• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats accused of cheating again

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe bb and brady and the pats are just that good, they dont need to cheat to win. naw cant be that, clearly they fell off the map after the cameras were taken away.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the first thing I think we will see out of Houston is Kubiak stepping down due to health reasons. Hate to sound callous but I think the stroke at halftime of the Colts game will act as a saving grace for the Texans as they will be able to show him the door without coming out and saying he was fired.

After that, it's a crapshoot on who becomes the next head coach and where they go from there.

I hear ya and I don't think you are being callous... This could be a wake up call he needed to get out...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the only ones, so far as I know, that got caught taping signals. They did so for 7 years and it won them championships.

They did? They got caught the first half of the first game of the 07 Season vs the Jets. Remember new head coach Mangini ( ex Pats D co) who ratted out his former head coach BB. They still have won more games than any other team since then and went 18-0 till they lost to a better Giants team that day in the SB. And then you bring up the tapes that a bitter ex-employee of Pats that was let go the year before, gave to Goodell and nothing significant was fined. Cowher, Jimmy Johnson and others said they all the same thing. It was just an arrogant BB that tested the waters with the new memo sent out by Goodell, stating where u can tape the opposing team and where u cant. If you think that is an advantage with today's technology, feel sorry for you. PED. roids etc are the greater of all evils. You see players like Shawn Merriman suspened and then off then wilt away to a nothing player. Steeler fans seem to have the biggest problem with spygate. You guys still have 6 rings so relax and enjoy the game

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the only ones, so far as I know, that got caught taping signals. They did so for 7 years and it won them championships.

"As far as I know" = I DON'T KNOW

What we do know is that Jimmy Johnson said they used to do the same thing. And Bill Cowher said the whole thing was blown out of proportion. Your second sentence is conjecture.

Spygate wasn't what you think it was, sweetheart.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As far as I know" = I DON'T KNOW

What we do know is that Jimmy Johnson said they used to do the same thing. And Bill Cowher said the whole thing was blown out of proportion. Your second sentence is conjecture.

Spygate wasn't what you think it was, sweetheart.

Ah, ok....here we go....

One tape turned over by Walsh shows Patriots also stole offensive signals - NFL - ESPN

One of the eight tapes in the package was shot by someone other than Walsh. It is a Sept. 29, 2002, game against San Diego, which was shot after Walsh was promoted from the video department. That tape captures just the coaches on the sideline, and the scoreboard before the game action is edited in

The advancing sophistication in New England's videotaping practices apparently is also evident on the tapes, which begin with a Sept. 25, 2000, game against Miami and run through that 2002 game against San Diego. It's also obvious throughout that the video shooter has one job on game day: to capture the opposing team's sideline coaches

In one of the last tapes that Walsh shot -- the 2002 AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the finished product includes sideline footage of the Pittsburgh coaches sending in signals, followed by a scan of the scoreboard that captures down, distance and game time, followed by two separate shots of the ensuing play, one from above the press box and the other from an end zone camera.

"The other seven tapes show the final product, which is a series of coaches' signals, followed by the play, followed by coaches' signals and then the next play -- all lined up one after another," said Levy, who represents Walsh. "So the final videotapes contain the opposing coaches' signals lined up directly with the play that was run, one after another.

So what YOU'RE telling me is.....NONE of that did any good?

Which begs the questions:

1) Why is there a rule against it?

2) Why did BB not only do it for 7 years but actually make NOTES on the tapes?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnightangel and I presume midnightrayne from cbssports. The biggest conspiracy theorist out there. I wont bother responding

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Pats did more roids in the 70's so that I didnt have to endure 1 and 2 win seasons. If your not cheating u ain't trying. I dont live in a glass house, so dont throw stones. BB's blatant disregard for the memo, esp playing against a former assistant of yours and one who already tried to recruit some of your assistant coachesand player to the Jets. You know what Mangina is made of and you take a chance. Cost him $500k in his pocket and Pats a first round pick. Sure Kraft was'nt happy with that.

