harper's services. Rosenthal says the Padres have interest in Keuchel "at a certain level" but are also considering other starters. Keuchel's market seems to be the Phillies and perhaps a return to the Astros, but there hasn't been much smoke here in recent weeks.