• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PASS RUSH NEEDED

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think the 49ers will try and pick up a good DE in FA this year. They can really use one. J. Smith isn't getting any younger.

What good 3-4 DEs are available?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
you think the 49ers will try and pick up a good DE in FA this year. They can really use one. J. Smith isn't getting any younger.

Carradine is the heir apparent to J. Smith so it's doubtful they'll be looking at DE in FA until they see what Carradine has to offer.

Also a wild card in all of this is Okoye who could be a beast if he can develop into a football player that matches his physical gifts.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said the 49ers are going to regret passing on Eddie Lacy and drafting that clown McDonald and a broken down Tank Carradine when they could have taken Lacy. I just hope it doesn't come this Sunday

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said the 49ers are going to regret passing on Eddie Lacy and drafting that clown McDonald and a broken down Tank Carradine when they could have taken Lacy. I just hope it doesn't come this Sunday
They are rookies and we havent even seen Carradine on the field yet, but you talk about McDonald and Tank as if they are busts. maybe give a little time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are rookies and we havent even seen Carradine on the field yet, but you talk about McDonald and Tank as if they are busts. maybe give a little time.

Fair enough, but how do you pass on a sure thing like Lacy over projects like McDonald and Carradine?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but how do you pass on a sure thing like Lacy over projects like McDonald and Carradine?

one reason, we have Gore and Hunter, and we got Lattimore. I think we should see what McDonald and Tank have, We are set at RB atleast for now. Those were positions of need. that sir is how they pass on Lacy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one reason, we have Gore and Hunter, and we got Lattimore. I think we should see what McDonald and Tank have, We are set at RB atleast for now. Those were positions of need. that sir is how they pass on Lacy.

Who knows if Lattimore will ever play at the pro level. Those were two very serious knee injuries he had and comparing Hunter to Lacy? Oh my goodness. Why draft a huge "if" like Lattimore when a healthy Lacy is there for the taking? I'm sure they know the team better than me but it seems very strange.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows if Lattimore will ever play at the pro level. Those were two very serious knee injuries he had and comparing Hunter to Lacy? Oh my goodness. Why draft a huge "if" like Lattimore when a healthy Lacy is there for the taking? I'm sure they know the team better than me but it seems very strange.
Same could be said for lacy when he was coming out. or any draft prospect, there is no sure thing in the NFL. RB is not a huge need for the 49ers

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same could be said for lacy when he was coming out. or any draft prospect, there is no sure thing in the NFL. RB is not a huge need for the 49ers

You are right that every draft pick is a crap shoot but you can't compare lacy's status in the draft to that of Lattimore who was a guy at least a year away from playing and the recipient of two horrendous knee injuries.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right that every draft pick is a crap shoot but you can't compare lacy's status in the draft to that of Lattimore who was a guy at least a year away from playing and the recipient of two horrendous knee injuries.
The Niners passed on a guy like Lacy because they knew that Lattimore would probably be available later, which he was. Since they still had Gore, Hunter, LMJ, and Dixon they thought it was worth the gamble and so got more bang for their buck with two high upside need picks in McDonald and Tank. Plenty reasonable, imo.
I like what Lattimore could be more so than what Lacy is. Lacy looks like and incredible talent. Personally, I like Lattimore better and cant wait to see him healthy.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one was comparing Lattimore to Lacy, I was comparing Lattimore/Tank/McDonald to Lacy. would you rather have one player that would be a potential starter down the road, or would you rather have 3 potential starters down the road. No offense but I have read alot of your posts lately and you seem to not know very much about football. Here I will give you a link so maybe you can get a clue. American football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners passed on a guy like Lacy because they knew that Lattimore would probably be available later, which he was. Since they still had Gore, Hunter, LMJ, and Dixon they thought it was worth the gamble and so got more bang for their buck with two high upside need picks in McDonald and Tank. Plenty reasonable, imo.
I like what Lattimore could be more so than what Lacy is. Lacy looks like and incredible talent. Personally, I like Lattimore better and cant wait to see him healthy.

Actually, they got zero bang for their buck with both of these guys the entire season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

All signs point to Lattimore being able to play at the pro level and the 9ers obviously wouldn't have selected him if there was a good chance he wouldn't be able to play.

What the 9ers are gambling is how effective Lattimore will be coming back. If he comes back strong the pick is an absolute steal and even if he's just average spending a end of a 4th isn't a high price.

Tank is probably a top 15 pick if he came out healthy so again the pick is a steal if he comes back strong which we won't know until next season.

If you want to sustain success you have to make smart gambles on guys like Tank and Lattimore who are top 15 talents that dropped due to injury.

I mean if Tank and Lattimore pan out 2013 and the other guys like Reid and Lemonier continue to develop the 2013 draft could be one of the greatest in 9ers history.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to Lattimore being able to play at the pro level and the 9ers obviously wouldn't have selected him if there was a good chance he wouldn't be able to play.

What the 9ers are gambling is how effective Lattimore will be coming back. If he comes back strong the pick is an absolute steal and even if he's just average spending a end of a 4th isn't a high price.

Tank is probably a top 15 pick if he came out healthy so again the pick is a steal if he comes back strong which we won't know until next season.

If you want to sustain success you have to make smart gambles on guys like Tank and Lattimore who are top 15 talents that dropped due to injury.

I mean if Tank and Lattimore pan out 2013 and the other guys like Reid and Lemonier continue to develop the 2013 draft could be one of the greatest in 9ers history.

Pre-inujries, possibly. I'm not confident at all now although Gore and Portis did it. Carridine, it appears, may never be the player the 49ers thought he might be. Its been well over a year since his injury and he still can't get on the field even on a line which has had a lot of injuries.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-inujries, possibly. I'm not confident at all now although Gore and Portis did it. Carridine, it appears, may never be the player the 49ers thought he might be. Its been well over a year since his injury and he still can't get on the field even on a line which has had a lot of injuries.

First of all, the D-Line having injuries has absolutely nothing to do with whether Carradine is ready to come back from the injury he has. It was understood by those of us that are competent, that Tank and Lattimore would likely be "Redshirted" this year. It is the NFl you have to give players time to get right and see what they have. Second, how can it appear to be that he is not the player that the 49ers thought he would be? I don't get your logic, but that's probably because you have none.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't remember Portis having a history of knee injuries in college.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would've took Lacy too. We need to quit this redshirt crap. That's what college is for, but I get the point. I like Easley to, but if he's not ready to play then passon him.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Eddie Lacy was drafted he only would have gotten spot duty this year with the way Gore has run the ball this year and people would probably be saying Lacy was a bust. If guys aren't lighting the world on fire or starting year one the bust talk always comes out.

People use to talk alot about how Vernon Davis couldn't catch, run good routes, or had too much a temper (especially after he slammed Haralson in practice). People use to complain about Crabtree and why he wasn't getting his numbers with Alex Smith and how he was always hurt and missing training camp and the preseason games. People thought Gore was a waste of a draft pick too with his injury history. Alex Smith was even public enemey #1 before Harbaugh came around. Hell, even alot of people thought the Aldon Smith pick wasn't a good one.

Alex Smith turned into a solid NFL starting QB with good coaching and the rest of those guys developed into great players. People need to at least give a guy a full year and offseason before judging anyone especially when they have a great player ahead of them on the depth charts.