• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooooooh baby! *best Cole voice*

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many games before Cooke tries to take out Tavares?
:D

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, now...the only one we're angry with is that fool who CLEARLY acted with intent in deflecting the puck into Crosby's jaw.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive got to put this somewhere. I predict the Penguins will win the Stanley Cup over Chicago in 7 games with Iginla scoring the OT winner from of course Crosby......

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, now...the only one we're angry with is that fool who CLEARLY acted with intent in deflecting the puck into Crosby's jaw.

Visnovsky is a beauty & guess what the Isles resigned him for the next 2 years.:D:

I fully expect the Penguins to win this series. This is all about the Isles gaining experience. I'm hoping to see the Isles win at least 1 game.

The great thing for the Isles is they have NOTHING TO LOSE. Just like the last time they faced the Penguins in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visnovsky is a beauty & guess what the Isles resigned him for the next 2 years.:D:

I fully expect the Penguins to win this series. This is all about the Isles gaining experience. I'm hoping to see the Isles win at least 1 game.

The great thing for the Isles is they have NOTHING TO LOSE. Just like the last time they faced the Penguins in the playoffs.

Between this and their team speed, I'm nervous about facing the Isles.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many games before Cooke tries to take out Tavares?

Let him try. The last time the Penguins pissed off the Isles Steigerwald & Errey went nuts in the broadcast booth because the Isles took no prisoners in the final game of the season & BEAT THE SHIT out of the Penguins. Mario whined & cried to anyone & everyone who would listen. Wang paid his 100K fine without a word & let Garth tell the World how proud they were of the team because they stood up for themselves. In fact the Isles wanted to show the game on the big screen so fans could come watch it again at the NVMC with all proceeds going to the Isles charity. Bettman stepped in & said no you can't do that.:lame:

BRING IT ON!! IT'S PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS GO ISLES!!!!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken Parm with the apple...

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's really the key...I mentioned it in another thread, but the first year after a drought is pretty important, and facing this team could go a long way for their confidence, whether this year or next. I say this goes 6. As far as gooning it up goes, most of the guys involved in the ruckus are gone. Heck, it centered on DP and Brent Johnson the game before, both gone. Then it was Gillies, Tangradi, Goddard, Talbot, Matt Martin. Martin's the only one still around either team. This series will be physical, but that's not at all what worries me. If the Pens can limit the PP opportunities I think they'll win. THAT is the key to this series for them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many games before Cooke tries to grab Tavares' junk?

FTFY

Chicken Parm with the apple...

papa_murphys_jack-o-lantern_pizza.jpg

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really the key...I mentioned it in another thread, but the first year after a drought is pretty important, and facing this team could go a long way for their confidence, whether this year or next. I say this goes 6. As far as gooning it up goes, most of the guys involved in the ruckus are gone. Heck, it centered on DP and Brent Johnson the game before, both gone. Then it was Gillies, Tangradi, Goddard, Talbot, Matt Martin. Martin's the only one still around either team. This series will be physical, but that's not at all what worries me. If the Pens can limit the PP opportunities I think they'll win. THAT is the key to this series for them.

I don't expect either team to goon it up. In the playoffs there isn't much fighting. I don't think this Penguins team is as talented as the one the Isles beat back in the early 90's, but they're damn close. I expect the Penguins to win it in 5 games. I want the upset so bad, but I'm a realist & realize the stars have to be aligned & a miracle must take place. Fortunately MIRACLES do happen.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect 1st round match-up for Pittsburgh. No grudges from the oppostion, like an Ottawa or the Rags.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him try. The last time the Penguins pissed off the Isles Steigerwald & Errey went nuts in the broadcast booth because the Isles took no prisoners in the final game of the season & BEAT THE SHIT out of the Penguins. Mario whined & cried to anyone & everyone who would listen. Wang paid his 100K fine without a word & let Garth tell the World how proud they were of the team because they stood up for themselves. In fact the Isles wanted to show the game on the big screen so fans could come watch it again at the NVMC with all proceeds going to the Isles charity. Bettman stepped in & said no you can't do that.:lame:

BRING IT ON!! IT'S PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!
That game was the most exciting thing that happened on Long Island in 15yrs. Garth being proud of Gillies after running Tangradi and knocking him out cold. Then repeatedly punching him in the face while he's knocked out. Yeah...real tough.

That's something definitely to be proud of. :rollseyes:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question in this one for me is which MAF shows up? Is it last year's playoff MAF, or is it 2008 MAF?

If it's last year's, the Pens may as well start polishing the golf clubs.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a perfect matchup for the Isles, young team that doesn't know any better, nobody expects them to win, they can just be loosey-goosey and see what happens.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Dash, you could have said that if the Isles were facing the Habs, Bruins or Capitals.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Dash, you could have said that if the Isles were facing the Habs, Bruins or Capitals.

Yeah, that's true, although all the so-called pundits up here in the Great White North are already putting the Pens in the Stanley Cup final. I expect the Pens to advance over the Isles, but if the Isles can somehow force a game 7, man oh man, it's going to be one hell of a game.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question in this one for me is which MAF shows up? Is it last year's playoff MAF, or is it 2008 MAF?

If it's last year's, the Pens may as well start polishing the golf clubs.
Yes, MAF did not play well but the D's play in front of him was definitely nothing to write home about. They were awful.