• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peter King's Mock on Yardbarker

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News to break the recent silence leading up to the draft.

King explains that his mock draft is derived from what he heard at the general manager's meetings and his sources. The big surprise is that he has the Rams making two trades:

Rams send pick #10 and #72 to the Redskins for pick #5 which the Rams use on WR Kevin White.

Rams send picks #41 and #119 to the Colts for pick #29 which the Rams use to select OT T J Cummings.

Bold moves. I just don't know if I would pull the trigger on these though. His mock has some players such as CB Kevin Johnson from Wyoming rising high and some players such as OT Lael Collins from LSU dropping far. There's also a player or two selected that haven't been seen as round one material.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, instead of trading down for more picks like we want, he has the Rams using nearly their whole draft on a WR and RT? Seems wasteful when they could stay put and get Parker (if not a top 2 WR) and a different OT (if not Clemmings) in the 2nd round.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^what he said. Trading down will be the way to go. I think you will see them trade down twice in the 2nd round to accumulate picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^what he said. Trading down will be the way to go. I think you will see them trade down twice in the 2nd round to accumulate picks.

It all depends on who they are actually targeting. For all we know, Fisher will go RB, QB, or ? in the second round. Tough to get inside these guys' minds sometimes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher have already mentioned that they are not impressed with much of this draft. To me, that may be an unwise approach when, as Shopson and the Commish have already mentioned, we could get similar results by remaining where we are or trading down.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, you could rationalize that if the Rams aren't impressed with much of this draft, that they may try to move up and target the few guys they do like.

Can't wait until the 30th to get this draft rolling!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. This attitude by Snisher is indeed open to a myriad of interpretations and we will only know the true intentions that week-end. The rest is best-guess speculation.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, Shopson. Snead has demonstrated his propensity for moving up (Tavon Austin) and moving down (Alec Ogletree) in the draft.

However, trading down makes the most sense because more picks give us better odds to hit than miss.

Reading between the lines though, I get the feeling the Rams are not enamored with any of the centers in the draft.

Still more smoke to come before the real thing!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, Shopson. Snead has demonstrated his propensity for moving up (Tavon Austin) and moving down (Alec Ogletree) in the draft.

However, trading down makes the most sense because more picks give us better odds to hit than miss.

Reading between the lines though, I get the feeling the Rams are not enamored with any of the centers in the draft.

Still more smoke to come before the real thing!

If they don't like the centers, I would like to see maybe one of the guys that can also play OG (Shaq Mason, Max Garcia, etc) get picked on day 3. Maybe they feel all 3 of the guys they have now are going to stick? Haven't seen anything of Rhaney yet, tough to tell.

Rhaney did have a decent draft profile:

Demetrius Rhaney Draft Profile NFL.com

Here's the other Rams centers' profiles for comparison:

Barnes:
Tim Barnes, Missouri, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Jones:
Barrett Jones Draft Profile NFL.com

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember them comenting on how little this draft has to offer in the later rounds. That was when we got the stud safety from Tampa Bay during mid season. This leads me to think a trade down wont happen. So I guess it would not surprise me to see them trade up for a bonefide stud or 2.

Im likin this Kevin White or Amari Cooper, I havent really heard to much about this TJ Cummings guy. If this is how it ends up I am good with it.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shrug:If they did draft Kevin White that would give us 3 West Virginia wrs!! .... just sayin

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about drafting OG Laken Tomlinson from Duke and moving him to center? The kid must have the smarts!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading additional reviews on the top centers, Cameron Erving is the only guy that is remotely deserving of being selected in the first round by the Rams. I think the Rams will do either as stated by a number of posters on this thread to get either one of the stud WRs by moving up, or moving down to pick-up one of the lineman such as Cann, Cummings, Peat, Tomlinson, or Erving and additonal picks. Snisher are not enamored with either Dismukes or Groniss. The former list includes invitees and completed invitees to Rams Park. I suspect they may even take a RB and/or WR in the early rounds and then take an O-lineman later along with an available QB.