• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin is gonna be a problem next year.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers will need to account for Harvin next year in their planning, but we have to get better in the secondary. This is two years in a row where I think the secondary let us down, between letting Flacco and Boldin from the year before going nuts and this year not even getting to Lynch on that 4th down TD run and letting the 4th down TD pass happen.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The 49ers will need to account for Harvin next year in their planning, but we have to get better in the secondary. This is two years in a row where I think the secondary let us down, between letting Flacco and Boldin from the year before going nuts and this year not even getting to Lynch on that 4th down TD run and letting the 4th down TD pass happen.

But if you ask some people on these boards, they will still blame Kap for the loss. Giving up a 4th down is bad enough. Giving up TDs on not one but TWO 4th downs is simply inexcusable.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, as cocky as they are as a team, complacency will be a huge issue for them IMO.

This is Carroll we're talking about. Complacency wont be a problem.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harvin is a huge problem for our defense with the current guys in our secondary.

Obviously the draft and FA will change things but as a defense we've been terrible at covering guys like Harvin and Amendola.

We're going to need to draft a corner that can keep up with not just Harvin but Austin as well and Fangio is going to have to get better at stopping those stupid completions in the 10 yard range that we can never seem to cover even when 3 guys are in the area.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harvin is a huge problem for our defense with the current guys in our secondary.

Obviously the draft and FA will change things but as a defense we've been terrible at covering guys like Harvin and Amendola.

We're going to need to draft a corner that can keep up with not just Harvin but Austin as well and Fangio is going to have to get better at stopping those stupid completions in the 10 yard range that we can never seem to cover even when 3 guys are in the area.

It's part of Fangio's scheme to keep the receivers in front of the DBs so we don't get burned by the big play. This is why true shutdown corners will be rendered useless in his system. A DB with good burst and closing speed is slightly more useful than having elite coverage skills.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is Carroll we're talking about. Complacency wont be a problem.

I agree about complacency shouldn't be an issue though I think it does seep into every team a little bit after they win it all since it's just human nature to be just a little less motivated after you reach the peak.

Salary cap is going to be Seattle biggest enemy as guys are due to get paid soon and Earl Thomas is going to want top S dollar as will Sherman who will want top CB money. Wilson will be right behind them wanting top QB money.

This is where Harvin is a blessing and a curse to the Seahawks because he came on the cheap for this season but his cap number shoots up to 11 million for next season and the draft picks given up to acquire him were cheap 4 year help lost.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is the new Trent Dilfer.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with that. He has more mobility and he throws well when he scrambles. He keeps a lot of plays going when his protection breaks down. He's not as dynamic and athletic as Kaepernick, but he also doesn't make the mistakes that Kap does. You can call him average or game manager, but he has a Super Bowl ring and Kap has none. It's all about championships.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this dude is ridiculous, when healthy he makes a rather pedestrian Seattle offense so much more dangerous. I hope we have an answer for him next season.

Agreed. Imagine how good they'll be with Harvin and Rice back. Even without them, they won the Super Bowl with probably the worst tandem of receivers in the NFL. The Niners are going to have to be on their game next year. No more ridiculously predictable offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since his stats in every category were better than Kaepernick's I guess that Makes Kaepernick the next John Skelton.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Imagine how good they'll be with Harvin and Rice back. Even without them, they won the Super Bowl with probably the worst tandem of receivers in the NFL. The Niners are going to have to be on their game next year. No more ridiculously predictable offense.

Do you mean no more running Gore between the tackles on 2nd and 10?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give him this... he has a really good chemistry (for lack of a better word) with his receivers. When he is in trouble and scrambles there is always a guy getting open somewhere and he hits them. The 49ers don't seem to have that dynamic yet, although there has been a lot of turnaround at the position.

He has a great arm and, unlike Kaepernick, uses the middle of the field. Look at what Wilson does with probably the worst set of receivers in the NFL.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Reid can get better with his angles, I think he can keep harvin under wraps

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is nothing special. Not worried about him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since his stats in every category were better than Kaepernick's I guess that Makes Kaepernick the next John Skelton.

There will never be another John Skelton. (No, I'm not agreeing with you, just a joke.)