• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats accused of cheating again

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on not everyone cheats at the same level that BB has or we would have seen more 500 K fines being levied out there. Shula found a raiders game plan one year and told his staff to rip it up...please don't put quality people like that in the same class as BB....simply not fair.

You guys act like he stole 31 team playbooks. He was fined because of his arrogance and he should have been. He was told to stop and he didn't obey. Thus he was fined and I am fine with that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me, what competitive advantage did BB or Cowher get by trying to steal team signals?

Tell us why they risked huge fines to do this for 7 years if there was no benefit?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry didn't realize you were a niner is BB your cousin or something haha!

Lol, I just get tired of the whole Spygate thing. I like Brady so I kinda adopted the Pats as a secondary team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like he stole 31 team playbooks. He was fined because of his arrogance and he should have been. He was told to stop and he didn't obey. Thus he was fined and I am fine with that.

You seem to think that a 500 K fine and losing a 1st round pick is peanuts or common place. If it was why didn't they appeal if what they were doing was harmless? I don't get your logic...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I just get tired of the whole Spygate thing. I like Brady so I kinda adopted the Pats as a secondary team.

Ah so you're not neutral now it makes sense. I just don't get why people feel like they have to defend people even their team when they've done wrong. Is that murderer not a murderer now too?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us why they risked huge fines to do this for 7 years if there was no benefit?

I never said there was no benefit, but I don't think it was enough to win Super Bowls from. I also think other coaches (I know actually, they admitted it) have and probably still do, do it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said there was no benefit, but I don't think it was enough to win Super Bowls from. I also think other coaches (I know actually, they admitted it) have and probably still do, do it.

Bingo that's all that we're saying but at the same time they haven't won a bowl since they were caught even with possibly better teams as other pats fans have told us.

I'm sure other coaches have done this but obviously not at the same level as BB or I'm sure they would have been caught. Face it he's a well organized cunning guy...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fin Fan, your occupation of this thread is simply because you have nothing better to do while waiting for BB and his team to trounce your pathetic dolphins back to the bottom of the AFC east. You know how folks always accuse the Pats of being in a weak division? Well it's your team they're talking about.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you take your evidence to the league and if it's true and not photo shopped I'm sure the league will do its due diligence. The penalties should be harsh.

As per cheating in this manner why did BB risk the penalties if it didn't help him win games especially super bowls. Please let me know as this is getting redundant....

The league did look into the Jets filming in 2011 (it was all over the news). And they determined that they were not breaking any rules because they were wearing a green vest.

If filming from the sidelines is as bad as the league said, and that would include having a green vest on, you would think they would have fined the Jets and any other team who does this (they all still do).

But the league did not. Which is why all the haters crying is hilarious. They refuse to see that the filming still goes on, and that it teams do it from League Sanctioned areas and in a League Sanctioned way.

NE was fined for not following what the league wanted teams to do (film from the stands, or from an area that is not the coaches box, and have all the markings *press credentials, vest*), and for doing it multiple times.

As far as photoshopping, I may work in IT, but if I can photoshop that well, then I need a new job because you can easily tell they are not photoshopped.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league did look into the Jets filming in 2011 (it was all over the news). And they determined that they were not breaking any rules because they were wearing a green vest.

If filming from the sidelines is as bad as the league said, and that would include having a green vest on, you would think they would have fined the Jets and any other team who does this (they all still do).

But the league did not. Which is why all the haters crying is hilarious. They refuse to see that the filming still goes on, and that it teams do it from League Sanctioned areas and in a League Sanctioned way.

NE was fined for not following what the league wanted teams to do (film from the stands, or from an area that is not the coaches box, and have all the markings *press credentials, vest*), and for doing it multiple times.

As far as photoshopping, I may work in IT, but if I can photoshop that well, then I need a new job because you can easily tell they are not photoshopped.

More spin from a Pats fan.

Your franchise cheated, it's that simple. As to why the Jets weren't punished - ask the NFL. There's a rule against what they did, they knew it and they did it anyway.

Then ignored the memo asking them to stop.

Typical. I hate when people get busted and blame the cop instead of themselves.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fin Fan, your occupation of this thread is simply because you have nothing better to do while waiting for BB and his team to trounce your pathetic dolphins back to the bottom of the AFC east. You know how folks always accuse the Pats of being in a weak division? Well it's your team they're talking about.

Sorry that the truth hurts it's OK fisherman if you were a man you'd simply man up and admit that your team cheated and move on. We could then shut this thread down. Maybe if your team didn't cheat the division would be a lot closer too...although the Fins are coming back don't forget we split last season and you could say the Fins actually dominated 6 of 8 quarters....

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More spin from a Pats fan.

