• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Peterson looked WAY better

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude is going to be the best CB in the NFL for a long time IMO. :( He looked great against Seattle when I was watching.

He's just one of those rare players who's too talented not to dominate like Sean Taylor was or Julius Peppers or our very own VP of Carnage.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, it doesn't really sting that he is so good because he was off the board before the 49ers picked anyways. Plus, the 9ers did alright with Aldon Smith.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hmmm, it doesn't really sting that he is so good because he was off the board before the 49ers picked anyways. Plus, the 9ers did alright with Aldon Smith.

True. It just stings 'cause he's in the NFC West. :(

Aldon might even be more valuable than PP though. I'll take a great pass-rusher over the best CB in the NFL right now.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck that he is in the West though, you're right about that... luckily the 49ers offense can't be shut down when Peterson starts taking the best WR out of the picture. They don't run everything through a #1 WR.

I guess the only real problem is that it will free up the safety to play the run...

I kinda think he'll end up being like Deion with the Falcons, and Asomugha (sp), he's great but the rest of the defense has issues so they just beat everyone else and don't even waste time going at him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, the cards have some really good players on defense around PP, especialy on the DL. They still have some holes, but if they fill 'em, that D could be nasty.

I think they're pretty average at LB though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually had a pretty horrible game from what I've read/heard.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Seriously?

Well, I didn't catch the whole game because I was watching the Niners. We had 2 TVs going. He looked pretty good when I was watching him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It just stings 'cause he's in the NFC West. :(

Aldon might even be more valuable than PP though. I'll take a great pass-rusher over the best CB in the NFL right now.

i would take the pass rusher too, but peterson would have been my #1 pick if i were the panthers.

sportsfanatic01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you f****** kidding me? He had a great game. The bad thing your talking about is 2 pass interference calls. Other then those he allowed ZERO catches. He locked down Sidney rice when he was on him. I watched the whole game. Next time don't say anything unless you actually watched the game. Don't base it on what you heard

sportsfanatic01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

Well, I didn't catch the whole game because I was watching the Niners. We had 2 TVs going. He looked pretty good when I was watching him.

Don't listen to him he had a great game. Allowed ZERO catches. Just had 2 pass interference penalties. That guy clearly didn't watch it

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you f****** kidding me? He had a great game. The bad thing your talking about is 2 pass interference calls. Other then those he allowed ZERO catches. He locked down Sidney rice when he was on him. I watched the whole game. Next time don't say anything unless you actually watched the game. Don't base it on what you heard

Are you an idiot?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't listen to him he had a great game. Allowed ZERO catches. Just had 2 pass interference penalties. That guy clearly didn't watch it

I'm wondering what lead you to that conclusion. Could it have been the fact that pretty much said that I didn't watch it?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome first couple of posts.

Epic. Welcome to the board, PP.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/11/seahawks-cardinals-week-1/

Peterson’s Potential

While we at Pro Football Focus didn’t agree with the widely held perception from last season that Patrick Peterson was already an excellent corner, he did show some real potential and in Week 1 Peterson re-emphasized that potential. The pair of pass interference penalties against him proved how close he was playing receivers all day, and when he was on the right side of the line in terms of discipline Seattle’s receivers got nothing from him. When shadowing Sidney Rice he was targeted four times and didn’t allow a single completion–he even broke up one pass in the end zone that he might have intercepted had Rice not fought back in to the play. If he can maintain this sort of performance, and the sort of pressure Dockett and Calais Campbell applied in this game will certainly help, then Peterson should be one of the breakout defenders of the 2012 season

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/11/seahawks-cardinals-week-1/

Peterson’s Potential

While we at Pro Football Focus didn’t agree with the widely held perception from last season that Patrick Peterson was already an excellent corner, he did show some real potential and in Week 1 Peterson re-emphasized that potential. The pair of pass interference penalties against him proved how close he was playing receivers all day, and when he was on the right side of the line in terms of discipline Seattle’s receivers got nothing from him. When shadowing Sidney Rice he was targeted four times and didn’t allow a single completion–he even broke up one pass in the end zone that he might have intercepted had Rice not fought back in to the play. If he can maintain this sort of performance, and the sort of pressure Dockett and Calais Campbell applied in this game will certainly help, then Peterson should be one of the breakout defenders of the 2012 season

I think it's funny the part where he said the pass interference calls show how close he was covering. No shit, but it doesn't justify him having a good game. It means he got 2 penalties. I still think the guy is a good CB, but I could hang on Calvin Johnstone leg and let him drag me down the field. It doesn't mean I was covering good. Besides, Sydney rice is overrated.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think it's funny the part where he said the pass interference calls show how close he was covering. No shit, but it doesn't justify him having a good game. It means he got 2 penalties. I still think the guy is a good CB, but I could hang on Calvin Johnstone leg and let him drag me down the field. It doesn't mean I was covering good. Besides, Sydney rice is overrated.

Well, 2 PI penalties is bad for a game, but allowing zero catches more than makes up for it. The 2 PI calls are essentially like allowing 2 first down catches & tackling them immediately. 2 bad plays all game is pretty good.

I was just commenting on his ability to stay with the receiver. He looked much improved from last season on the plays I saw him. I didn't even know he allowed zero catches when I posted this.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch the game, but i have very little doubt PP will eventually turn into at least a top 5 CB. I wonder how long they will allow him to return punts considering how valuable he is to their secondary. They can't afford for him to get injured.