• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible lines.

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Adams - Vitale - TK

That combination has made the most sense since forever, everyone is playing their best position and the lines are balanced and have speed, scoring, and defense components.

you would break up dupuis and crosby? i would've thought that pairing was set in diamond encrusted stone at this point

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would break up dupuis and crosby? i would've thought that pairing was set in diamond encrusted stone at this point

Haha, yea I don't get why that combo can't be touched.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great analysis of MAF on Vancouver radio by ingoalmag creator Kevin Woodley if anyone wants to listen to the podcast ... how he chases the play and completely overpursues pucks and that is an easily fixable solve

who is the current pens goalie coach?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, yea I don't get why that combo can't be touched.

i dno, tough to argue with success.. i really dont think dupuis is a real gifted hockey player, but with cros he produces like a mad-man and that confidence can carry over if cros is out of the lineup..

take him away from his butt buddy though and he might pout (had to :))

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dno, tough to argue with success.. i really dont think dupuis is a real gifted hockey player, but with cros he produces like a mad-man and that confidence can carry over if cros is out of the lineup..

Insert witty joke regarding the Flyers and their golf plans here.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great analysis of MAF on Vancouver radio by ingoalmag creator Kevin Woodley if anyone wants to listen to the podcast ... how he chases the play and completely overpursues pucks and that is an easily fixable solve

who is the current pens goalie coach?

Giles Meloche, and yea that is patently obvious that he over commits, and has weird goals against him because he is in terrible position. But when he is going good he doesn't do any of it.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I somewhat agree, but is it really worth putting other guys out of position for a 'not so gifted hockey player?'

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace Cooke with Jokinen and element has the perfect lineup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree, but is it really worth putting other guys out of position for a 'not so gifted hockey player?'

i dont do a very good job of keeping track of which side wingers play, but it looks like from your lineup vs the lineup that neal and cooke are just on the wrong sides.. thats not TOO terrible of a change for most people.. i dont watch enough, does that effect neal a lot? (cooke can pretty much do what he does from either side i would think)

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont do a very good job of keeping track of which side wingers play, but it looks like from your lineup vs the lineup that neal and cooke are just on the wrong sides.. thats not TOO terrible of a change for most people.. i dont watch enough, does that effect neal a lot? (cooke can pretty much do what he does from either side i would think)

In both of their cases, yea I think it does. Neal's strength is the one timer, much easier to get that off from the right side than the left. Not that guys stick to that side exclusively when actual play is going on, but with Iginia and Neal both being better at RW and on the same line, they both seem to gravitate towards that side, whether intentional or not.

For Cooke, he just straight up hasn't played well as a RW, don't know if he is having trouble hitting guys or taking the puck off the boards on the opposite side, but it just isn't working.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In both of their cases, yea I think it does. Neal's strength is the one timer, much easier to get that off from the right side than the left. Not that guys stick to that side exclusively when actual play is going on, but with Iginia and Neal both being better at RW and on the same line, they both seem to gravitate towards that side, whether intentional or not.

For Cooke, he just straight up hasn't played well as a RW, don't know if he is having trouble hitting guys or taking the puck off the boards on the opposite side, but it just isn't working.

I think Cooke's problem has been the speed of the game. He did catch Carkner though.:clap:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cooke's problem has been the speed of the game. He did catch Carkner though.:clap:

That's fair, but sometimes you slow down just by having to take that extra second to get comfortable to where you are on the ice.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, but sometimes you slow down just by having to take that extra second to get comfortable to where you are on the ice.

The Islanders have to play a speed game. It makes it tougher for the Pens vets like Iginla, Morrow, Cooke amongst others. It also makes it tougher for Bylsma to double shift Crosby & Malkin. I think Kennedy should be inserted into the Pens lineup because he can flat out skate.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Islanders have to play a speed game. It makes it tougher for the Pens vets like Iginla, Morrow, Cooke amongst others. It also makes it tougher for Bylsma to double shift Crosby & Malkin. I think Kennedy should be inserted into the Pens lineup because he can flat out skate.

I agree, they haven't adjusted the speed of their game like the Islanders have.

It looks like TK and Vitale are in for Glass and Jokinen, so that definitely brings more speed to the lineup.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they haven't adjusted the speed of their game like the Islanders have.

It looks like TK and Vitale are in for Glass and Jokinen, so that definitely brings more speed to the lineup.

Smart move on TK. I haven't seen enough of Vitale to really have much of an opinion on him.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokinen in for Cooke. There's another speed boost right there.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move on TK. I haven't seen enough of Vitale to really have much of an opinion on him.

Essentially the same, but with less hands than TK. They wear similar numbers too, you won't be able to tell them apart on the ice.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially the same, but with less hands than TK. They wear similar numbers too, you won't be able to tell them apart on the ice.

Unless you look at the nose! jk....

Seriously I like those adjustments and your thoughts on the lines, right now something needs to be done. As little as I like Kennedy they need that speed in the lineup.