Your franchise cheated, it's that simple. As to why the Jets weren't punished - ask the NFL. There's a rule against what they did, they knew it and they did it anyway.

Then ignored the memo asking them to stop.

Typical. I hate when people get busted and blame the cop instead of themselves.

So it is "spin" when it is the Jets or your team who is filming from the sideline (in the appropriate manor), but it is OMG NE is cheating when all NE did was not do the filming in the appropriate manor?

I blame NE for not following the letter of the rule and not having the guy wearing a green vest with proper credentials. I also blame them for not just moving up to the first row in the stands or another sanctioned area and filming. Instead they were fined.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is "spin" when it is the Jets or your team who is filming from the sideline (in the appropriate manor), but it is OMG NE is cheating when all NE did was not do the filming in the appropriate manor?

I blame NE for not following the letter of the rule and not having the guy wearing a green vest with proper credentials. I also blame them for not just moving up to the first row in the stands or another sanctioned area and filming. Instead they were fined.

There is NOTHING in the rules about it's OK to film as long as you're:

1) Standing in the right spot

2) Wearing a green vest

I've challenged you to prove otherwise and you can't.

I've shown the rule saying it's ILLEGAL to do and they did it.

As for it's OK to do as long as the Jet's didn't get punished....that's the same logic that says it's OK to drink and drive since not everyone gets caught. Just because someone else didn't get caught or punished doesn't mean it's OK for you to do.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NOTHING in the rules about it's OK to film as long as you're:

1) Standing in the right spot

2) Wearing a green vest

I've challenged you to prove otherwise and you can't.

I've shown the rule saying it's ILLEGAL to do and they did it.

As for it's OK to do as long as the Jet's didn't get punished....that's the same logic that says it's OK to drink and drive since not everyone gets caught. Just because someone else didn't get caught or punished doesn't mean it's OK for you to do.

Then why did the Jets or Steelers not get fined.

They were standing on the sidelines (illegal) filming (you claim is illegal)

I've shown the rule that states it is legal.

You took to a memo, which does not over-rule anything and a rule that states "during the playing of a game"

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did the Jets or Steelers not get fined.

They were standing on the sidelines (illegal) filming (you claim is illegal)

I've shown the rule that states it is legal.

You took to a memo, which does not over-rule anything and a rule that states "during the playing of a game"

Again, you're presenting an argument that BB already presented - and the NFL told him he was wrong. You're building a house on sand here, Jason.

The original rule was written badly and caused some confusion. That doesn't mean it was OK to break but it means the NFL had to send out a memo to clarify the rule. That's what they did.

If anyone else was doing it, they stopped after the memo. Your arrogant HC didn't. He thought himself above the rules.

And he got hammered.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're presenting an argument that BB already presented - and the NFL told him he was wrong. You're building a house on sand here, Jason.

The original rule was written badly and caused some confusion. That doesn't mean it was OK to break but it means the NFL had to send out a memo to clarify the rule. That's what they did.

If anyone else was doing it, they stopped after the memo. Your arrogant HC didn't. He thought himself above the rules.

And he got hammered.

Both pictures I posted were post 07. How come no fines for filming from the sideline?

A memo does not override the rule. Filming is legal as long as its not used during the game.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both pictures I posted were post 07. How come no fines for filming from the sideline?

A memo does not override the rule. Filming is legal as long as its not used during the game.

This is an argument made by Pats fans since 07.

The memo clarified the rule, it wasn't rewritting it.

On a seperate note, if you get a memo from the head of your corperation telling you to stop a certain practice, you listen. Period. You don't continue to practice that which corperate office is telling you is a violation.

BB did and he got busted.

Hell, even HE said he misinterpreted the rule. That means he admitted he was wrong.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spikes, Talib: Belichick, Patriots Are Liars

Leave it to the Patriots to falsify injury reports and use deceit to win.

"The Patriot Way?"

First there was Spygate, then proof in the Rolling Stone article (which I challenge all Pats fans to read) that the organization (from Kraft on down) overlooked serious criminal activity on the part of Aaron Hernandez and actually enabled his behavior, to now this.

At what point does the commissioner consider the death penalty?

Spikes, Talib say Patriots file false injury reports | ProFootballTalk

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to the Patriots to falsify injury reports and use deceit to win.

"The Patriot Way?"

First there was Spygate, then proof in the Rolling Stone article (which I challenge all Pats fans to read) that the organization (from Kraft on down) overlooked serious criminal activity on the part of Aaron Hernandez and actually enabled his behavior, to now this.

At what point does the commissioner consider the death penalty?

Spikes, Talib say Patriots file false injury reports | ProFootballTalk

I saw that on Yahoo and almost posted the link. We'll see what else comes out of it but does it shock anyone that BB lies about injuries?