• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have a not so commanding lead at 5-4 and at least 4 games winnable.

They are the odds on favorites, I think, to win the division, but not exactly a lock yet. Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs are all pretty much contenders, mathematically speaking, although they would certainly have to win some games that no one expects them to.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Once again Spot on.

The Colts
Browns
Jags
Broncos
Dolphins
Titans
Chiefs

They are all looking like possibles for the AFCCG

If you couldn't infer I was talking about playoff teams, then you're an idiot. Oh wait...we already knew that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Raiders have a not so commanding lead at 5-4 and at least 4 games winnable.

They are the odds on favorites, I think, to win the division, but not exactly a lock yet. Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs are all pretty much contenders, mathematically speaking, although they would certainly have to win some games that no one expects them to.

I agree, they aren't a lock for AFCW. But if we're talking about them missing the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 and getting the 18th pick, then I'd rather just root for them to make the playoffs and make it to the AFCCG. At worst we get a pick between 21-25. I wouldn't mind dropping from 18 to 21-25 (which I don't see much difference between) if it gives me the chance of making the 2013 2nd round pick a 1st round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely AFC title game is Baltimore vs Houston.....both teams play defense and can move the ball (well Baltimore occasionally).....that said any AFC North team that gets in the playoffs has a decent shot......nobody in the West plays defense, Buffalo struggles to stop people, and so does New England.....Jets are still the likeliest from the East.....New England I suppose has a punchers chance (Brady)

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, unfortunately, when you play tight games with good teams, coaching decisions actually becomes more of a factor in the outcome.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Most likely AFC title game is Baltimore vs Houston.....both teams play defense and can move the ball (well Baltimore occasionally).....that said any AFC North team that gets in the playoffs has a decent shot......nobody in the West plays defense, Buffalo struggles to stop people, and so does New England.....Jets are still the likeliest from the East.....New England I suppose has a punchers chance (Brady)

I expect New England will have the newer defenses teams are beginning to throw at them figured out by the time the playoffs roll around, so I wouldn't remove them from any list of front-runners just yet.

Baltimore I'm not a big fan of. While they play great defense, not sure if they'll be able to consistently move the ball well enough in the playoffs. Jets fall in this category as well. However, despite the question marks on offense, I wouldn't bet against either beating any other team in the playoffs.

I think Pittsburgh and Houston may be the most well-rounded teams. Cincinnati isn't far behind.

Oakland is still a question mark. They played great defense last night against a struggling offense. But their defense has looked like swiss cheese in the past as well. Their offense is up-and-coming. I would say the jury is still out.

All that said, there isn't a team in that list that doesn't have at least 1 major flaw or a bunch of relatively minor ones. Personally, I wouldn't put money on any of the teams mentioned above being in or out of the championship game.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England just looks really ordinary to me, sans Brady......Ordinary lines on both sides of the ball, poor pass defense, no explosive players....all that said I suppose Brady/Belichick is worth something, though they really have not finished anything lately....with Chad there, we may be Bengalizing the Pats, too....don't underestimate the power of Bengalism.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Belichek thinks he's smarter than he really is, and all these roster moves are hurting them. You can't just cut guys and sign guys without thoughts of how it affects the team, a la, Eagles.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was impressed with how he played against Denver.. he's making throws I haven't seen from him post-elbow issue

Moore's a rookie, Ford's a second yr player, Heyward-Bey's in yr three. McFadden and Bush are both in their prime... the OL's solid.. they have two great Offensive minds on their staff (Saunders and Jackson).. If Palmer stays healthy I'm scared of what this offense might look like at this time next yr

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichek thinks he's smarter than he really is, and all these roster moves are hurting them. You can't just cut guys and sign guys without thoughts of how it affects the team, a la, Eagles.

Belichek has been there a realllllllyyyy loonnnnggg time.....could be his star is burning out......

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New England and Pitt are the teams to beat. By the time the playoffs roll around BB will have the offense and defense humming. They'll work out their issues and maximize their personnel. I think the Steelers are probably the best team in the AFC. Their O-line is weak but it seems like they're adjusting for that. That being said I'd agree that those teams are very beatable....Hou could be a darkhorse but not buying Schaub in the playoffs.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Houston's the best team in the AFC...

good, smart veteran QB. elite running game. solid defense. plus they're getting back their All Pro caliber WR.

every other team in the conference has a major question mark in an important area.

But I can't remember the last time I saw the AFC this wide open. i have some confidence that the Texans will win their divsion. otherwise all 5 playoff spots are up for grabs at the midway point.