• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin needs surgery

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said his arm isn't good enough to ever be an elite QB. He's a smart kid, makes good choices, but there's not a lot of room for improvement there compared to most. You need the elite physical tools as well to ever be elite and he doesn't have them.

:L

I know that you are probably just considering us homers for disagreeing with you, but you really dont know what youre talking about. As i said before, cant wait for the season to start so class can Bégin for the uneducated. Youre still simply riding the "too short" train and not actually looking at his ability

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I know that you are probably just considering us homers for disagreeing with you, but you really dont know what youre talking about. As i said before, cant wait for the season to start so class can Bégin for the uneducated. Youre still simply riding the "too short" train and not actually looking at his ability

First off, the homer thing was a joke.

As for the rest, I have seen plenty of Russell Wilson. "Too short" is a real issue, but I have never used or claimed it here. My issue is solely that he is not a good enough thrower to ever be an elite option behind center. I don't think that changes.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for the rest, I have seen plenty of Russell Wilson. "Too short" is a real issue, but I have never used or claimed it here. My issue is solely that he is not a good enough thrower to ever be an elite option behind center. I don't think that changes.

What's wrong with his throw? I've seen consistently rifle passes inside, drop dimes downfield, and use placement as well as any QB in the league, all from outside and inside the pocket. I really dont see how anyone could watch him and say that he doesn't have the arm required to play at the highest level.

I hate it when people use analysts or ex QBs opinions as proof of something. But I will make an exception here because it's not just one analysts opinion, but the consensus of everyone that analyses his game say that Wilson has an excellent arm and has impressed them all because most likely they, like you, initially doubted it. Google it. What are you seeing that they dont? It's OK if you weren't impressed with him, but do you have anything more than blanket statements?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to win superbowls and playoff games you dont need to pass for 5000 yards and 40Tds, just look at joe flacco. Russell can win games and was very clutch the second half of the season. He hasnt been throwing multiple INTs, he throws the ball away in rough situations, and prepares very well the week leading up to gameday.

Thats all you need

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to win superbowls and playoff games you dont need to pass for 5000 yards and 40Tds, just look at joe flacco. Russell can win games and was very clutch the second half of the season. He hasnt been throwing multiple INTs, he throws the ball away in rough situations, and prepares very well the week leading up to gameday.

Thats all you need

I didn't even say you can't win with him. I said he won't ever be elite and people are blowing it way out of proportion.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with his throw? I've seen consistently rifle passes inside, drop dimes downfield, and use placement as well as any QB in the league, all from outside and inside the pocket. I really dont see how anyone could watch him and say that he doesn't have the arm required to play at the highest level.

I hate it when people use analysts or ex QBs opinions as proof of something. But I will make an exception here because it's not just one analysts opinion, but the consensus of everyone that analyses his game say that Wilson has an excellent arm and has impressed them all because most likely they, like you, initially doubted it. Google it. What are you seeing that they dont? It's OK if you weren't impressed with him, but do you have anything more than blanket statements?

Show me someone saying he has a great arm. I haven't seen a lot of analysis either way. I have just seen him throw, and he is solid, but not special. You need to have a special arm to be elite.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me someone saying he has a great arm. I haven't seen a lot of analysis either way. I have just seen him throw, and he is solid, but not special. You need to have a special arm to be elite.

Manning or Brady dont have some of the best arms the league has ever seen...... They have highly adequate arms and great work ethics and decision making abilities. I also dont think that Luck has an arm greater than Wilson's, but everyone already expects him to be elite.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ibpSBUYKfp1T1T.gif

iMDbxsHP2wf3C.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton and Brady are two of the best throwers in the league. Name someone with better or more consistent ball placement than either. They can make every throw better than most QBs can make even one.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton and Brady are two of the best throwers in the league. Name someone with better or more consistent ball placement than either. They can make every throw better than most QBs can make even one.

I cant. But Wilson puts the ball where it needs to be consistently too. His ball placement last year was excellent, with a myriad of throws. Dont worry, you'll see what I'm talking about as his career goes on. He has all the skills necessary.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how are you saying they aren't elite throwers if there is no one better?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iz3TjUHdpJGaE.gif

ibj2SYj7TMhsxj.gif

Curls, digs, outs, posts, splitting defenders, he can put the ball wherever it needs to be.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how are you saying they aren't elite throwers if there is no one better?

Because I dont think that those skills require a "special arm", but rather decision making, accuracy and hard work.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what anybody thinks russell; this man is a leader that gets the job done. besides its hard to throw for a ton of yards anyway when you have a run game like we do.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Curls, digs, outs, posts, splitting defenders, he can put the ball wherever it needs to be.

Here's the thing about arm strength: just being able to put the ball where it needs to be doesn't mean you have a good enough arm. If there isn't enough velocity on those throws, it makes it easier for DBs to jump on them.

This was the problem with Alex Smith for so many years. He could throw accurate bombs all day, but when he needed to sling the ball into a tight window, he'd check down to a RB because he can't make those throws.

I'm not saying Wilson doesn't put enough velocity on his throws; by all accounts he does. I'm just saying in a general quarterbacking sense.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered when it gets there and the arc it takes part of ball placement. The entire path is important.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seahawks fans getting a kick over the Crabtree injury when it happened.

Lets just say karma fucked them good.

Going by his own dead brain logic, JuicyFruit is going to have to take karma credit for this one now. Way to go.

"San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver suffered a torn ACL in his left knee Thursday, NFL Network's Ian R. Rapoport reported. The injury likely will end Culliver's 2013 NFL season.

A source told Rapoport that an MRI exam revealed the injury.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing about arm strength: just being able to put the ball where it needs to be doesn't mean you have a good enough arm. If there isn't enough velocity on those throws, it makes it easier for DBs to jump on them.

This was the problem with Alex Smith for so many years. He could throw accurate bombs all day, but when he needed to sling the ball into a tight window, he'd check down to a RB because he can't make those throws.

I'm not saying Wilson doesn't put enough velocity on his throws; by all accounts he does. I'm just saying in a general quarterbacking sense.

So, you're saying you're not saying?

I'm going to say it. I think Russell Wilson is going to be an elite QB. Just an opinion, but it's mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're saying you're not saying?

I'm going to say it. I think Russell Wilson is going to be an elite QB. Just an opinion, but it's mine.

He looks and acts like a kid that has a good head on his shoulders and will win more games because of his football intelligence than because of arm strength. Some of the top quarterbacks in the league are not known as gun slingers like Peyton, Tom, and Brees.