• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats accused of cheating again

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were any other team but the Pats, this isn't a story.

But when a club cheated to win titles for 7 years and has a magical comeback like this, people are naturally going to be suspicious.

As I said in my first post on this - until someone produces proof, they didn't cheat.

Still, you can't blame people for thinking that a club that has a track record for cheating did so again.

God your a fucking retard. Do you think that Coher (sp) was not doing the same fucking thing?

Give me a fucking break on this non stop Pats cheated bullshit. Hell how many coaches said they did the same thing?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:L

And they are 2 plays away from 2 more Lombardi's since Spygate. Rational thinking is your friend. Use your head.

So the Pats didn't deserve the 3 SB victories (cheating), but they absolutely deserved the 2 almost-SB-Victories they achieved. I'll give them that.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said where are the tapes of Stl, Car and Phil? They only had 8 tapes, Mia, SD and Pitt 3x.....The tapes were from 2006-2008, where are you getting 7yrs? I am waiting for your evidence? If they stole Def signals, then how come we didn't blow anyone out? NE best off season was the yr they got caught....I never remember blowing out SD, Mia and Pitt 3x....

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then neither are your 3 spygate Lombardi's.

Hey, do you keep those in the film room?

The fact that moronic people say the shit you're saying, is laughable. Your own coach, Bill Cowher, admitted to doing the same thing and that it was no big deal. Maybe you should research a tad before looking like an absolute fool.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Houston wasn't on a 10 game losing streak, I'd POSSIBLY think there was something to to this... Fact is Houston blows. Sure as hell didn't hear the Broncos coming up with these types of excuses afterwards. As much as I hate it when it happens, the Pats just do this type of shit and it drives me nuts.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Houston wasn't on a 10 game losing streak, I'd POSSIBLY think there was something to to this... Fact is Houston blows. Sure as hell didn't hear the Broncos coming up with these types of excuses afterwards. As much as I hate it when it happens, the Pats just do this type of shit and it drives me nuts.

I think Hou has blown a few decent size leads after the half. I mean, did all those teams cheat? I mean come on..its called half time adjustments, and how many times has NE played a Wade Phillips def?

indypatfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good week for a Steelers fan to bring up cheating.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked, Domina provides....

One tape turned over by Walsh shows Patriots also stole offensive signals - NFL - ESPN

"[It] contains shots of Miami's offensive coaches signaling Miami's offensive players, followed by a shot from the end zone camera of Miami's offensive play, followed by a shot of Miami's offensive coaches signaling Miami's offensive players for the next play, then edited to be followed by a shot of the subsequent Miami offensive play," Levy said of the tape. "And that pattern repeats throughout the entire tape, with occasional cuts to the scoreboard."

In one of the last tapes that Walsh shot -- the 2002 AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the finished product includes sideline footage of the Pittsburgh coaches sending in signals, followed by a scan of the scoreboard that captures down, distance and game time, followed by two separate shots of the ensuing play, one from above the press box and the other from an end zone camera

"The other seven tapes show the final product, which is a series of coaches' signals, followed by the play, followed by coaches' signals and then the next play -- all lined up one after another," said Levy, who represents Walsh. "So the final videotapes contain the opposing coaches' signals lined up directly with the play that was run, one after another."

So.....now you know.

You're welcome.

If you are a Steeler fan I get the hate for Patriots but there are just several things wrong with Spygate. I am not a Pats fan but NFL has been using radios in helmets for offensive calls since the 90's. Getting some offensive signals on video at a time when the radios must have been down is great but not gonna help much if the radios work next time you play them.

Secondly, many people don't realize that the videos that this article describes is the exact videos team share with each other (minus the signal). Showing clock and down and distance etc. and then the play is how all team videos are made and shared. All teams must send opponents their tapes the week before they play.

Finally, and the reason Spygate is a joke, Defensive signals aren't secret, anyone in a stadium can see them. It was impossible anyone to steal them when they are given to you. Deciphering them is legal, a QB worth a spit can decipher a defense once he gets up to the line of scrimmage anyway. Long before Spygate I always knew teams would jot down opponents signals and try to decipher them. Seems to me, and maybe I'm just getting old, but that it would be much easier and faster to write them down as compared to videotaping them. Video doesn't lie and maybe its a bit easier to study film rather than read notes on paper. I just don't see an on-field advantage to doing this.

If you absolutely knew what the defense was going to do before you called an offensive play, yes that would be an advantage, but I don't see how that is even possible. Time clock would run out waiting for the defense to make its call then getting the play call in and hiking the ball......if you think about it, it makes no sense.

I'm no Pats fan but they have proven since Sep 2007 that they are still one of the best teams year in year out. Spygate had nothing to do with it......quite frankly its very annoying.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said there was indecision so the real culprit is likely either the guy on the field relaying the calls or the coach in the booth being indecisive. Either way I think it falls on the Texans personnel.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't players these days just admit that a team outplayed them in the 2nd half and made adjustments and made less mistakes?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh god how did this turn into pats vs steelers..........can never stay on topic, always gotta go there or get personal

Just to let you know a Steelers fan started this whole mess...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't players these days just admit that a team outplayed them in the 2nd half and made adjustments and made less mistakes?

