• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Peterson looked WAY better

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of overrated players...

After a promising sophomore campaign in 2010, nose tackle B.J. Raji pulled up the rear in our DT/NT rankings last season. While he’s not completely useless as a pass rusher, his lack of playmaking ability against the run is alarming (-18.8 last season). Despite his ineffectiveness, he rarely comes off the field, though things are supposed to change here in 2012.

Should buy Cullen Jenkins a house for making him into a pseudo superstar.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 2 PI penalties is bad for a game, but allowing zero catches more than makes up for it. The 2 PI calls are essentially like allowing 2 first down catches & tackling them immediately. 2 bad plays all game is pretty good.

I was just commenting on his ability to stay with the receiver. He looked much improved from last season on the plays I saw him. I didn't even know he allowed zero catches when I posted this.

Well, it wasn't like he was playing against a juggernaut passing attack.

Look I like PP, but let's hold the presses.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My # 1 rated prospect in 2011.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 2 PI penalties is bad for a game, but allowing zero catches more than makes up for it. The 2 PI calls are essentially like allowing 2 first down catches & tackling them immediately. 2 bad plays all game is pretty good.

I was just commenting on his ability to stay with the receiver. He looked much improved from last season on the plays I saw him. I didn't even know he allowed zero catches when I posted this.

Did those two PI's lead to points? If so, then we can stop talking about how he didn't allow a catch.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Did those two PI's lead to points? If so, then we can stop talking about how he didn't allow a catch.

I don't see why. Pretend the WR caught those 2 passes instead and he was tackled immediately. If those 2 catches were in drives in which Seattle scored points, that's still a heck of a game. How many catches does a #1 CB usually surrender in a game?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just looked. Neither PI resulted in points, but the second one came with the game on the line, and Seattle driving for the go-ahead score in the final two minutes.

Lets see what he does against a competent QB and a legitimate WR. I'm not holding my breath.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why. Pretend the WR caught those 2 passes instead and he was tackled immediately. If those 2 catches were in drives in which Seattle scored points, that's still a heck of a game. How many catches does a #1 CB usually surrender in a game?

Against undrafted rookie QB's? With bad WR's?

Not saying Peterson sucks, but lets look at the competition here.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Against undrafted rookie QB's? With bad WR's?

Not saying Peterson sucks, but lets look at the competition here.

Just for clarification purposes, Russell Wilson was the 75th pick of the draft.

I think he's going to be in the top 1 of NFL cover CBs in the next couple of years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True. It just stings 'cause he's in the NFC West. :(

Aldon might even be more valuable than PP though. I'll take a great pass-rusher over the best CB in the NFL right now.

no doubt a pass rusher is huge, but just to ask for discussion only............in terms of downs, is a 'situational' pass rusher more valuable than a CB? one would play mainly in 3rd and longs, the other on every down.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's going to be in the top 1 of NFL cover CBs in the next couple of years.

I think that's a bit high. I think there might be at least one better CB than him.

:llama:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For what it's worth, I don't like LSU defensive backs. They all come highly touted, and all have been significant failures to date (jury is out on Peterson and the Cowboys's pick).

Kind of like Florida QB's when Spurrier was down there.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My # 1 rated prospect in 2011.

My top-10 for the 2011 class was:

AJ Green
J.J. Watt
Von Miller
Cameron Jordan
Patrick Peterson
Prince Amukamara
Julio Jones
Jake Locker
Marcel Dareus
Tyron Smith

Mark Ingram was 11th. Randall Cobb was 19th I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, they do have a pretty good pass rush to help 'em at LSU. I actually wasn't as big of a fan of Claiborne as most were this year, but he'll still probably be a good one.

Let's see if I have any of those...

Oh yeah! I'm very suspicious of USC QBs (another reason I'm not huge on Barkley). I'm also not big on USC D-linemen ('roids), although I did love me some Nick Perry.

I'm suspicious of Florida State DEs (although Bjorn Werner is one tough ombre).

I'm suspicious of any player who goes to UCLA. Not exactly a powerhouse for NFL players in the last decade (when most people had him as a top 20 pick).

I also share Clyde's suspicion of any Clemson Tiger. Alhtough he loves Sammy Watkins (probably for good reasons).

I was highly suspicious of Nebraska Cbs lately too. Thought the Fresh Prince was overrated & Alphonzo Denard was one of the most overrated players in college football.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I really liked the '11 class. Most people found it underwhelming at the time, though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they do have a pretty good pass rush to help 'em at LSU. I actually wasn't as big of a fan of Claiborne as most were this year, but he'll still probably be a good one.

Oh yeah! I'm very suspicious of USC QBs (another reason I'm not huge on Barkley). I'm also not big on USC D-linemen ('roids), although I did love me some Nick Perry.

I'm suspicious of any player who goes to UCLA. Not exactly a powerhouse for NFL players in the last decade (when most people had him as a top 20 pick).

I also share Clyde's suspicion of any Clemson Tiger. Alhtough he loves Sammy Watkins (probably for good reasons).

I was highly suspicious of Nebraska Cbs lately too. Thought the Fresh Prince was overrated & Alphonzo Denard was one of the most overrated players in college football.

And Andre Ellington. But yeah, those two are the extreme exceptions when it comes to Clemson players.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

the above opinion is fine, just wanted to make a small comment on how its generalized per school. taking the positive side, its similar to the past with Penn St., they were called "LB U".

anyways, NFL teams should just evaluate individuals regardless of school. if a team's scouting staff does a good job, they'll place correct values on prospects.