• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton can't feel his fingertips

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is weeks old, but as I think about tonight's KC game, I am reminded that Peyton Manning, a man who throws a spheroid for a living, has admitted he can no longer feel the tips of his fingers.

"I can't feel anything in my fingertips," Manning said. "It's crazy. I've talked to a doctor recently who said, Don't count on the feeling coming back. It was hard for me for about two years, because one doctor told me I could wake up any morning and it might come back. So you wake up every day thinking, Today's the day! Then it's not."

The lack of feeling in his fingers stems from a quartet of neck surgeries, which caused him to miss the 2011 season. While it's not exactly an unexpected side effect, it does make his production all that more impressive -- and might explain the increased frequency of Manning's wobbly ducks.

Peyton Manning still doesn't have feeling in fingertips - NFL.com

What happens with one more hit Peyton, you can't feel your arms and legs? Paralyzed from the waist down? I wonder if this is when the country will see that Peyton Manning needs to be taken out of his misery before he becomes the Muhammad Ali of football.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he doesn't get "the hit" and can retire reasonably healthy to raise his kids.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too. What I hope is that he is forced to the bench to be honest, by not being able to perform. That is possibly the only way he exits the game.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"peytons fine"

-idiots

he is going between glove and bare handed, and the glove is the only way he can throw a football without looking worse than tim tebow.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Peyton last week was tough. Hoping to see something different tonight. Would be sad to see him go out that way. Really makes you appreciate Favre even more seeing how others fair at that age.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might see Osweiler by the second half of the season personally.

H27U6Wq.jpg

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
He can feel my finger tipssss anytime

upload_2015-9-17_15-3-36.jpeg

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Peyton won't be able to "feel" below his chest after he's sacked about 4-times tonight.....!

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You could have posted this 3 years ago and gotten the same comments.

I disagree, I think we have become way more clever with our snide comments over that last 3 years.:D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the second half of last year, and last game, I think it's become clearer that he is having problems throwing.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing feeling in my toes

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is weeks old, but as I think about tonight's KC game, I am reminded that Peyton Manning, a man who throws a spheroid for a living, has admitted he can no longer feel the tips of his fingers.

"I can't feel anything in my fingertips," Manning said. "It's crazy. I've talked to a doctor recently who said, Don't count on the feeling coming back. It was hard for me for about two years, because one doctor told me I could wake up any morning and it might come back. So you wake up every day thinking, Today's the day! Then it's not."

The lack of feeling in his fingers stems from a quartet of neck surgeries, which caused him to miss the 2011 season. While it's not exactly an unexpected side effect, it does make his production all that more impressive -- and might explain the increased frequency of Manning's wobbly ducks.

What happens with one more hit Peyton, you can't feel your arms and legs? Paralyzed from the waist down? I wonder if this is when the country will see that Peyton Manning needs to be taken out of his misery before he becomes the Muhammad Ali of football.

It's my understanding that his neck injury does not make him any more susceptible of a neck injury than anyone who has never hurt his neck. Doubt he would have ever comeback three years ago were that not true.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what the Colts thought.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The loss of feeling in his fingers is a by-product of the neck surgery if I have read into this correctly...apparently he needs the gloves to help with the grip even in dry conditions.

This is my guess right now...I think this is the last year for Peyton and Elway and company already know it. If they win the SB, this is a lock.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vert2.gif

Cervical vertebrae pinches spinal cord and cause arm and hand problems.

Lumbar pinching spinal cord causes leg problems and incontinence, etc

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what the Colts thought.

I suspect that the availability of Luck factored into the Colts decision on Peyton. I don't know that the Colts thought that his neck injury made him more likely to suffer another neck injury. They actually released him at a point when it was unknown if he's ever play again.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken Parm you taste so good.

But yes week 1 it was clear he wasn't able to throw the ball like he once could. Is this the last year we see him play? The ball certainly was not a tight spiral like we are used to seeing from him. As people mentioned above his spin and kneck are preventing him from being his usual self.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not good. Got to think Manning will retire at season's end.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decline is weird in the NFL, you can absolutely lose it in one year, but let's avoid ripping Manning for the time being. He hasn't felt his tips in years.