• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Payton suspended a year

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But I should add.....you'll never see another bounty, nor NFL player at a dog fight, for a while. Goodell gets his messages across.

And I was thinking....this isn't just a message to the players and teams. He's also sending a message to his wife, kids, neighbors, business associations - do not ever fuck with me or I will destroy you.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most ridiculous, over excessive punishments I've ever seen. Absolutely disgusting that Roger Goodell let pussies in the media dictate how harsh he needed to come down on Payton and the Saints.

Two 2nd rounds pick and a Greg Williams suspension should've been enough.

Honestly, I don't care too much about the rightness or wrongness of the punishment. I'm glad the Saints are getting hammered like this. I never stopped hating that franchise when they were moved from the NFCW.

On a related note, did anybody hear Bobby Hebert this morning on Mike and Mike? He was running on and on about how great the Saints are because Payton and Brees share one mind, and they know what the other is always thinking. I think Hebert took several concussions too many when he was in the league. He sounded like he was on acid.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clyde, I'm wondering why you feel Payton didn't deserve a suspension?

Did you see the report that he emailed Williams before week 1 this year offering $5,000 for Aaron Rodgers? He clearly knew about it, and was involved in the (attempted) cover-up.

He knew about it, he was Williams' boss. He has to own it. Willful blindness is not an excuse, even if its true. But if he offered $5000 on Rodgers, he's just as responsible as Williams.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think bountygate is as as big a deal as everyone in the media is making it out to be. Two 2nd round picks I think punishes Payton enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio this morning that the reason the penalties are so harsh is because for the last 2 years each team was contacted at the start of the season and at thanksgiving to be reminded along with a poster to hang in the locker room about no bounties and the integrity of the game. So for the Saints to keep ignoring that it was kind of like them saying a big "fuck you" to the league.