• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PASS RUSH NEEDED

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last two games we have been lit up! Very little pressure on the opposing QBs. Two sacks in the last two games, and one of them coming on a blitz. Aldon, Ahmad, Justin, McDonald, and Lemonier where are you?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last two games we have been lit up! Very little pressure on the opposing QBs. Two sacks in the last two games, and one of them coming on a blitz. Aldon, Ahmad, Justin, McDonald, and Lemonier where are you?

we have been saving it for this coming sunday. then we unleash lemonier and aldon together.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Four probowlers in the front seven (five if you count Aldons selection last season) and we can't get any pressure against average o-lines...

Is Fangio disguising anything, or is he using the same scheme and plays he has since joining the 49ers? It seems he is rotating more than last season, but I could be wrong about that because I haven't seen this seasons snap count breakdowns. But even if he is rotating more, is it enough? The defense has broken down much like last season. Its frustrating to watch a repeat of last seasons mistakes...

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about our Oline's ability to pass protect, than I am about our pass rush. The way they've played the past few weeks won't get it done in the playoffs.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that we should continue to rotate the Dline because the next 3 games will be against big/physical Olines! They need to be fresh to keep them off of the Lbackers! The Oline needs to protect and run better! STs need to hang on to the ball and be on their toes. Go 49ers!!

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Josh56, the OL has been shaky, Kaep needs to really use his legs this week

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Four probowlers in the front seven (five if you count Aldons selection last season) and we can't get any pressure against average o-lines...

Is Fangio disguising anything, or is he using the same scheme and plays he has since joining the 49ers? It seems he is rotating more than last season, but I could be wrong about that because I haven't seen this seasons snap count breakdowns. But even if he is rotating more, is it enough? The defense has broken down much like last season. Its frustrating to watch a repeat of last seasons mistakes...

The DL and LBs are definitely rotating more this year than last year - which is to say they are rotating at all. It seems like our individual players aren't winning matchups, though. I don't buy the "saving stuff for the playoffs" excuse. These have been fairly important games, and been getting nowhere near the QB against bad OLs. We've got to figure something out quickly or Rodgers will pick us apart....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's more of a scheme and coverage issue than a problem with the guys up front.

The issue is we typically only rush 4 guys which puts them already at a numbers disadvantage against the 5 linemen and sometimes 6 with an RB staying in to block.

If you're going to rush 4 you're putting 7 into coverage so that coverage needs to hold up to give the 4 guys a chance to break free and get to the QB.

The guys up front actually do get pressure it's just that in the past 2 games both Ryan and Palmer have been able to find soft spots in the coverage and make good throws to get rid of the ball before the pressure has a chance to get to them.

The scheme is also an issue because it just never feels like we're ever confusing anyone which makes it easier for a QB to know where to go with the ball and for the guys up front to block since they know they can almost always expect 4 guys.

Which is my biggest gripe with Fangio in that he relies far too much on the physical talent of the defense and doesn't throw enough wrinkles in the scheme to keep offenses off balance and unsure.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners can't pressure Rodgers, it will get ugly. I agree that the Niners need to run the ball better to keep Rodgers off the field and help the defense stay fresh.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Both Ryan and Palmer did a good job of getting the ball out early before the pressure could get there. Especially Ryan, a lot of three step drops. Palmer did a good job of stepping up or to the side to avoid pressure and make anticipation throws.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need A. Smith and Brooks to have a big game this week. 2 sacks each.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass rush is bad, stunningly so. 400+ yards of passing for Palmer with nary a scratch on him. Watching the 49er D Line tip toe dance with the O line while the secondary struggles to keep up with the receivers is sickening. How can the 49er coaching staff not see this and at least attempt to rectify it?

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio benefits from having 2 stud MLB's and Aldon/Justin Smith's freakish athletic ability. His stubborness in refusing to Blitz more often and playing soft coverage as soon as we have a bit of a lead is infuriating. And don't get me started on when he rushes 3 on 3rd and longs
..arrrrrgghhh!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio benefits from having 2 stud MLB's and Aldon/Justin Smith's freakish athletic ability. His stubborness in refusing to Blitz more often and playing soft coverage as soon as we have a bit of a lead is infuriating. And don't get me started on when he rushes 3 on 3rd and longs
..arrrrrgghhh!!

Also did it on 4th and long on AZ's game tying TD. 4th and 4 and they rush three guys.....and that's if you can call what those three guys did on that play rushing the passer

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
..arrrrrgghhh!!

Never understood the 3 man rush and the only situation you should run it is when the game is nearly over and you absolutely can't give up a big play.

When you rush 3 you're just giving the QB plenty of time and the longer the play goes the more it favors the offense and no matter how many guys you have out there if the receivers have time they'll eventually get open.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Niners can't pressure Rodgers, it will get ugly. I agree that the Niners need to run the ball better to keep Rodgers off the field and help the defense stay fresh.

agree, and it doesn't stop at Rodgers.

yep, one way to help the D is run well ourselves. also, if the field is "icy", consider throwing SHORT to Hunter or LMJ outside? a long hand-off and then they have the advantage in space. I would think GB will throw short to Cobb, bubble screens?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think the 49ers will try and pick up a good DE in FA this year. They can really use one. J. Smith isn't getting any younger.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you think the 49ers will try and pick up a good DE in FA this year. They can really use one. J. Smith isn't getting any younger.

if they do get a FA, highly doubt it'll be a 'big name'? they're stockpiling picks and will use it to replace players.