• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Bob Cooter. 3-1 as OC. With his clothes on.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many FA busts this year that I would be afraid to pay anyone at this point. Build through the draft is the way to go now that the rookie scale is in place.

I will give Stafford the rest of this season to see if he learns to read a defense. This last game was the first time I have seen any signs of it.

There were a bunch a of FA signings that worked also. It was the big money ones that are sticking in your head. Crabtree is going off in Oakland. Murray is avg 4.5 in a poor offense, James Jones was huge for GB early. The one big money guy who has produced numbers is Maclin. Not the TDs, but has been huge in their offense. Plus, look at Tyrunn Walker... Wait let me rethink this.

On the reading a defense. Not too many of the top QBs will give you that either. It's a crapshoot on whether they can or not. They don't in today's college game rarely ever give any film to go by. Many of the plays are HARD calls and strictly followed, it breaks down and they scramble.

I'd go more by mechanics of footwork and arm, have read progression, and make the deeper throws with strength and accuracy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This last game was the first time all year he's had time to read a defense. I'm not sure if that will continue, but now that the line has had a few weeks to adjust to a new blocking scheme, maybe it's possible. We'll see Thursday night.

I disagree with some of that. With hindsight involved now, you switch Lombardi and Cooter. You prolly see different results in some early games. Denver and Chargers games comes to mind. With the slightest of in game adjustments, you possibly see different outcome.

Second Minny game and Chiefs game were two were he had no time. Many of the others he had time more often than not and the playcallig flat out sucked, with no adjustments.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a bunch a of FA signings that worked also. It was the big money ones that are sticking in your head. Crabtree is going off in Oakland. Murray is avg 4.5 in a poor offense, James Jones was huge for GB early. The one big money guy who has produced numbers is Maclin. Not the TDs, but has been huge in their offense. Plus, look at Tyrunn Walker... Wait let me rethink this.

On the reading a defense. Not too many of the top QBs will give you that either. It's a crapshoot on whether they can or not. They don't in today's college game rarely ever give any film to go by. Many of the plays are HARD calls and strictly followed, it breaks down and they scramble.

I'd go more by mechanics of footwork and arm, have read progression, and make the deeper throws with strength and accuracy.

you're a buzzkill with all your technicalities en sech. your 2nd paragraph is spot on (not that the other two aren't either), imo.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ to add to my post. I'm happy as hell to not see those results though. A win in some games early means Mayhew is still here. Future may look bleak, however I'm still singing some Pioson.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with some of that. With hindsight involved now, you switch Lombardi and Cooter. You prolly see different results in some early games. Denver and Chargers games comes to mind. With the slightest of in game adjustments, you possibly see different outcome.

Second Minny game and Chiefs game were two were he had no time. Many of the others he had time more often than not and the playcallig flat out sucked, with no adjustments.

All true as well.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see him get a SEC team for his bowl game. Gives him a chance to showcase himself against another big school.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see him get a SEC team for his bowl game. Gives him a chance to showcase himself against another big school.

If he lights it up. No way the Lions have a chance at him. Also, Stafford has been playing his way back into Martha's heart.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he lights it up. No way the Lions have a chance at him. Also, Stafford has been playing his way back into Martha's heart.

I really don't see Stafford going anywhere. Therefore, I see PL as actually being more pro ready than what a new GM is going to spend a pick on. Nowadays it's draft them and start em day 1 when picking that high.

Although I know who will spend a pick on him. That would be the team named "You Been Slayed". Penthouse to the cellar and he will be your pick.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see Stafford going anywhere. Therefore, I see PL as actually being more pro ready than what a new GM is going to spend a pick on. Nowadays it's draft them and start em day 1 when picking that high.

Although I know who will spend a pick on him. That would be the team named "You Been Slayed". Penthouse to the cellar and he will be your pick.

:lol:..... Yeah, I screwed up by having to many defensive players and not picking enough offensive guys. Then got crushed by injuries. Benjamin, Bryant, Jefferey, Leveon. I'm good at QB with Wilson and Mariota though.

Early results are looking like Henry or C. Coleman.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling sorry for this kid, as he may end up going to the Browns and look to never pan out until he arrives elsewhere.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling sorry for this kid, as he may end up going to the Browns and look to never pan out until he arrives elsewhere.

Browns need a receiver or three. When your best WR is Taylor Gabriel. You got issues.