• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panther post game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you expect Smith to do against a good Carolina D with no CT or JC? You are being unreasonable to think we would of dropped 30 points on the Panthers. I said Smith wont throw the late game int like KC to lose the game for us. I said Smith gives us just as good of chance or even better than KC can to win. Kc always had slow starts to the season. Sorry McCoy doesn't beat the Panthers and Packers.

You still want to point the Colts loss at Smith when the defense gave up three huge drives to the Colts for Td's. Both sides of the ball were bad that game. Im not saying Smith is playing great right now but we can win with him and you cant deny that.

Plus you cant compare KC b/c he wasn't coming back after the 2017 season. We were in big trouble at QB and Smith was the best option out there AT THAT TIME.

i expect him to do what you expected KC to do without them

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins won and that is all I care about.

I hear ya, but are you telling me. You aren't worried at all about Smith's happy feet in the pocket, missing/throwing late to open WRs. Are we expecting the defense to hold teams below 20 points every game to ensure victory? Will averaging about 4 points in the 2nd half of every game be OK?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but are you telling me. You aren't worried at all about Smith's happy feet in the pocket, missing/throwing late to open WRs. Are we expecting the defense to hold teams below 20 points every game to ensure victory? Will averaging about 4 points in the 2nd half of every game be OK?

It needs fixed I agree but they won the damn game. 3-2 after 5 games and with a depleted wr/ RB core. Yes I know if Every ones all American was still the QB we would've won 55-17

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs fixed I agree but they won the damn game. 3-2 after 5 games and with a depleted wr/ RB core. Yes I know if Every ones all American was still the QB we would've won 55-17

I didn't say that, my knothead did, but with Smith leading the Skins to 21 2nd half points in 5 games, not having a 300 yard game as of yet and has almost as many fumbles, 5, as TD passes, 6, can you blame folks? Cuz and Mahomes are killin it and we're stuck in some 1930s time warp offensively speaking.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that, my knothead did, but with Smith leading the Skins to 21 2nd half points in 5 games, not having a 300 yard game as of yet and has almost as many fumbles, 5, as TD passes, 6, can you blame folks? Cuz and Mahomes are killin it and we're stuck in some 1930s time warp offensively speaking.
It’s not just that Cousins is killing it, but so is Fuller. And we could have really used that 3rd round pic this year on a guard. Everyone seems to forget what we paid to get a 35 year old qb with happy feet and one inability/willingness to throw the ball down field. Honestly, Colt could probably do better in this offense than Smith.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not just that Cousins is killing it, but so is Fuller. And we could have really used that 3rd round pic this year on a guard. Everyone seems to forget what we paid to get a 35 year old qb with happy feet and one inability/willingness to throw the ball down field. Honestly, Colt could probably do better in this offense than Smith.

Ima glass half full guy. Skins 3-2 in first place mid October I'm cool with that. Beat a good panther team without crowder/Thompson and the only take away is smith has happy feet, I don't get it. This board is fn depressing and it didn't used to be that way

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ima glass half full guy. Skins 3-2 in first place mid October I'm cool with that. Beat a good panther team without crowder/Thompson and the only take away is smith has happy feet, I don't get it. This board is fn depressing and it didn't used to be that way
That's fine. Its just many of us have seen this movie before. I'm happy we are 3-2 also. But I also realize that we have some significant flaws that are self induced (again). These flaws, if not corrected, will affect us down the road. Its just frustrating to see that these flaws we actually had a solution for in house and let it get away. As usual, this franchise under the Little Prince can't seem to get out of its own way.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller isn't killing it. Just watched him get burned again this weekend for another TD.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is bitching, it's a forum where everyone discusses how they feel the team played. This isn't a HS pep rally. I think most are happy with the record, the defense for the most part, AP and the run game to this point. Smith really hasn't been good though and that is reason to worry. Why shouldn't people talk about it. They are still rooting for the team. :noidea:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you had this team beating both the Packers and Panthers eh.

There's reason to be positive about. The defense has improved, we run the ball well and ST has been sharp. Far as our passing game goes. Its reverted to basic high school shit with Smith. And I don't care what Jay says about trusting Smith. You don't call running plays being down 40-13 in the 3rd quarter lkike Gruden did if you trust your QB.

