• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin needs surgery

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be though. No one puts the ball where and when they want it more consistently than Brady or manning.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Wilson has a weak arm? Only someone that never watched him play would say that. Look at the tight windows he hits on his throws. Only a guy with a strong arm can complete those types of throws and he does it consistently.

Shanahan actually had to game plan against him in the playoffs and this is what he said:

ASHBURN, Va. -- Mike Shanahan could have had Russell Wilson. Before this year's draft, Wilson was on Shanahan's list of potential quarterbacks of the future for the Washington Redskins. He liked him.

"Strong arm," Shanahan said. "And he has that charisma, those leadership qualities you look for."

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be though. No one puts the ball where and when they want it more consistently than Brady or manning.

True. But thats not because of an innate ability. Putting the ball on spot as consistantly as they do is due to repetition, chemistry and smarts.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that you mentioned is knowing where to put the ball, not being physically able to put it there. They are different.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some of the top quarterbacks in the league are not known as gun slingers like Peyton, Tom, and Brees.

I've never heard anyone call those guys "gun slingers." This is a first.

I've usually heard the term "gun slinger" given to a QB who has a strong arm & likes to use it to throw into tight coverage (like Favre). This is why QBs like that are very streaky. Sometimes they look like the best QB who ever played, and sometimes they single-handedly lose games for you (like Favre).

I don't think any of those 3 QBs do that. The only QBs who come to mind when you say "gun slinger" are Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, Tony Romo and Jay Cutler to a lesser extent. Maybe Eli Manning.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard anyone call those guys "gun slingers." This is a first.

I've usually heard the term "gun slinger" given to a QB who has a strong arm & likes to use it to throw into tight coverage (like Favre). This is why QBs like that are very streaky. Sometimes they look like the best QB who ever played, and sometimes they single-handedly lose games for you (like Favre).

I don't think any of those 3 QBs do that. The only QBs who come to mind when you say "gun slinger" are Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, Tony Romo and Jay Cutler to a lesser extent. Maybe Eli Manning.

If Tony Romo is a "gun-slinger" I think he is shooting blanks....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre never looked like the best QB ever.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that you mentioned is knowing where to put the ball, not being physically able to put it there. They are different.

Of course they are different. My point is that most QBs in the league have great arm talent, it's just like anything else where the guys that work harder to put the ball on point are the ones that excel at it.

I just dont see what you saw out of Wilson that lead you to believe that he cant throw the ball as well as anyone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Tony Romo is a "gun-slinger" I think he is shooting blanks....

Well played.

Being a "Gun-slinger" isn't necessarily a good or bad thing. It's just a style of play. I think it's usually more bad than good.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Favre never looked like the best QB ever.

I mean for a few plays / drives at a time. One might look at his highlights & say, "Wow! You can't defend that guy!" But if you look at him over the course of 3 games, you'll say "Wow, he's his worst enemy."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for a few plays / drives at a time. One might look at his highlights & say, "Wow! You can't defend that guy!" But if you look at him over the course of 3 games, you'll say "Wow, he's his worst enemy."

Fair enough. I don't think you could get through a game thinking he's much above average though.