• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people in general have overreacted to his Turkey day game against a shitty team whose defense has quit on their coach.

Dude is a damn good QB in those games. Teams with losing records at home. I think Paxton is going top 10. Stafford and the defense is trying to play us out of position.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't "Want" to replace Stafford cause he does have some great qualities that are hard to replace but he is so damn streaky.

well, I do because he is so streaky and it's now in year 7 and it's still going on. three different OC's (Linehan, Lombardi and now Cooter) and people still be drinking da kuhl-aide..

Teams have won with worse QB play than what Stafford has displayed. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson immediately come to mind. You can be a winning team with a very good to great defense if you can have a consistent average offense that has some shining moments.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a damn good QB in those games

yep. in those games. which is exactly my point. what about versus NE, other GB games (like in GB) at home against a TB or Buf or Bal that were winnable but didn't happen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many FA busts this year that I would be afraid to pay anyone at this point

unfortunately you're going to need a few FA's that fit the scheme for the new coach. if you wait to build only through the draft then you might as well trade Staff, CJ, Tate and Ebron this year just to attempt to get a jump start on potentially getting more picks that you might hit on and develop.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand from many of you is that you're still thinking or believing that this team can win with just a couple correct hits in FA and draft and still do this before Stafford's contract runs up by end of 2017.

This team isn't even close to that, IMO, with all the needs that exist. No sense in keeping Stafford for two more years when his highest value is right now versus having to either let him go for nothing in exchange or another extension for him. I'd absolutely hate the latter

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build through the draft is the way to go now that the rookie scale is in place.

I'm a huge believer in the draft but you will have to pick up a couple pieces from FA.

I will give Stafford the rest of this season to see if he learns to read a defense. This last game was the first time I have seen any signs of it.

It's his lack of reading a defense for SEVEN YEARS NOW on a consistent basis or at all in majority of games is another reason that he should be shown the door. If someone was willing to give up a 1st and 3rd in 2016 and a 2nd in 2017, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Maybe he brings in a Cutler type haul with two 1st and one 2nd. Houston, NYJets, Skins all have owners and HC's that would/could/might bite.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was working in BIG12 country... Musta been only games on??

sure. in this world where any US tv has multiple conference games being shown all day/night long

well, if he doesn't pan out then the blame can go my way

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELP, @Rollingthndr couldn't handle the heat, I guess.

Blue claims another victory.... Bama style

I'm heading out now that victory is claimed

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp... I can member who always claimed victory if you didn't reply?

Oh Blue, the hotel in Kansas only had rabbit ears.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I do because he is so streaky and it's now in year 7 and it's still going on. three different OC's (Linehan, Lombardi and now Cooter) and people still be drinking da kuhl-aide..

Teams have won with worse QB play than what Stafford has displayed. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson immediately come to mind. You can be a winning team with a very good to great defense if you can have a consistent average offense that has some shining moments.
Brad Johnson is 23rd ALLTIME in completion percentage. At the time of his retirement he was 7th, I believe.

Dude gets a bad rap....

Although #22 on the list..... Jay Cutler.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand from many of you is that you're still thinking or believing that this team can win with just a couple correct hits in FA and draft and still do this before Stafford's contract runs up by end of 2017.

This team isn't even close to that, IMO, with all the needs that exist. No sense in keeping Stafford for two more years when his highest value is right now versus having to either let him go for nothing in exchange or another extension for him. I'd absolutely hate the latter
So you don't like comp picks?

(That's a loaded question...)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many FA busts this year that I would be afraid to pay anyone at this point. Build through the draft is the way to go now that the rookie scale is in place.

I will give Stafford the rest of this season to see if he learns to read a defense. This last game was the first time I have seen any signs of it.

This last game was the first time all year he's had time to read a defense. I'm not sure if that will continue, but now that the line has had a few weeks to adjust to a new blocking scheme, maybe it's possible. We'll see Thursday night.