• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Panthers @ Broncos on NBC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok then does that year of being in the lockerroom and actually knowing the playbook inside and out make 0 difference compared to that of our rookie?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson...and my bad, I thought Talib would be out after shooting himself... I guess those self inflicted wounds aren't what they used to be...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then does that year of being in the lockerroom and actually knowing the playbook inside and out make 0 difference compared to that of our rookie?

Kinda, yeah...not sure what's so hard to follow about the fact that he hasn't seen much actual game time, and how that might be a problem?

You guys are splitting hairs with the "he's not a rookie" dealie...he's still got a lot to learn about being a pro QB. That MIGHT not cost you the game tonight, but it may at some other points in the season

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda, yeah...not sure what's so hard to follow about the fact that he hasn't seen much actual game time, and how that might be a problem?

You guys are splitting hairs with the "he's not a rookie" dealie...he's still got a lot to learn about being a pro QB. That MIGHT not cost you the game tonight, but it may at some other points in the season

And see we are not disagreeing with this. I have already said that his lack of in game experience will lead to some mistakes along the way. I just think his year with the Broncos makes a big difference compared to the player he was last year as a true rookie. Kind of like in college where you have the true freshman and the redshirt freshman. You do that so they have a year to develop and be a little closer to the type of player you hope they can become. Doesn't mean they will be perfect out of the gate but obviously right now as a Bronco fan I feel much better with the idea of starting Siemian this year than I would have been if he was a true rookie.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson...and my bad, I thought Talib would be out after shooting himself... I guess those self inflicted wounds aren't what they used to be...

It wasn't as bad of a wound as it was originally made out to be. The bullet just grazed his leg. He has been practicing at least at a limited ability for close to a month and full go for probably 3 weeks. Maybe he gets taken out a bit but right now the Broncos say he is a full go for tonight and won't be on a snap count.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And see we are not disagreeing with this. I have already said that his lack of in game experience will lead to some mistakes along the way. I just think his year with the Broncos makes a big difference compared to the player he was last year as a true rookie. Kind of like in college where you have the true freshman and the redshirt freshman. You do that so they have a year to develop and be a little closer to the type of player you hope they can become. Doesn't mean they will be perfect out of the gate but obviously right now as a Bronco fan I feel much better with the idea of starting Siemian this year than I would have been if he was a true rookie.

Must be nice to win a championship... :pout: The whole damn WORLD looks awesome...

NY7

Kill HIllary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Siemian era begins tonight. Expect sloppy football from both sides but I'll take the Broncos in an upset. Siemian just needs to get the ball into CJ's hands and find Virgil on 3rd downs. I like a huge game from Von Millers & Co. Close game but Denver takes it by a FG.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be nice to win a championship... :pout: The whole damn WORLD looks awesome...

Haha it definitely was a much more exciting off season after winning. So yes things probably look a little rosier than they should. And honestly no matter what happens this year I'm not sure that feeling of winning a Super Bowl wears off for at least a couple of years. Now I've gotten a little more pumped for this season mostly because nobody is giving the Broncos a chance it seems like not only in this game but in the season. So would love for the Broncos to once again go prove them wrong. Every single year even with Manning here I have listened to these "experts" pick the Chiefs to overtake the Broncos. Obviously they have to be right some year but hoping this is not the year.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who replaces their losses better is the question...
Does Denver replace their NT, MLB, QB and CB better than Carolina replaces their DBs? Carolina also gets Benjamin back... I'm thinking Carolina's front 7 is the strength of the D...and their back end plays a relatively unknown or untested QB... that tells me to take the Panthers in this game... but I could be wrong...it's happened before
Denver didn't lose their NT, and they run a 3-4 so they don't have a MLB, and they didn't lose a corner, either.

Denver lost DE Malik Jackson and ILB Danny Trevathan on the defense. On offense, they lost Manning, Owen Daniels, and re-tooled the offensive line.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it's just splitting hairs, then stop calling him a rookie. Because he's not. He's a first year starter, but he's not a rookie.

