• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't want to derail the Luck/Willis discussion, so . . .

What would you trade Patrick Willis for?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Calvin Johnson, Demarcus Ware, Jay Cutler, The first pick in the '12 draft (as long as Luck declares), Joe Thomas, Derrelle Revis for starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, BJ Raji, Ndomakong Suh, Mario Williams...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How late in the draft would a pick have to be for you to say no? Would you trade him for the 10th pick? The 15th?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How late in the draft would a pick have to be for you to say no? Would you trade him for the 10th pick? The 15th?

This year? I'd probably go as low as 5. Luck, Kalil (and yes, I'd take Kalil over Willis) or get a bundle of picks trading down for someone who has man-love for RGIII or Barkley.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jay Cutler??? Really??

Definitely. I wouldn't even hesitate.

How big of a role did Larry Grant play in the defensive struggles against AZ? Clearly the defense was very good against Pitt.

Is Larry Grant an average starting ILB? Could we upgrade at that position with, say, a 3rd round pick?

Willis is great, unfortunately, his position lacks the value and impact that his play should warrant.

I'm curious as to what/who you would trade Willis for though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jay Cutler??? Really??

frau2.jpg

Reeeeeeeealy???

drevily.jpg

Really!!!

(as long as he's healthy of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure as hell not Jay Cutler. That guy is extremely overated and is not that much of an upgrade. Im not sure why so many people are high on him here. There are atleast 10 QBs in the league I would rather have then him, not counting some of the prospects coming into the league.

As for what I would trade for him, I wouldnt put a number on the pick of what I would trade. It really depends on the prospect that is there and the draft were talking about. I'd have to be really sold on a prospect for me to give up a HOF LB.

In this years draft, I would trade him for Luck and RGIII coming out. No one else I'm that sold on that would be high value.

To name a few non QB's, Calvin Johnson, Revis, J. Thomas, Demarcus Ware, Von Miller, Aj Green, Long and to add a controversal one in, Eric Berry before he blew out his knee.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is the heart and soul of this team and it would break my heart to see him go so I guess I couldn't trade him for anyone.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, and Darrelle Revis. Maybe Jake Locker when I see a little more.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haloti Ngata, Revis, Demarcus Ware, Rodgers, Joe Thomas, or Palomalu.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely. I wouldn't even hesitate.

How big of a role did Larry Grant play in the defensive struggles against AZ? Clearly the defense was very good against Pitt.

Is Larry Grant an average starting ILB? Could we upgrade at that position with, say, a 3rd round pick?

Willis is great, unfortunately, his position lacks the value and impact that his play should warrant.

I'm curious as to what/who you would trade Willis for though.

I disagree. You're overanalyzing things a bit here. Bowman is having a super year because of Willis. Spike was excelling in our defense too because of Willis. Willis is a game changer. He was the main cause of why we won the game against the NYGiants. Sack, chasing Eli down when he clearly could have moved the chains on a critical 3rd down QB scramble; etc. Teams key on him allows others to have an impact on the game. If they both were in the draft today, would any draft Aldon ahead of Willis? I hope not! You'll more likely to find an "elite OLB" than you would find an elite "ILB". Look at all the success guys are having this year - make a comparison of all the OLBs and ILB that got drafted for the past 7 years...the ratio between those that are having success with those who are not finding success is staggering.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree not sure why this keeps coming up. Not like this will ever happen. Personally my own opinion i would never trade him. Like Bingo said he makes more people on the team better when he is out there. Just the homer in me probably but i just wouldnt do it.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I too agree why the Willis trade talks all the sudden