• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots D looks poor

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully for KC last night is a sign that Red is going to loosen the strings on the play calling . For years I've had to hear "Alex Smith can't throw deep" yet consistently when he's HAD to throw deep I've seen him do it . To me his lack of down field passes is solely a function of them simply not being called. With the playmakers KC has their offense should have those routes as a key part if it's offense

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully for KC last night is a sign that Red is going to loosen the strings on the play calling . For years I've had to hear "Alex Smith can't throw deep" yet consistently when he's HAD to throw deep I've seen him do it . To me his lack of down field passes is solely a function of them simply not being called. With the playmakers KC has their offense should have those routes as a key part if it's offense
It was never the playcalling- I am telling ya, it's stuff like this that get Alex Smith flamed

m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I agree, but in his defense, he never seemed to have had the playmakers that could stretch like he has now...Maclin was a massive underachiever there......This 3 headed monster in KC could be fun to watch

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont who or why people thought this was an elite defense to begin with

This team will and must be carried by that offense, and I wouldnt be too concerned with that just yet

But if we are seeing a lesser version of Gronk, that would change things a lot...But it could just be rust, we will see
Gronk will always get catches but he will never be the same. Walking china

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a text from my son. Hightower has a MCL sprain.
Might be back for week 2.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree, but in his defense, he never seemed to have had the playmakers that could stretch like he has now...Maclin was a massive underachiever there......This 3 headed monster in KC could be fun to watch
Listen Smith does throw the short routes a ton but that's the first read in that offense in most instances. Same thing we saw when McNabb ran it. I'm just hoping Reid realizes that his playmakers can allow him to free up a bit. Smith doesn't throw it diwnfield a lot but that doesn't mean he CANT ( which is what we hear ). He's totally capable. Just needs the freedom to do so

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats looked like shit. Altho the Chiefs looked good too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The air yards for Reid have varied greatly based on who the QB is. The freedom is definitely there- up to the QB to pull the trigger.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 4th Q, Tom looked old an slow. Not saying it will be a trend, it is just what I witnessed. Father time catches up to all of us. Maybe this is the year it catches Tom.
:harbs3:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the first half but from what I saw the Chiefs flat dominated the Pats.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the first half but from what I saw the Chiefs flat dominated the Pats.

It should have been atleast 10 - 0 after the first 3 minutes of the game.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why people are surprised when Bill trades away or doesn't resign key defensive players. It'll be more than enough to win the division and make a playoff run though. You have to think the young guys will pick up the system better as the season progresses.
My biggest worry might be Brady possibly showing his age. That 60 yard pass was beautiful but he looked rusty.