• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Payton suspended a year

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think the saints fire payton? Missing a whole yr is bad enough plus the fact that it might we wise to make everything clean and get rid of everything? Heck maybe even loomis and the asistant need to go.

I was thinking the same thing. If this were college it would be a for sure that they would be gone.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your questions Crimson.

No the suspension is not immediate on Loomis. He'll still get to run the draft.

Yes players will be punished, when I do not know. Vilma will be in trouble.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Posted this in the thread Dodub started. Anyone know the answers?

Hurts two teams in our conference, and one in our division. No complaints here. It will be interesting to see what the Saints do this year. If Brees is disgruntled at all, their season could be down the drain.

Does anyone know if Loomis' suspension is effective immediately? Or does it start with the season? Can he participate in FA and the draft? If so, the suspension doesn't seem terribly harsh for a guy who explicitly ignored an order from his owner and continued to permit the program.

An does this mean no players will be fined or suspended?

That will come out at a later date as the NFL is now working through the issue with the NFLPA.

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for them. I dont feel sorry for them. Not one bit.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steep penalty for Payton. Much as I hate the arrrogant piece of shit, the penalty was too much and will surely be reduced upon appeal. Goodell is such a hypocrite.

In this instance how so? Goodell has been very strict imposing harsh penalties on players(ask James Harrison). So how is handing down this punishment on a system designed to hurt players hypocritical?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in the thread Dodub started. Anyone know the answers?

Hurts two teams in our conference, and one in our division. No complaints here. It will be interesting to see what the Saints do this year. If Brees is disgruntled at all, their season could be down the drain.

Does anyone know if Loomis' suspension is effective immediately? Or does it start with the season? Can he participate in FA and the draft? If so, the suspension doesn't seem terribly harsh for a guy who explicitly ignored an order from his owner and continued to permit the program.

An does this mean no players will be fined or suspended?

In the Schefter interview, Goodell said he was waiting for the NFLPA to finish conducting a separate investigation before acting.

I would wholeheartedly expect minimum 4-game suspensions for guys like Vilma.

The Saints might not recover from this for a while.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Goodell represents the owners. Why would they get rid of him for enforcing their rules?

Exactly. I hate when people try to make Godell the bad guy when he's just doing his job.

Maybe he should be like Bud Selig and just let the inmates run the asylum?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This issue isn't going to go away anytime soon. Goodell sounded like the Angel of Death in his interview. The Saints are up shit creek without a paddle. Players will definitely face suspensions, and the most egregious offenders could be out of the league altogether.

I gotta wonder how Brees is going to look at those guys in the locker room after this. How could he not have a bullseye on his back now?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this instance how so? Goodell has been very strict imposing harsh penalties on players(ask James Harrison). So how is handing down this punishment on a system designed to hurt players hypocritical?

In my opinion for two reasons. First, I don't think he is really all that concerned about "player safety". I think he is concerned about the league's meal ticket; the quarterbacks. Second, and more important to the hypocrisy angle, he makes huge, huge profits off of the violence and crushing hits the NFL provides for its audience but then condemns the players for dishing out that violence. This seems a bit hypocritical to me. I despise Payton and Williams but I also think Goodell is disengenuous as well.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion for two reasons. First, I don't think he is really all that concerned about "player safety". I think he is concerned about the league's meal ticket; the quarterbacks. Second, and more important to the hypocrisy angle, he makes huge, huge profits off of the violence and crushing hits the NFL provides for its audience but then condemns the players for dishing out that violence. This seems a bit hypocritical to me. I despise Payton and Williams but I also think Goodell is disengenuous as well.

Which is why every DB is getting fined for hitting anyone over the middle?

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Not sure how others feel, but I absolutely do not watch the nfl for the hits/violence.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why every DB is getting fined for hitting anyone over the middle?

Good point. Too bad you couldn't resist using the fool's response of sarcasm.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how others feel, but I absolutely do not watch the nfl for the hits/violence.

seriously, they were talking about this on the radio today.....and local meathead Larry Krueger was saying the NFL is popular because of violence and gambling. Maybe for he and his fellow meatheads that is true, but I can't believe the overall numbers are all that high for either.

Just in my own experience, between the people I know and interact with online, I don't see too many people like that....most are more into the skill, strategy, etc.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are kidding yourself if you think anyone would watch if they went to flags instead of tackling. It is the violence that attracts the fans.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, they were talking about this on the radio today.....and local meathead Larry Krueger was saying the NFL is popular because of violence and gambling. Maybe for he and his fellow meatheads that is true, but I can't believe the overall numbers are all that high for either.

Just in my own experience, between the people I know and interact with online, I don't see too many people like that....most are more into the skill, strategy, etc.

I cannot believe that. As I said, if they went to flags you'd probably see even more skill and strategy but CBS wouldn't be paying billions of dollars to televise the games if they did. I guarantee it is the violence that sells just like with this new ultimate fighting nonsense. No one admires the skill of a boxer anymore. They want to see someone get crushed.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this makes our 2012 schedule just a little bit less rough. I imagine that harsh punishments will come down on the players, too, such as Jonathan Vilma.