• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 13 (Dec 29 - Jan 4)

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beau gets one game under his belt then he ruffles and chips up again

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett will help, health aside, when he does play he is good, can create his own shots, and is sneaky physical and a good forechecker. There is definitely a difference between a Farnham/Klinkhammer forcheck, which is a punishment hit. And a skilled guy like Bennett/Hornqvist/Comeau who can hit someone and take the puck away with possession. I think that element is sorely missing right now on the Pens. They are skating around hard, but have no ability to take a puck away or hold onto it.

You can't plan long term for him, because he gets injured so often, but any time he is healthy he is an upgrade to that lineup.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I don't bank on him to be in a lineup, unless it's to see the trainer/physician.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we could beat the Carolina Hurricanes at least? Doubt it but it would be nice.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Cam Ward looks like he's in 2006 mode whenever he plays against us.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens win!

Happy 2015 everybody!

:suds:

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same to you and all the faithful. Good way to ring out the old year. :suds:

I liked the way Johnston put Malkin and Crosby on the same line. It gave the Pens 3 good lines instead of just the two when he split them up. It helped Kunitz to get away from them too. Beau with 2 assists, both nice set ups in his first game back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett looked great. Sid and Geno were pretty dynamic together, too, and having some stability with Ehrhoff back on the blueline helped, as well. But Fleury stole the show. He was fantastic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beau Bennett's real and actual New Year's resolution is to "play ten games in a row."

I feel bad for the kid. He obviously just wants to play. I guess when he went down with the knee earlier this year, he was in a really bad mental place, really down on himself and his luck. When he got the mumps, he called it "relatively enjoyable" in comparison to the rest of his injury trouble.

But I need to actually hear the "ten games in a row" interview, because just reading it, I don't know if he's making a joke at his own expense, of if he's genuinely bitter about it. Probably, though, it's some combination of both.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope they don't offer him an extension, we have enough Scuderi's on the team.
I'm not sure Doobs. Erhoff started out bad, but his play picked up. A two year extension for a reasonable price wouldn't be too bad. Especially if it means we are rid of Martin. I just do not like the way Martin plays, it reminds me too much of Gonchar.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Doobs. Erhoff started out bad, but his play picked up. A two year extension for a reasonable price wouldn't be too bad. Especially if it means we are rid of Martin. I just do not like the way Martin plays, it reminds me too much of Gonchar.

I just get sick of giving these contracts to old guys when we have all these young guys in the system, what a waste of talent :gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get sick of giving these contracts to old guys when we have all these young guys in the system, what a waste of talent :gaah:

Well, Martin isn't likely to be back next year, and I'm sure the Pens will be looking for ways to get rid of Scuderi, as well, if possible. Letang, Maatta, and Despres are locks for next year, probably Pouliot, too. But holding onto Ehrhoff for a couple years means 1) only one of Harrington or Dumoulin needs to work out, 2) it gives us another year or two to sort through possible problems in their games, and 3) if both work out, Ehrhoff will be a tradeable asset with good value (assuming the contract is reasonable).

Using prospects to keep costs down is a good move, but you also can't count on all of them working out, so it's a good idea to have a sure thing on the roster just in case.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Martin isn't likely to be back next year, and I'm sure the Pens will be looking for ways to get rid of Scuderi, as well, if possible. Letang, Maatta, and Despres are locks for next year, probably Pouliot, too. But holding onto Ehrhoff for a couple years means 1) only one of Harrington or Dumoulin needs to work out, 2) it gives us another year or two to sort through possible problems in their games, and 3) if both work out, Ehrhoff will be a tradeable asset with good value (assuming the contract is reasonable).

Using prospects to keep costs down is a good move, but you also can't count on all of them working out, so it's a good idea to have a sure thing on the roster just in case.

IDK if Ehrhoff is a sure thing tho, he's not the Ehrhoff of 2011 anymore, that's for sure.