• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin is gonna be a problem next year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well then I wonder what that makes Krapernick then?:lame:

Currently? More effective than Wilson from the pocket. It remains to be seen if that will last. Wilson made a few nice plays from the pocket yesterday, but nothing to get too excited about. He was solid, and made some plays on third down to keep drives alive, but any QB could have won this one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wilson is the new Trent Dilfer.

Only in that his team asked him to do very little during their stretch run. Comparing Dilfer and Wilson as QBs is ridiculous. Especially from someone who is so enamored with Kaepernick.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. Imagine how good they'll be with Harvin and Rice back. Even without them, they won the Super Bowl with probably the worst tandem of receivers in the NFL. The Niners are going to have to be on their game next year. No more ridiculously predictable offense.

I can't see Rice coming back on that contract. If he doesn't restructure, he's gone.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krapernick is more effective in the pocket because he has the best OL in the game. Wilson is usually running for his life from the snap. Yesterday he had more time than in any game of his pro career and he was on the money on almost every throw.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krapernick is more effective in the pocket because he has the best OL in the game. Wilson is usually running for his life from the snap. Yesterday he had more time than in any game of his pro career and he was on the money on almost every throw.

Best OL in the game? You don't watch our games. Wilson was average. Congrats on the Super Bowl win. Go celebrate and troll somewhere else

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
125 QB rating, so average.

In this game? Absolutely. He had 94 yards on 14 attempts in the first half. He had one pass for more than 10 yards among those 14 attempts - granted that one was a very nice deep ball to Baldwin for 37. They were up by 29 when he first touched the ball in the second half, and STs and the D had effectively accounted for 19 of those (actually scored 16, and gave the Hawks the ball well in Denver territory once to credit them with three more). He attempted 11 passes in the second half, as Denver was selling out to stop the run. His receivers broke multiple tackles on both of his short TD passes.

Look, I'm certainly not taking anything away from the kid's performance, or don't mean to. He played a very solid all-around game. But it isn't like he went out and dominated.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this game? Absolutely. He had 94 yards on 14 attempts in the first half. He had one pass for more than 10 yards among those 14 attempts - granted that one was a very nice deep ball to Baldwin for 37. They were up by 29 when he first touched the ball in the second half, and STs and the D had effectively accounted for 19 of those (actually scored 16, and gave the Hawks the ball well in Denver territory once to credit them with three more). He attempted 11 passes in the second half, as Denver was selling out to stop the run. His receivers broke multiple tackles on both of his short TD passes.

Look, I'm certainly not taking anything away from the kid's performance, or don't mean to. He played a very solid all-around game. But it isn't like he went out and dominated.

His stats were mop up stats. He made plays when the game was already decided and both scores were because denver can't tackle. He wasn't under any pressure. At one point he had dropped back something like 17 or 18 times, and had 1 QB pressure. tebow could have put up a rating of 125 yesterday. Like you said, not trying to knock the guy, just don't want to overstate the game he had.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As to the op, the Niners need some speed like Harvin. What a difference it can make as you saw last night. But our folks don't seem to see the need or the use. We got nothing out of Ginn as a wr and then he has a big year with Carolina. And his returns would have been real helpful for us this year.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the op, the Niners need some speed like Harvin. What a difference it can make as you saw last night. But our folks don't seem to see the need or the use. We got nothing out of Ginn as a wr and then he has a big year with Carolina. And his returns would have been real helpful for us this year.

Even though I think CB is a bigger need for the Niners, they MUST address the WR position at the coaching and evaluation level. I think Patton is going to be solid, but they have too many swing and misses, and seem clueless how to use them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats were mop up stats. He made plays when the game was already decided and both scores were because denver can't tackle. He wasn't under any pressure. At one point he had dropped back something like 17 or 18 times, and had 1 QB pressure. tebow could have put up a rating of 125 yesterday. Like you said, not trying to knock the guy, just don't want to overstate the game he had.

He did have a pretty good third-down conversion rate; to begin the game he was 4/4. I don't know where he ended up, but he did start out well, before the game was decided. However, that start led to field goals.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin won't play more than 4 games next year so how is he a problem?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I think CB is a bigger need for the Niners, they MUST address the WR position at the coaching and evaluation level. I think Patton is going to be solid, but they have too many swing and misses, and seem clueless how to use them.

I agree that CB is a much bigger need, but they still have to address WR.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have a pretty good third-down conversion rate; to begin the game he was 4/4. I don't know where he ended up, but he did start out well, before the game was decided. However, that start led to field goals.

You're right. He was really solid on 3rd down and that was huge. But I don't think he affected the outcome of the game, and denver never even got close enough to put a finger on him. I honestly, barely remember seattle having the ball on offense. Their defense just completely dominated the game, better than I have seen in a long time in regards to a Superbowl. seattle oline deserves a lot of credit in pass protection.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin won't play more than 4 games next year so how is he a problem?

I think he will play more than 4 games, but the physical play in the division will take its toll. However, he is a game changer and a player that the Niners do not have in their roster.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. He was really solid on 3rd down and that was huge. But I don't think he affected the outcome of the game, and denver never even got close enough to put a finger on him. I honestly, barely remember seattle having the ball on offense. Their defense just completely dominated the game, better than I have seen in a long time in regards to a Superbowl. seattle oline deserves a lot of credit in pass protection.

Yeah, I don't think that he was the reason they won, but a lot of opportunities to contribute early were taken away by the defense scoring or getting short fields. That's more credit to the defense than blame to Wilson for not contributing. Yes, that allowed his two touchdowns perhaps, either by short fields or by lessening the pressure. However, if Malcolm Smith intercepted the ball and went down, maybe Wilson scores a touchdown instead of the pick six? Maybe he throws interception? The point is we have a team where people will criticize our quarterbacks for their lack of production when the critics have a lack of contextual understanding demonstrated in their comments.

I am not a fan nor hater of Wilson's; in fact, I was worrying about them giving him the MVP for the game when he clearly did not deserve it. I just am wary of people using the team against the quarterback when the quarterback would have had to go against the gameplan, playcall (coach), or the strength of the team to "contribute" more.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is a Bust for the amount that Seattle gave him.