• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

People that root for a team they have no affiliation with

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all entitled to our opinion on what we think is lame.

For me, being a t shirt bandwagon fan of a certain type is fucking lame and in a lot of cases screams insecurity, jealousy, resentment and a whole slew of other things.

and Honestly, I really could care less if you don't like my opinion.

You seem very insecure and resentful. Why do you care who we cheer for.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Authority View Post
I think we are all entitled to our opinion on what we think is lame.

For me, being a t shirt bandwagon fan of a certain type is fucking lame and in a lot of cases screams insecurity, jealousy, resentment and a whole slew of other things.

and Honestly, I really could care less if you don't like my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Authority View Post
Let me also point out, that I don't think pro sports falls in the same realm as College Sports.

IMO, Picking a random pro team is more tolerant than someone who picks a random College Team to root for just because their fragile little ego needs to be associated with something that exhibits success.

At the core, College sports are about the University and those that ignore that part of it are a disgrace.

So you admit to putting words in my mouth. Good!

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was not born in Nebraska. Did not attend the University of Nebraska, and have never even lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.

However, I've been a Nebraska fan since about 1970.

Only a douche would think I don't have a right to chose what my favorite team is.

Where are you from ?

Do you have any family from Nebraska?

Any connection at all ?

You have every right to choose whatever you want in life. Just know under certain circumstances I might consider you a giant douche yourself.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to cheer for a team you have no affiliation with? Great, go for it. Not everyone is lucky enough to live in my city :evil:

however, if you cheer for a team you have no affiliation with and use that as justification for making fun of the actual school/city/state then you are a loser. You can make fun of rival teams en sech, but to say "my" school is better than yours when you actually have no skin in the game other than "i like their colors or that they win" is stupid.

:10::10::10::10::10::10:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in L.A. and support most Los Angeles teams. Since I've lived in Dallas I also support the Rangers and Mavs. I couldn't care less what some scrub from Cincy thinks.

I promise that.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem very insecure and resentful. Why do you care who we cheer for.

I don't care who you cheer for.

I just think in certain circumstances picking a random college that you have zero ties to is lame.

Now Notre Dame is a different animal IMO. To me, being catholic could be considered a tie and I give a pass for that. Its kind of boarder line.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think in certain circumstances picking a random college that you have zero ties to is lame.

Now Notre Dame is a different animal IMO. To me, being catholic could be considered a tie and I give a pass for that. Its kind of boarder line.

Who has zero ties to anything... havent we learned anything by playing 6 degrees of kevin Bacon...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit to putting words in my mouth. Good!

So fucking lame with fragile little egos, and a disgrace, can't be reasonably paraphrased as pathetic?

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM won the "argument".
Sorry Authority, you did say argument, so no one is putting words in your mouth. It might be your foot that is confusing you.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has zero ties to anything... havent we learned anything by playing 6 degrees of kevin Bacon...

I know several that have zero ties but buy the t shirts and puff their chests because their initial team sucks.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fucking lame with fragile little egos, and a disgrace, can't be reasonably paraphrased as pathetic?

You are making up your own context to what I am even talking about.

READ Dammit and quit making up shit.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I read this thread, I've come to realize that the OP is the best fan in the world at supporting his hometown teams and also using this as a way to boost his ego. :L

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM won the "argument".
Sorry Authority, you did say argument, so no one is putting words in your mouth. It might be your foot that is confusing you.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

He said that I was attacking people that never attended the school they root for.

That has never been my stance ever.

apparently you can't read either.

My stance is zero ties.

IMO a tie could be:

Geography Based
Relative Based
obviously attending said school

It doesnt' mean you have to have gone to the school or any school for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elephant in the room is that winning builds fanbases.

If your team doesn't win, you likely have a small fanbase. The Cubs are a weird exception. If your team does win, you likely have a larger fanbase directly proportional to the amount of winning that your team has done.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. The Authority has a tiny fragile ego.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that I was attacking people that never attended the school they root for.

That has never been my stance ever.

apparently you can't read either.

My stance is zero ties.

IMO a tie could be:

Geography Based
Relative Based
obviously attending said school

It doesnt' mean you have to have gone to the school or any school for that matter.

My quote applies identically to your broadened stance of ties.

You are a shitty fan if you question someone's fandom based on your opinion of their ties to your school.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I read this thread, I've come to realize that the OP is the best fan in the world at supporting his hometown teams and also using this as a way to boost his ego. :L

You gotta be a great fan to root for all things Cincinnati. We suck clear across the board.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I.E. - You didn't attend that school. You weren't born and raised in their vicinity. Your children do not attend that school.

You people....that's right YOU PEOPLE...you irk me to no end.

This applies to pro sports as well.

07.gif

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he'd never left his home state...

"i like their colors"

was a guy on the CBS boards named SPARTYPANTS. said he lived in "rural" West Virginia (rural? WV? haha). his profile was anything but 'rural' - sporting far-flung favorites SD Chargers, Baltimore Orioles, Denver Nuggets and...Michigan State University. guy came on like gangbusters, primarily on the CBB boards, touting MSU and trolling everybody else...earned universal hatred, and a particularly-nasty backlash against Spartan Nation - despite virtually every other Spartan fan's vehement disassociation from such an asshole troll. shit went on for a week or so, then

during one exchange, I asked SPARTYPANTS: "wtf, why MSU?"
the answer?: "I like their colors."

was like watching someone mistakenly self-eviscerate on national teevee.:lol:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I take it that BYU gets the same pass that ND gets.