PotMeetKettle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmie Johnson was the only coach to win multiple SB in the 90s. That's why Johnson is Belicheat's best friend and mentor. When Belicheat was losing in Cleveland and then got hired in New England, he went to Johnson for mentoring. Johnson taught him how to steal signals and how he won those games. Add Belicheat's dad on top of that (most known video taper in college history at Navy) and you got yourself the perfect cheater in NFL history. The Patriots were also known for intercepting radio signals and blocking them as well (in Foxborough). I'm sure the Patriots were stealing offensive/defensive signals as well as radio frequencies and then preparing them for the games. If it wasn't working for them in the first half of games (which didn't most of the games because some teams would change up their signals due to playing the Patriots), they would make the half time adjustments in real time and that's why they always seemed to know every play that was called in the second half of games from 2001-2008. The Patriots never stopped their signal stealing, they only are doing it in the proper locations now. This year the Patriots are looking like the old, where second half of games they mysteriously know every play that is being run by the other team again. Only time will tell how much cheating they have done. For the Patriot fans who say it's legal so there is no issue here should realize that it's not ethically and morally right. If you have to do that to win your games:
1. Your a horrible coach and have to cheat to win.
2. Your play calling is so bad that you have to resort to signal stealing to gain an advantage.
3. Plainly shows your character as a person and as a team, and that you will do anything it takes to gain advantages and fame.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, ok....here we go....

One tape turned over by Walsh shows Patriots also stole offensive signals - NFL - ESPN

One of the eight tapes in the package was shot by someone other than Walsh. It is a Sept. 29, 2002, game against San Diego, which was shot after Walsh was promoted from the video department. That tape captures just the coaches on the sideline, and the scoreboard before the game action is edited in

The advancing sophistication in New England's videotaping practices apparently is also evident on the tapes, which begin with a Sept. 25, 2000, game against Miami and run through that 2002 game against San Diego. It's also obvious throughout that the video shooter has one job on game day: to capture the opposing team's sideline coaches

In one of the last tapes that Walsh shot -- the 2002 AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the finished product includes sideline footage of the Pittsburgh coaches sending in signals, followed by a scan of the scoreboard that captures down, distance and game time, followed by two separate shots of the ensuing play, one from above the press box and the other from an end zone camera.

"The other seven tapes show the final product, which is a series of coaches' signals, followed by the play, followed by coaches' signals and then the next play -- all lined up one after another," said Levy, who represents Walsh. "So the final videotapes contain the opposing coaches' signals lined up directly with the play that was run, one after another.

So what YOU'RE telling me is.....NONE of that did any good?

Which begs the questions:

1) Why is there a rule against it?

2) Why did BB not only do it for 7 years but actually make NOTES on the tapes?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Yeah, you already copied and pasted that.

a) The rule is against filming from the sideline, not having edited game footage
b) Filming is legal and teams can film opposing sidelines
c) Studying game film is part of the game
d) Your team films the opposing team's sideline too
e) Big Ben is a tool
f) Coaches cover their mouths no matter what team they're playing
g) The Patriots are two plays away from 2 more Lombardi's since Spyhate

Rational perspective is your friend.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmie Johnson was the only coach to win multiple SB in the 90s. That's why Johnson is Belicheat's best friend and mentor. When Belicheat was losing in Cleveland and then got hired in New England, he went to Johnson for mentoring. Johnson taught him how to steal signals and how he won those games. Add Belicheat's dad on top of that (most known video taper in college history at Navy) and you got yourself the perfect cheater in NFL history. The Patriots were also known for intercepting radio signals and blocking them as well (in Foxborough). I'm sure the Patriots were stealing offensive/defensive signals as well as radio frequencies and then preparing them for the games. If it wasn't working for them in the first half of games (which didn't most of the games because some teams would change up their signals due to playing the Patriots), they would make the half time adjustments in real time and that's why they always seemed to know every play that was called in the second half of games from 2001-2008. The Patriots never stopped their signal stealing, they only are doing it in the proper locations now. This year the Patriots are looking like the old, where second half of games they mysteriously know every play that is being run by the other team again. Only time will tell how much cheating they have done. For the Patriot fans who say it's legal so there is no issue here should realize that it's not ethically and morally right. If you have to do that to win your games:
2. Your play calling is so bad that you have to resort to signal stealing to gain an advantage.
3. Plainly shows your character as a person and as a team, and that you will do anything it takes to gain advantages and fame.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...scussion/126861-brady-vs-manning-stats-4.html