It would be like calling a college football player who redshirted a true freshman. He's not. He's a redshirt freshman. There's a difference, and it does matter.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like in college where you have the true freshman and the redshirt freshman.

Beat me to it! Maybe we are the same person...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be like calling a college football player who redshirted a true freshman. He's not. He's a redshirt freshman. There's a difference, and it does matter.

Yeah, a huge difference, I get it...

The boy could have just been signed out of Idaho State yesterday, and you guys wouldn't think it mattered. Like I said, must be a nice view up there

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The boy could have just been signed out of Idaho State yesterday, and you guys wouldn't think it mattered. Like I said, must be a nice view up there

Again we think it matters. I would be much more worried if Paxton Lynch were starting this game just knowing we have seen him struggle with the playbook so far this preseason and has made those usual rookie mistakes. Heck I'm worried about all our rookies as they have a very tough first test. I was just saying on the Broncos board that the one move this off season that I question above the others is cutting Colquitt our punter for our new rookie Dixon. Dixon has been inconsistent all off season and is now punting to one of the best special teams units in the NFL. Not exactly a situation I am excited about. We have our rookie FB who will be trying to block guys like Kuechly to open up the run game. Not exactly the guy you want to be trying to get used to playing the NFL game against day 1. We will ask a lot of probably one of our rookie Safety in Simmons. Have to see if maybe he gets caught out of position and gets burned for a big play. We just have no clue how the rookies will play.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't put words in our mouths. We never said it didn't matter. We're just saying he's not a rookie. Why is that so hard to understand? He's literally not a rookie.

Paxton Lynch? Rookie. Trevor Siemian? Not a rookie.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put words in our mouths. We never said it didn't matter. We're just saying he's not a rookie. Why is that so hard to understand? He's literally not a rookie.

Paxton Lynch? Rookie. Trevor Siemian? Not a rookie.

Because you know that wasn't DJ's point.

Goin' off on a semantics excursion when he's pointing out the huge set of Peyton-sized shoes that now have to be filled by a guy who is 24 years old, and didn't really win the job with any dazzling performances, but because the guy in front of him with the vaunted "more experience" label was named Mark Sanchez.

Oh, and smooth move by Horseteef McGeneral Manager in telling him "don't look over your shoulder..."

Lynch might be starting by November

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you know that wasn't DJ's point.

Goin' off on a semantics excursion when he's pointing out the huge set of Peyton-sized shoes that now have to be filled by a guy who is 24 years old, and didn't really win the job with any dazzling performances, but because the guy in front of him with the vaunted "more experience" label was named Mark Sanchez.

Oh, and smooth move by Horseteef McGeneral Manager in telling him "don't look over your shoulder..."

Lynch might be starting by November
It's not a semantics excursion. Surely you understand that there is a difference between a rookie and a first year starter. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, and Carson Palmer were all first year starters when they were not rookies. Tom Brady had a whooping 3 passes to his name before he took over for Bledsoe in Brady's second year. Carson Palmer didn't play a single snap his rookie year, but was named the starter going into his second season.

There is something to be said for the year of experience you get just being on an NFL team. When you're a rookie, everything is new, everything must be learned from scratch. Even stuff like the layout of the facility, getting to know your teammates and coaches, the kind of work habits required to be a great NFL player, all of that stuff matters, not to mention learning the playbook. In Siemian's case, it doesn't mean he'll be some great qb (in fact, it most likely doesn't). But it does mean he should be more prepared to take the reins tonight than if he was just drafted a couple of months ago.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to think Cam Newton will all of a sudden beat a defense that destroyed him, his brain and his heart only 8 months ago. Denver's pass game will struggle, but it shouldn't matter.

Broncos 22
Panthers 16

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Denver to at least cover in this one. Get Siemian comfortable with some quick screens to DT and control the clock with the run game then the D does the rest.

20-16 Denver.