It hasn't just been Carolina's defense. We've scored 21 points total, 5 FGs and 1 TD in the 2nd half of 5 games. What excites you about that?

Far as KC's slow starts. He's completing over 71% of his passes has over 1900 yards passing and 12 TDs. I've always bemoaned Kirk not throwing enough TDs in a season. Well he's on pace to throw 32 TD passes whereas Alex isn't even gonna crack 20 passing TDs at his present rate.

Smith didn't do any hellified shit in either the GB or Carolina game. McCoy can throw for 163 yards and average 4.5 yards per pass. Or complete 12/20 for 220 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT. That ain't shit.

I had us beating the Colts and losing to the Packers. It doesn't matter we are 3-2 what I predicted would happen. What excite me is that we beat a good team in Carolina. that should excite everyone. KC had slow starts in Washington. Right now he has the best WR duo in the league. So of course he Is going to have good numbers with the Vikes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuller 35 tot tackles 3 pd 's 2nd on the team for the chiefs

that would put him 3rd on our team behind norman and DJ as far as Pd's and 2nd on the team in tackles

i'd say he is killing it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin's has thrown for 1900+ yards and 12 TDs and a 103 QB rating, Smith projected to one more game based on his averages would be at 1400+ yards 7 TDs and a 92 QB rating.

True that Cousin's had a bad game against Buffalo, he had a great game against GB and got a tie because his FG kicker missed 3 FGs and the punt team gave up a blocked punt TD. He brought his team from behind. Smith has not brought his team from behind in any game.

With Cousin's the Redskins are likely 4-1.

Sorry but I don't think those of us that want to detail the mistakes made by the FO are going to forget. Doesn't mean we aren't rooting for the Redskins. We are just being realists.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin's has thrown for 1900+ yards and 12 TDs and a 103 QB rating, Smith projected to one more game based on his averages would be at 1400+ yards 7 TDs and a 92 QB rating.

True that Cousin's had a bad game against Buffalo, he had a great game against GB and got a tie because his FG kicker missed 3 FGs and the punt team gave up a blocked punt TD. He brought his team from behind. Smith has not brought his team from behind in any game.

With Cousin's the Redskins are likely 4-1.

Sorry but I don't think those of us that want to detail the mistakes made by the FO are going to forget. Doesn't mean we aren't rooting for the Redskins. We are just being realists.

This is what they don't get. It really has nothing to do with Cousins and more to do with the ineptitude of our front office not recognizing what they had and, more importantly, once again giving away way too much for someone else's aging talent who was discarded by their team. When the hell are they going to learn that (1) you don't trade for any player that is in their mid 30s, probably not even most players that are older than 30 and (2) keep you own homegrown talent as much as you can. No doubt that if KC were still here, we would have beaten Indy. Smith was just terrible in that game.

Here's what is going to happen. AP is our workhorse and the only real threat we have on offense right now. Yes, that 35 year old AP (but we didn't trade for him!! Yippee!!!). Of course, he has a dislocated shoulder, bad knee, and sprained ankle. At this rate, he isn't going to last. No surprise. SO when he goes down, what do we have? All we will have is a aging QB that can't/won't throw the ball downfield. So he dinks and dunks to his backs and tight ends for about 220 yards a game. Meaning that we might score 10 points a game. Who thinks that's gonna cut it? Hey, but we are 3-2!!! Let's celebrate.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make no apologies. I like Cousin's, I liked him coming out school and I still root for him. I even bought a Minnesota jersey. I still am a Redskin fan and have rooted for the Redskins for 55 years. I have no idea why people come here and tell me or anyone else how I should conduct myself as a fan. If you don't want to root for or talk about Cousin's that is fine. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore. I am now and have always been my own person so telling me how I should and who I should root has zero influence on me. BTW this is not intended for anyone person but for those who think I should not root for or like my posts.

Oh, I also root for the Rams because of McVay and I like Kupp and Donald. I root for the Steelers because they have always been my 2nd favorite team because they had so many Penn State fans and I am dating someone who is a Steeler fan.

But in the end ….. GO Skins!! :suds: