• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Trade Matt Judon to the Atlanta Falcons for 3rd Round Pick

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome news!! Judon is a premiere edge rusher and the Falcons haven’t had that in a while. He’s a gigantic upgrade from what we had - our leader in sacks last year had 6, Judon had 15 in 2022 and was on pace for 17 last year before getting hurt. It’s great to have a star edge rusher now. Let’s Fucking Go Falcons!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont look now, but I think the Falcons are serious about making a push for a title.
they have definitely been making good moves towards improvement.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a good trade for both sides in my view. Pats may be in the running for worst record and Atlanta has a veteran QB surrounded by good young talent.

Eagles just had a joint practice with the Pats and one of the Philly writers wrote that gamblers should “ bang the under” on the Pats wins and losses for the season because it looked that bad. They have no o-line apparently. One of the Pats writers tweeted that he lost count of how many times Pats QBs were “sacked” in this practice but it sounded terrible for them up front.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team trades a 3rd round pick for pass rusher who is unhappy with his contract, without signing him to a new contract first. Woah! Déjà vu all over again.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team trades a 3rd round pick for pass rusher who is unhappy with his contract, without signing him to a new contract first. Woah! Déjà vu all over again.

It's similar, but he missed most of last year and he's on the wrong side of 30. If he wants a new contract, he's going to have to prove he can stay healthy. He's a great player, but this is a "What have you done for me lately" type of situation.

Reddick, on the other hand, has never missed a game in his career.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's similar, but he missed most of last year and he's on the wrong side of 30. If he wants a new contract, he's going to have to prove he can stay healthy. He's a great player, but this is a "What have you done for me lately" type of situation.

so you're saying he is due? :noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome news!! Judon is a premiere edge rusher and the Falcons haven’t had that in a while. He’s a gigantic upgrade from what we had - our leader in sacks last year had 6, Judon had 15 in 2022 and was on pace for 17 last year before getting hurt. It’s great to have a star edge rusher now. Let’s Fucking Go Falcons!!

Slots right in for the injured Trice (and is an upgrade).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANFGDGQXKBFM5BZK2OX7LHRHBY.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont look now, but I think the Falcons are serious about making a push for a title.
they have definitely been making good moves towards improvement.

A lot depends on Cousins' achilles.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides missing most of last year, his previous 2 years he faded down the stretch. Love the player but we were definitely seeing cracks. I wish him well but I hope Atlanta does not get to carried away with his contract

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judon wasnt reporting to Pat's camp because he wanted a new deal. Its why they moved him. So Atlanta isnt going to get him to play on the deal he is on.

Giving up a 3rd round pick for the right to hand a edge player who just turned 32 and missed almost all of last year (Happy Birthday today Matthew Judon!) a new contract? Yeah Pat's win this trade. Getting a 3rd round for THAT is a ridiculous overpay on the Falcons part.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good player, brings energy and excitement. Will miss him a little, but the Pats seem to be in deep rebuilding mode, many new players. Will be a fun season.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a good trade for both sides in my view. Pats may be in the running for worst record and Atlanta has a veteran QB surrounded by good young talent.

Eagles just had a joint practice with the Pats and one of the Philly writers wrote that gamblers should “ bang the under” on the Pats wins and losses for the season because it looked that bad. They have no o-line apparently. One of the Pats writers tweeted that he lost count of how many times Pats QBs were “sacked” in this practice but it sounded terrible for them up front.

Well the wins "total" this year is predicted at O so pretty hard to bet the under

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed Judson only has a $6.7M cap hit this year. If he reports and plays this is an amazing trade for Atlanta even if he leaves via free agency. Honestly I’m a little surly the Cowboys didn’t trade for him but we only acquire players willing to play for the vet minimum, so that isn’t happening :sad2:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judon wasnt reporting to Pat's camp because he wanted a new deal. Its why they moved him. So Atlanta isnt going to get him to play on the deal he is on.

Giving up a 3rd round pick for the right to hand a edge player who just turned 32 and missed almost all of last year (Happy Birthday today Matthew Judon!) a new contract? Yeah Pat's win this trade. Getting a 3rd round for THAT is a ridiculous overpay on the Falcons part.
It's a slight overpay, or a fair trade. If he left as a FA it would end up generating a compensatory pick.

...but if he plays without a new deal it'll be a win for the Falcons.

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slight overpay, or a fair trade. If he left as a FA it would end up generating a compensatory pick.

...but if he plays without a new deal it'll be a win for the Falcons.
I say giving up a third round pick for a 32 year old coming off an injury is crazy. Even the Patriots got him in the 5th round. There are a LOT of good players available in the 3rd round...particularly early. There are not a lot of good linebackers who are older than him...but there are a few. The only positive for the Falcons is that his injury was to his arm...not his leg...so he might be effective for now....if he can stay healthy.