PotMeetKettle's opinion on anything having to do with The Pats = :laugh3:

click link and scroll down to read his brilliant insight

PotMeetKettle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f) I call BS on that. Every week I see several coaches who don't cover there mouths until they are on the jumbo tron and they catch themselves. Then they quickly put their playbook over their mouths.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f) I call BS on that. Every week I see several coaches who don't cover there mouths until they are on the jumbo tron and they catch themselves. Then they quickly put their playbook over their mouths.

I call BS on you, troll. Hey, what's your favorite team?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots were also known for intercepting radio signals and blocking them as well

Were u that guy with a tin foil hat in the movie Signs? Belicheat that is sooo witty

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you already copied and pasted that.

a) The rule is against filming from the sideline, not having edited game footage
b) Filming is legal and teams can film opposing sidelines
c) Studying game film is part of the game
d) Your team films the opposing team's sideline too
e) Big Ben is a tool
f) Coaches cover their mouths no matter what team they're playing
g) The Patriots are two plays away from 2 more Lombardi's since Spyhate

Rational perspective is your friend.

Oh, you want the rule?

OK, here you go...

"The rule which the Patriots violated was the policy that prohibits use of equipment for the taping of offensive or defense signals.

And here's more...

Spygate - The Patriots' illegal taping scandal - Boston.com

Notice it's from the BOSTON globe

From the NFL's Constitution & Bylaws (article 9): "Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."

Note, it doesn't say your're allowed to stand in this spot or that one - it's about STEALING SIGNALS.

ANY use by ANY club at ANY time of ANY communication or information gathering equipment shall be prohibited, INCLUDING video taping machines. Did you catch that?

You can NOT film opposing sidelines and I DEFY you to show me a rule that says it's allowed since I showed you one where it says it's prohibited. Go ahead. Please.

Yes, the Pats were close to two more Lombardi's without tapes, but so were a lot of other teams. The films got them over the hump to win them. Without them, they haven't won any.

And since you want to insult QB's...

Tom Brady is a girl.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Pats were close to two more Lombardi's without tapes, but so were a lot of other teams. The films got them over the hump to win them. Without them, they haven't won any.

Name one other team that is two plays away from 2 Lombardis.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you want the rule?

OK, here you go...

"The rule which the Patriots violated was the policy that prohibits use of equipment for the taping of offensive or defense signals.

And here's more...

Spygate - The Patriots' illegal taping scandal - Boston.com

Notice it's from the BOSTON globe

From the NFL's Constitution & Bylaws (article 9): "Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."

Note, it doesn't say your're allowed to stand in this spot or that one - it's about STEALING SIGNALS.

ANY use by ANY club at ANY time of ANY communication or information gathering equipment shall be prohibited, INCLUDING video taping machines. Did you catch that?

You can NOT film opposing sidelines and I DEFY you to show me a rule that says it's allowed since I showed you one where it says it's prohibited. Go ahead. Please.

And since you want to insult QB's...

Tom Brady is a girl.

If only they had used a LIME GREEN VEST

» SpyGate II: The Revenge Update. Jets Employ the Old Lime Green Vest Defense Barstool Sports: Boston

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, show me the evidence that was used vs Stl, Car an Phil. I mean sense we cheated to win SB's the proof is out there. Keep posting snip-its about Walsh, who was a liar. You have failed to answer me on numerous occasions....Also in terms of the radio signals, that was never proven, same thing was said about the Saints and that was BS.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW...you are not all there are you?? LMAO......