Because, as I've already explained, it's the Patriots.

Part of the curse of Spygate is that teams will think you're always cheating as long as BB and Tom are there.

Until someone proves otherwise, the Pats won that game fair and square.

But once you blow trust like the Pat did, fans are going to jump to that conclusion.

If you catch your wife cheating on you just once, and she comes home late thereafter, you're going to assume she's doing it again. Yes?

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the curse of Spygate is that dim players and fans will think you're always cheating as long as BB and Tom are there.

FIFY

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dim Pats fans think that even though their team got caught cheating, everyone should just assume they'd never do it again.

Life doesn't work that way.

BB and Tom blew the trust of everyone with Spygate and now they're suspect.

It's what you have to deal with for being a Pats fan.

I'll give you another example....this one you can't argue with....

PED's.

If you have a player that popped positive for PED's once already, and someone accuses him of doing them again when he's having a great season, it's not a huge leap to think he's doing them again.

I know as a Pats fan you hate that, but it is nonetheless true.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the curse of Spygate is that teams will think you're always cheating as long as BB and Tom are there.

Until someone proves otherwise, the Pats won that game fair and square.

But once you blow trust like the Pat did, fans are going to jump to that conclusion.

If you catch your wife cheating on you just once, and she comes home late thereafter, you're going to assume she's doing it again. Yes?

So the Patriots are the ONLY team ever to "break trust" of fans? Let's face it everyone hates the Patriots unless you are a fan...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Patriots are the ONLY team ever to "break trust" of fans? Let's face it everyone hates the Patriots unless you are a fan...

Not everyone. I don't hate the Patriots. Never have. Spygate was so blown out of proportion. The violation that was committed during the Jets game was one of location. The cameraman was standing on the Jets sideline. Had he been anywhere else in the stadium, it would not have been a violation.

I always thought Spygate was just Bill B's way of testing the waters with the new commish to see how much balls Goddell had.

As far as Antonio Smith goes, it's time for Houston to start cutting ties with people blaming anyone and everyone but themselves for their 10-game losing streak.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone. I don't hate the Patriots. Never have. Spygate was so blown out of proportion. The violation that was committed during the Jets game was one of location. The cameraman was standing on the Jets sideline. Had he been anywhere else in the stadium, it would not have been a violation.

I always thought Spygate was just Bill B's way of testing the waters with the new commish to see how much balls Goddell had.

As far as Antonio Smith goes, it's time for Houston to start cutting ties with people blaming anyone and everyone but themselves for their 10-game losing streak.

Well that is good to hear. I am just sick and tired or people just hating on the Patriots and blowing everything they do out of proportion and when some other team does something they just brush it under the rug... Exactly.... if he wasn't on the sideline this would have been a non issue. But it's the Patriots so its an epic mishap.

Well they aren't winning so cuts might be coming, no?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is good to hear. I am just sick and tired or people just hating on the Patriots and blowing everything they do out of proportion and when some other team does something they just brush it under the rug... Exactly.... if he wasn't on the sideline this would have been a non issue. But it's the Patriots so its an epic mishap.

Well they aren't winning so cuts might be coming, no?

Honestly, the first thing I think we will see out of Houston is Kubiak stepping down due to health reasons. Hate to sound callous but I think the stroke at halftime of the Colts game will act as a saving grace for the Texans as they will be able to show him the door without coming out and saying he was fired.

After that, it's a crapshoot on who becomes the next head coach and where they go from there.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're the only ones, so far as I know, that got caught taping signals. They did so for 7 years and it won them championships.

That's cheating.

So when you have a comeback like you did on Sunday, people are going to jump to that conclusion. You can't blame them for that.

No, that doesn't mean they're automatically guilty - in fact, the burden of proof is on the accuser. Yes? I've said before that, unless someone comes forward with the proof that the Pats cheated vs. the Texans, the comeback was legit.

I'm simply saying you can't get mad at people for thinking, "Oh boy, they did it again".

And yes, a LOT of teams hate the Patriots and for good reason. How many teams did the Pats screw over by taping signals? How many playoff games or SB's were won because of that? We'll never have the concrete answers to those questions but the mere fact that you won those titles while cheating is enough to make people mad.

What's even worse is when Pats fans blow that off like your club did nothing wrong - or look at the Mike Tomlin incident and scream bloody murder - thus, throwing stones in a glass house.

If Spygate was overblown in the minds of Pats fans, how can some of you sit there and want to fry Mike Tomlin for merely standing over the sideline on a single play of a single game?

The conclusion with which we are left is: Taping signals to win 3 championships in 7 years in no big deal but if you (literally) step over the line of a play on one game.....oh boy...it's time to seek justice!!!!

See what I mean?

It just seems that when it comes to these two incidents, Pats fans want to make molehills out of a mountain with regard to theirs, yet make mountains out of molehills on the other.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many different ways are there to cry over a loss? There are so many.