• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins offseason thread

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a goaltender...the best in Pens history. No need to change.

Glad to see KNeel gone and I like the 2 players but expected a bit more

I would've liked to have at least switched draft picks with the deal but oh well. I like Kapanen, I think he will make us all forget about Neal in the coming years.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The continued talk of Connor McDavid is making me hate Cononr McDavid.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some GM is going to block that move! better start looking for the next starting goalie

How is a GM going to block that move? All we have to do is suck and let the lottery ball fall into play.

:finger2: that GM!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....by some other team sucking worse.

where did you find the avatar?

True, someone could suck worse, but if Sid or Geno go down, we have a good shot.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other avatar.....as in #1 sign

The middle finger?

It's one of the smiley's…

If you quote it you could see the code for it…

: finger2 :

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, what do you guys think about our other draft picks…

Sam Lafferty
Anthony Angello
Jaden Lindo
Jeff Taylor

Toddyd77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Neal deal is a little lackluster. Are the Pens a deeper team. Eh yeah but the return for Neal should have been better. If you look at what Philly got when they traded Richards and Carter You have to thnk the Pens should have got a draft pick or prospect as well.
Richards - Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn and a 2nd round
Carter- Jacob Vorachek 1st round and a 3rd round

Neal is the same caliber they were when they were traded and doesn't come with a 11-12 year contract that Carter and Richards had when they were traded. Neal's cap hit is also smaller.
But overall this trade is kind of a wash until we see how Hornqvist plays with Sid or Geno. He is a more complete player than Neal.

I like the Pens draft. Kapanen will be fun to watch in a couple years and adding some more big forwards to the prospect pool doesn't hurt. Jaden Lindo could be a steal as a knee injury cut short and derailed what was looking to be a strong season for him.

Pens Draft Weekend Recap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the Penguins are interested in Kulemin in free agency. They'll have to move some money around to make room, but he would be a fantastic winger for Geno. He's defensively responsible, a great puck possession forward, and he and Geno have chemistry from international play and their squad in Magnitogorsk.

I would love if we landed him on a reasonable contract so long as there was ample cap room to fill the rest of the roster.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Neal deal is a little lackluster. Are the Pens a deeper team. Eh yeah but the return for Neal should have been better. If you look at what Philly got when they traded Richards and Carter You have to thnk the Pens should have got a draft pick or prospect as well.
Richards - Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn and a 2nd round
Carter- Jacob Vorachek 1st round and a 3rd round

Neal is the same caliber they were when they were traded and doesn't come with a 11-12 year contract that Carter and Richards had when they were traded. Neal's cap hit is also smaller.
But overall this trade is kind of a wash until we see how Hornqvist plays with Sid or Geno. He is a more complete player than Neal.

I like the Pens draft. Kapanen will be fun to watch in a couple years and adding some more big forwards to the prospect pool doesn't hurt. Jaden Lindo could be a steal as a knee injury cut short and derailed what was looking to be a strong season for him.

Pens Draft Weekend Recap.

I agree, we should've gotten something to build on, not just depth pieces.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the Penguins are interested in Kulemin in free agency. They'll have to move some money around to make room, but he would be a fantastic winger for Geno. He's defensively responsible, a great puck possession forward, and he and Geno have chemistry from international play and their squad in Magnitogorsk.

I would love if we landed him on a reasonable contract so long as there was ample cap room to fill the rest of the roster.

Would be nice, but like you said we gotta move some contracts and who is really moveable at this point? We'll have to find some real suckers to take some of our contracts off our hands.

Toddyd77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defenceman, a 4th line forward and for some reason a backup goalie. Unless there is some grand plan i'm not seeing this is a Rutherford epic fail.
:doh:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erhoff has a huge shot from the point, great signing.

Comeau has size and is willing to use the body, good 4th liner, and he has scored goals in this league.

Greiss not sure about it, but if they move Zatkoff it makes more sense.

Honestly, if they land a top six forward, GMJR just killed free agency.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is not Shero's Penguins anymore. To be honest I would not have predicted any of those signings outside resigning Goc.

I still can't believe what Engelland and Orpik got in FA's, I guess there is still hope a team will take on Scuderi after all.