• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats accused of cheating again

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one other team that is two plays away from 2 Lombardis.

I can name you a few that were ONE play away.

The Cards of '08

The Steelers of '10.

The Colts of '09.

The 49er's of last year.

Without the tapes, you're no better than they are. Close but no cigar.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can name you a few that were ONE play away.

The Cards of '08

The Steelers of '10.

The Colts of '09. < NOPE

The 49er's of last year.

Without the tapes, you're no better than they are. Close but no cigar.

Right, and of which of those teams was one play away from a second SB win? None of them.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team has the best record since 2008?

And the same team has choked - at home - in the playoffs. Yes?

Didn't they lose to the Ravens (get owned, actually) as well as the Jets?

See, during spygate they were damned near perfect...without tapes they're 50-50 in the post season.

As I said, without tapes you're no better than anyone else.

As for regular season records....oh that we ALL got to play the 'Fins, Jets and Bills twice a year.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so we learned that videotaping is illegal but polaroids of the signals is legal. Is there a difference in info obtained from either? If a guy holds up three fingers on video or a polaroid it means "cover 3" either way. Then again, you really didn't need either to decipher defensive signals.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so we learned that videotaping is illegal but polaroids of the signals is legal. Is there a difference in info obtained from either? If a guy holds up three fingers on video or a polaroid it means "cover 3" either way. Then again, you really didn't need either to decipher defensive signals.

Yes. Polaroid type cameras are mounted in place up in the press box and in no way can you see the sideline. Second, they're not shot as fast as video taping film so you're going to miss a LOT of information.

The polaroid cameras are there so you can see what happened on the last series (offensive or defensive) from a bird's eye view. Both teams have access to them. That's fair.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for regular season records....oh that we ALL got to play the 'Fins, Jets and Bills twice a year.

I'd rather them playing the Steelers and Browns twice a year

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Polaroid type cameras are mounted in place up in the press box and in no way can you see the sideline. Second, they're not shot as fast as video taping film so you're going to miss a LOT of information.

The polaroid cameras are there so you can see what happened on the last series (offensive or defensive) from a bird's eye view. Both teams have access to them. That's fair.

Just curious. Are you saying that the Pats took those tapes from the 1st half and were able to figure out what they were doing at half time? That is almost impossible. They have like 8min to do anything.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at fans taking credit...

Amen.

Why is it that most people dont seem to realize that anyone can be a fan of any team they want. Just because you claim to be a fan of a certain team and that team wins does not make you special, just really pathetic. If you were actually on the team then you have a right to celebrate, otherwise you are only celebrating someone elses success, not yours.

And celebrating championships from several years ago and even decades ago is even worse. Few if any of those guys are even on the team anymore. Nothing in the past except last year and this year matters. Those other seasons are over. Move on or at least get a life.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. Are you saying that the Pats took those tapes from the 1st half and were able to figure out what they were doing at half time? That is almost impossible. They have like 8min to do anything.

They COULD have but I don't think they did.

I think they taped signals in the regular season for use in the post season.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These NFL coaches should be smarter. In College you will see 2 play callers ( 1 real other fugazee) and at my son's HS football team. They change the signals in the playoffs

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the same team has choked - at home - in the playoffs. Yes?

Didn't they lose to the Ravens (get owned, actually) as well as the Jets?

See, during spygate they were damned near perfect...without tapes they're 50-50 in the post season.

As I said, without tapes you're no better than anyone else.

-------

Hey Angel, in one of your profound diatribes you said that "once a cheater always a cheater" even compared it to cheating one's spouse. Does that mean your Steelers are still cheating with the roids? I mean drugs sound more addicting than video cameras, but you never know. Or does that era of your team's history not count today, you said: once makes it always.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

Hey Angel, in one of your profound diatribes you said that "once a cheater always a cheater" even compared it to cheating one's spouse. Does that mean your Steelers are still cheating with the roids? I mean drugs sound more addicting than video cameras, but you never know. Or does that era of your team's history not count today, you said: once makes it always.

What's stopping that is testing.

Did you not get the memo on that?

I don't recall saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater", please show me where I said that.

What I recall saying is, once someone cheats people will be more prone to believe the person (or entity) will cheat in the future if they have sudden or unhearaled succes.

I also recall saying that since the Pats were guilty in Spygate, as long as Tom and BB are there, they'll be suspect.

So...it seems you misunderstood me in a couple differnt ways.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Patriots are the ONLY team ever to "break trust" of fans? Let's face it everyone hates the Patriots unless you are a fan...

Believe it or not but I watched the Snow Bowl game and I don't hate the Pats, anymore. They are a great organization, they "just win baby", how can a true NFL fan not admire that?

BTW, that was a clean lick Woodson layed on Brady that night, and a bs call.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They COULD have but I don't think they did.

How do we know they even played those teams? As I said before, we did not play Car or Phil that yr, and the last time NE played Car, Sheifert was the coach.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know they even played those teams? As I said before, we did not play Car or Phil that yr, and the last time NE played Car, Sheifert was the coach.

Are you aware that there are games inbetween the end of the regular season and the Super Bowl?

They're called the 'Playoffs'.

Fast fact: In every year in which the Pats won a Super Bowl, you played someone in the post season that you played in the regular season.

Don't believe me?

Go look it up.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you aware that there are games inbetween the end of the regular season and the Super Bowl?

Fast fact: In every year in which the Pats won a Super Bowl, you played someone in the post season that you played in the regular season.

Don't believe me?

Go look it up.

I am aware, I don't need to look anything up. How do you know what teams they had tapes on, and how do you know they had tapes on playoff teams other than the Steelers? Also do teams not change their def/off signals the 2nd time around they play someone? I would think that would be the smart thing to do, IDK.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't believe me?

Go look it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIStUHNE8o

hines-ward-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif