• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Partrick Kane being investigated for r*pe - Update - No charges to be filed, case closed

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it is sad how quickly people jump to a side.

But if the point about the police going to his house and "removing items" is legit, then there might just be smoke to this fire. You don't go into a house without a warrant, and you don't get a warrant without probable cause. And getting a judge to accept your PC on a famous person is a lot harder to do.

That said, if he is guilty, will the Hawks get cap relief? I mean NO ONE is answering this important question. If Slava Voynov taught us anything, it's that we must think of the owners.
im going off what local boston radio said...and i was pulling into work...but they did say "police have visited his home and possibly removed items. stay tuned for more as it comes out"

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the league do this time?
Suspend him with pay (Voynov)?
Let him play until jailed ( everything before Voynov)?
Not saying he is guilty but r*pe has to be treated as harshly as domestic violence. Since the NHL set a new level last year do they take an step back or continue the hard line stance?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he is guilty but r*pe has to be treated as harshly as domestic violence. Since the NHL set a new level last year do they take an step back or continue the hard line stance?
clearing your name from a r*pe allegation is a very tall task.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks Star Patrick Kane -- Reports: r*pe Investigation Launched | TMZ.com

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im going off what local boston radio said...and i was pulling into work...but they did say "police have visited his home and possibly removed items. stay tuned for more as it comes out"

It would be quite the story if police seized a condom at Kane's residence, but DNA testing confirmed Kane's DNA was actually on the outside of the condom.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, and CNN is absolutely SURE that it's happened...

If it is confirmed that the police went into his house and removed things, then it's gonna get real ugly for him. Real merit to the complaint.

Like the "Subway" guy. They parked the fucking forensic lab in his driveway. They can posture all they want, something is up with it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has a partial out on this one vs. Voynov since this is during the off-season. They can easily wait until the legal process plays out a bit because suspending him (or not) doesn't do anything right now.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be quite the story if police seized a condom at Kane's residence, but DNA testing confirmed Kane's DNA was actually on the outside of the condom.

This just leads further into him being the victim.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it is sad how quickly people jump to a side.

But if the point about the police going to his house and "removing items" is legit, then there might just be smoke to this fire. You don't go into a house without a warrant, and you don't get a warrant without probable cause. And getting a judge to accept your PC on a famous person is a lot harder to do.

That said, if he is guilty, will the Hawks get cap relief? I mean NO ONE is answering this important question. If Slava Voynov taught us anything, it's that we must think of the owners.
It's the mullet.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has a partial out on this one vs. Voynov since this is during the off-season. They can easily wait until the legal process plays out a bit because suspending him (or not) doesn't do anything right now.
Kobe Bryant played through his allegations. Came right out and said it wasn't r*pe. Probably what will happen here and Kane will play as the legal process plays out.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane has gotten in trouble off the ice before, and reports Thursday indicated police are investigating a new incident involving the 26-year-old.

Continue for updates.

Kane Reportedly Being Investigated in r*pe Case
Thursday, Aug. 6
Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reported Kane is being investigated in a potential r*pe case. Graham reported a woman accused the winger of sexual assault for an incident during the weekend of Aug. 1. WhileGraham added no charges have been filed, he noted law enforcement sources believe he could turn himself in.

Lou Michel and Robert J. McCarthy of the Buffalo News first reported Kane was being investigated by police for an incident in the Buffalo suburb of Hamburg.

Specifics have not been made officially available with regard to the alleged situation, and Hamburg Police Chief Gregory G. Wickett isn't yet willing to provide further information.

"We can neither confirm nor deny the existence or nonexistence of a criminal investigation until such a time as a person is charged with a crime," Wickett said.

Athan Kompos and Adam Benigni of WGRZ in Buffalo reported theNHL is aware of the investigation and is monitoring the situation.

"We are aware of the matter and are in the process of gathering information," the Blackhawks said in a statement, per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times. "It would be inappropriate to comment further."

The Buffalo-born Kane has enjoyed a spectacular career thus far as a four-time All-Star, three-time Stanley Cup winner and one-time ConnSmythe Trophy recipient in just eight NHL seasons.

However, Kane's on-ice accomplishments have at times been overshadowed by his off-ice conduct. In 2009, for instance, he and his cousin pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct after allegedly assaulting a Buffalo cab driver.

Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville discussed Kane's continued growth as a person in February, per Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, saying, "He has matured [more] as an individual and as a player every year."

Kane played in 61 regular-season games in 2014-15, registering 27 goals and 37 assists before helping lead Chicago to a Stanley Cup.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant played through his allegations. Came right out and said it wasn't r*pe. Probably what will happen here and Kane will play as the legal process plays out.
So did Doughty
However this is the new, more sensitive, NHL. I think they will have to cave to the PR pressure.
Voynov was not allowed to practice with the team ( I know is kinda did once and they fined the team)
I can see the NHL doing the same thing over again

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this guy is guilty out of the gate, but to be under investigation tells me something is wrong.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Doughty
However this is the new, more sensitive, NHL. I think they will have to cave to the PR pressure.
Voynov was not allowed to practice with the team ( I know is kinda did once and they fined the team)
I can see the NHL doing the same thing over again
Yeah but if he comes out vehemently denying it where's the pressure coming from? Weren't there pics of Voynov's wife's shredded face after he beat the shit out of her?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gratitude-quilt-fence.jpg
?
Yes, thanks a lot auto correct. Quilty is much more common than guilty.