• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots D looks poor

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Amendola was on his way to having a better game than Edelman had in all of 2016, minus the last game vs Miami

Defense
Oline
Gronk looking awful
Hogan offering nothing
Cooks a HR hitter they will not turn into a high volume guy
Brady just off
I dont know if I'd go that far but I do think its clear that without Edelman their offense isnt on the Moss/Welker/Young Gronk/Hernandez level in the least bit.

Patriots had their matchups they wanted. Brady got his if you include the PIs. Their defense was really bad for what was easily the top scoring D from last year IIRC.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is it's like every analyst and commentator forgot that the Chiefs are a 12-4 team too. Leading up to the game they were all acting as if the Pats were playing the Jets or something. Chiefs have a great team and a great coach. I never expected a blowout win, but I always thought the Chiefs had a decent shot at a win. I'd have given the Pats a 3 point edge just due to them being the home team, not the ridiculous 9 points that they were given.

The emotion of the home opener, where they are dominant

Entering a season where they are bigger favorites to win it all than any team in the history of the league, many legitimately thinking 19-0

Pats were gonna be big favorites over most anyone in the league last night

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs decided to take Hogan away with Peters. Brady didn't know what to do and neither did McDaniels.

They really didn't use the backs or Dwayne Allen enough.

I think Brady lost trust in Allen on that first drive where Allen had a fart-and-fall-down moment on the sideline pass.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs decided to take Hogan away with Peters. Brady didn't know what to do and neither did McDaniels.

They just weren't the same after the great Danny Amendola went down...:thumb:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Entering a season where they are bigger favorites to win it all than any team in the history of the league, many legitimately thinking 19-0

Wonder if Vegas is adjusting that 12.5 O/U line today?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if I'd go that far but I do think its clear that without Edelman their offense isnt on the Moss/Welker/Young Gronk/Hernandez level in the least bit.

Patriots had their matchups they wanted. Brady got his if you include the PIs. Their defense was really bad for what was easily the top scoring D from last year IIRC.

Im sure they will be fine, but half glass empty look at the Pats offense

Who is Gronk now?
Is Cooks gonna be a fit in that system?
Is Hogan anything more than a very pedestrian WR?

Just playing devils advocate, but those are things Id wonder just a little about after that game

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True enough I suppose, but here's what happens sometimes when you get over-hyped............

YMytFnL.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Vegas is adjusting that 12.5 O/U line today?

Absolutely, I think they have to

All due respect to the Chiefs, this is NOT one of the game people had them losing

@ Tampa
@Denver
Atlanta
Oakland
@ Pitt

Those were really the only ones you heard much about

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure they will be fine, but half glass empty look at the Pats offense

Who is Gronk now?
Is Cooks gonna be a fit in that system?
Is Hogan anything more than a very pedestrian WR?

Just playing devils advocate, but those are things Id wonder just a little about after that game
They'll be fine but I think they are just another contender and maybe only a slight favorite in the AFC. They have the playmakers but they dont have the meat and potatoes or running the ball and stopping the run which is where KC was last year.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one mentioning how Kansas City kicked New England's ass in adjustments?

One time, early in the game, New England was in the red zone and Brady dropped back to pass and he had time to cook dinner, take a nap, walk around the block and still throw the pass.

Kansas City made adjustments and the rest of the game it looked like Brady was getting hit almost every pass.

And the Patriots could not adapt to the adjustments.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Allen musta been like "Im wide open for an 80 yard TD on the first play of the game, and i never see another target?"

Couldn't believe Brady missed him. I started Allen in a league because Brate's game got canceled.

Half way through the first play it looked like a great call by me.:doh:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One time, early in the game, New England was in the red zone and Brady dropped back to pass and he had time to cook dinner, take a nap, walk around the block and still throw the pass.

Kansas City made adjustments and the rest of the game it looked like Brady was getting hit almost every pass.

Reid is brilliant.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore was the guy who blew a coverage for a 75 yard TD... to Hill; a guy you track at all costs.

Exactly why the Bills didn't overpay to keep him. Fitting payback for the announcers claiming there were better Buffalo players on the Patriots than the Bills.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point. Belichick is renowned for making half time adjustments and then kicking ass, but this time it looks like Reid out coached him. It was still a 3 point game at half with the Pats leading, but Reid made the changes that allowed KC to dominate the second half and Belichick didn't.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looked FINE all preseason. he played for the first time since 2012, for a reason.

hes fine.

jesus people.

He just looked awkward because he wasn't synced up with Brady, other than the TD which he almost came up with. Plus, he was being covered by Berry much of the game. Tough to see Berry with an achilles injury late.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the first half but from what I saw the Chiefs flat dominated the Pats.

You won't believe this then, but at one point it had the makings of a huge Patriots rout. Then the football Gods or someone was like "nope."

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peters plays sides. He legitimately does not move. The Pats straight up avoided him (0 receptions allowed for Peters and 1 target)